Check your account email address ×

Florida lawmakers might not give voting rights back to felons, even though 64% of voters want them to

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Disgusting. Totally disgusting. I’d usually say, this is why you should vote, but when 23% of your adult population can’t, what can you do? The voters spoke, administer their will. Same as in WI. Voters spoke, and they disregarded that. 

Shit, they tried to undo parts of the legal cannabis initiative here in MI in the lame duck. They also made it harder to get ballot initiatives on the ballot. And rammed a new tunnel under the straits down our throats.

Next ballot initiative will be to eliminate the lame duck session altogether.

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

imho a felon should not be allowed to vote for at least 10 yrs with no other convictions .

Depends on the felony imo..

Some pretty lame shit is considered a felony.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

So we are not really a democracy. We are not free. Decisions are made for us by those who wish to control us. Stand up and salute that flag, chump. 

You’re face is a democracy 

39 minutes ago, Anler said:

So we are not really a democracy. We are not free. Decisions are made for us by those who wish to control us. Stand up and salute that flag, chump. 

Been that way for a while, they're just getting more brazen about it.

23 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Stupid. 

really why ?

you obviously have displayed you current lack of reasonable judgment by getting your self jammed up with a felony case . 

just for starters 

the list can go on but why 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

really why ?

you obviously have displayed you current lack of reasonable judgment by getting your self jammed up with a felony case . 

just for starters 

the list can go on but why 

Read the book "Three Felonies a day"

Just now, SSFB said:

Read the book "Three Felonies per day"

I have been in the court system enough to know the score .

i also have always known you never go in with out the best defence you can get.  all the lawyers will finance your defence .

only a idiot with a felony went in with a public pretender . again bad judgment from some one who really should not be voting 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why are they out of prison? Riddle me that... 

who says,they went to prison ? I know plenty of guys,who got a felony who never went to  prision he'll some never spent more than a night .

still got a felony or shoukd I say had . again get decent representation and pay the money you can get a felony droped to a gross after some time and hoops .if you care about your record and voting rights that is 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

who says,they went to prison ? I know plenty of guys,who got a felony who never went to  prision he'll some never spent more than a night .

still got a felony or shoukd I say had . again get decent representation and pay the money you can get a felony droped to a gross after some time and hoops .if you care about your record and voting rights that is 

So if you get your felony dropped, do you have a felony then? No. Can you vote then? Yah... Decent representation? For impoverished persons. Yah, seems reasonable. They just don’t want it bad enough apparently... This has to be the most retarded thing I’ve even considered debating all month. Wtf...

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

what would you go to court with a public defender with a felony hanging ? if so you to do not have the basic  judgment that should be required to vote imho 

Omg. Again. Do you think they have a fucking choice? Sweet fucking Christ your excessive (probably felonious) drug use in your youth has destroyed any semblance of critical thought. Holy fuck. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Omg. Again. Do you think they have a fucking choice? Sweet fucking Christ your excessive (probably felonious) drug use in your youth has destroyed any semblance of critical thought. Holy fuck. 

yes they have a choice . lawyers will finance you.  there is always a choice . if a lawyer thinks he can win the case keep you out they will finance your defence . 

this is a fact . I know lawyers who freqently do this . 

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So if you get your felony dropped, do you have a felony then? No. Can you vote then? Yah... Decent representation? For impoverished persons. Yah, seems reasonable. They just don’t want it bad enough apparently... This has to be the most retarded thing I’ve even considered debating all month. Wtf...

then the other option was to not try to rip off property of another person and avoid the felony .you know that whole judgment and voting thing again 

if a drug charge you can figure out how to by drugs and support a habit you can figure out how to pay off a lawyer  over a yr or 2 .

• Platinum Contributing Member

If you’re not willing to follow the law, at least certain ones, then you should not have a role in making the law for everyone else, which is what you do when you vote — either directly (in the case of a referendum or ballot initiative) or indirectly (by choosing lawmakers and law enforcers).

Bet few here disagree with taking a violent felon's 2nd amendment rights away.   Justice doesn't have to end when you get out of Prison.   

Edited by Highmark