Check your account email address ×

hey skidmark

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Most recreational purchases are not good investments...sleds and boats for instance...WGAF? Like you say it’s for your enjoyment so go for it.

They are all lousy investments, but I'm having a lot of fun.:bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya way out of my league. My wife would like one though....

I said better get a sugar daddy.

:lol:

We may upgrade in a couple of years.  My next coach will probably be a 2013-2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, or the Grand Tour  42QD.  450HP Cummins.  I really like the layout.  Very similar to our existing Moho but longer and a much nicer bedroom bathroom area.  I a couple more years a 2014 will be down in my price range.  

3f5d6fbb-fb6b-40ec-9e46-ce02f0c4af03.jpg

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Just amazing rigs....but DAYAM!  I can't roll like that.  I'd be looking for a deal and half on something around 10 years old...that way, if I hate it, I don't lose my asshole so bad.  Learned that with boats!!!

I know these big rollin', Million+ rigs aren't being sold to first time RV'ers though these playas know they love it out there in RV's.  You can finance them like houses boats too right?  10-20 years?

20 yrs at 7.9% interest 0 down. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just amazing rigs....but DAYAM!  I can't roll like that.  I'd be looking for a deal and half on something around 10 years old...that way, if I hate it, I don't lose my asshole so bad.  Learned that with boats!!!

I know these big rollin', Million+ rigs aren't being sold to first time RV'ers though these playas know they love it out there in RV's.  You can finance them like houses boats too right?  10-20 years?

I think you can finance them.  Not positive though.  Most people who can drop $2.2 million on a toy don't really need to finance.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

We may upgrade in a couple of years.  My next coach will probably be a 2013-2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, or the Grand Tour  42QD.  450HP Cummins.  I really like the layout.  Very similar to our existing Moho but longer and a much nicer bedroom bathroom area.  I a couple more years a 2014 will be down in my price range.  

3f5d6fbb-fb6b-40ec-9e46-ce02f0c4af03.jpg

Thats nice!

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I think you can finance them.  Not positive though.  Most people who can drop $2.2 million on a toy don't really need to finance.  

The ones who cant are boondocking in quartzsite cause the bank is looking for them.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

20 yrs at 7.9% interest 0 down. :lol:

Sounds about right.  Back when I was starting to roll a tad, I did something similar with a boat....like an idiot!  :wall: 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yeah....but I bet many do.  Same old story, many do the "Using others people's money while mine makes me money" routine.  I get both angles.  To each their own!  :bc:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

And no brains.

A friend of mine did the 20 yr thing on a 34g trailer. His reason was because he couldnt afford to do it otherwise and wanted to enjoy camping with his 2 sons and wife while his sons were still young..and wanted new..i see his point. I spent alot of time working crazy overtime when my kids were young and missed alot of stuff with them.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

A friend of mine did the 20 yr thing on a 34g trailer. His reason was because he couldnt afford to do it otherwise and wanted to enjoy camping with his 2 sons and wife while his sons were still young..and wanted new..i see his point. I spent alot of time working crazy overtime when my kids were young and missed alot of stuff with them.

He should have went with used then, the kids would have enjoyed it all the same.  FTR, I really don't by anything used but will keep them a while.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He should have went with used then, the kids would have enjoyed it all the same.  FTR, I really don't by anything used but will keep them a while.

He didnt want someone elses junk and making payments on that as well to save a few thousand.

I totally understand.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Most recreational purchases are not good investments...sleds and boats for instance...WGAF? Like you say it’s for your enjoyment so go for it.

Same with a swimming pool. But as a bud of mine sells it " the reason ya buy a pool is so you know where your kids are and who they hang around with"