Check your account email address ×

Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

yep. I've gotten to know Brad Brown quite well through our kids hockey. He told me he had well over 100 fights before he played a single pro game, many of them as a teenage vs men in the OHL. was told it was the only way he was making the NHL. 

But yeah, it's their 'personality' :lol: 

Their personality leads them to be addicts 

He was a great hockey player and I actually found it interesting back then. Why did he fight? The league or coaches told him to? 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Every day I log in here and see you take blatant ignorance and outright stupidity to staggering new heights.

My only response with mouth agape is to call you in it and I’ll do it for as long as you post shit so fucking retarded it makes me laugh out loud.

It might actually mean something if anyone considered you smart or enlightened but they don't 

Edited by washedupmxer

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Their personality leads them to be addicts 

He was a great hockey player and I actually found it interesting back then. Why did he fight? The league or coaches told him to? 

It might actually mean something if anyone considered you smart or enlightened but they don't 

Derp

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

That’s just a stupid ignorant comment on a subject you’ve already been shown to have zero  knowledge on. 

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CALL DRUPPER DUMB WHEN HE SAYS DUMB SHIT??? 

DO YOU HAVE THE DOWNS????

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

That’s just a stupid ignorant comment on a subject you’ve already been shown to have zero  knowledge on. 

What are you some kind of expert? :lol:

I just want to be clear here on what you're saying

Bob Probert didn't like fighting some unknown force made him do it, addiction is caused by outside sources not the traits you're born with? Is that really what you're saying? 

Sucks being so stupid all the time 

It has been estimated that 40–60% of the vulnerability to developing an addiction is due to genetics. One gene in particular, the D2 subtype of dopamine receptor, has been studied at length in association to substance addiction.

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

It has been estimated that 40–60% of the vulnerability to developing an addiction is due to genetics. One gene in particular, the D2 subtype of dopamine receptor, has been studied at length in association to substance addiction.

Oh fuck!  No you di’ent!!!!!

“Genetics” thread.  :lol:

I’m in now.

:news:

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

the never ending list of former enforcers that are either dead or living on the fringes of society with severe substance abuse issues says otherwise, moron. 

It was a lot of fun to watch at the time, but sad where it ended up for some.

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

Ya that has nothing to do with thier personality prior to playing 

Now medical science isn't to be believed,

CTE

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/sports/hockey/derek-boogaard-a-brain-going-bad.html

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Well at least you understand where you are all the time :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

CTE

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/sports/hockey/derek-boogaard-a-brain-going-bad.html

Thanks for making an argument I never did 

Just now, frenchy said:

So they are genetically predisposed to becoming enforcers? My god. 

Holy shit!

They're genetically predisposed to addictive dominant harmful traits. 

Traits that might make them tough hockey players with an inability to make proper life decisions. Scrambling  of the brains only complicates the matter. 

you guys think you're so smart but what you can't even understand is our difference is you think lifestyle caused them to end up this way and it may for some but I think it's more of the way they were born that got them to where they are. 

2 hours ago, irv said:

I wished McCarty got him better than what he did. I hated Lemieux with a passion but when he did that to Draper, I was hoping he got something 10x worse. 

Yup - Lemieux turtled, but Mac still got him with a few good uppercuts

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

the never ending list of former enforcers that are either dead or living on the fringes of society with severe substance abuse issues says otherwise, moron. 

So the substance abuse issues are from fighting? Congrats on the dumbest post of the day...

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Holy fucking shit are you retarded

Probert & Kocur partied like rock stars ...stifle it idiot

29 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

See what I mean

It's just a bad look, maybe you think it's cute, it's not 

Derp is Bhens go to when he is backed in a corner & staring at the screen with a blank stare

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

CTE

How many times did their heads hit the ice? Lot of variables.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Yup - Lemieux turtled, but Mac still got him with a few good uppercuts

So the substance abuse issues are from fighting? Congrats on the dumbest post of the day...

Probert & Kocur partied like rock stars ...stifle it idiot

Derp is Bhens go to when he is backed in a corner & staring at the screen with a blank stare

How many times did their heads hit the ice? Lot of variables.

The substance abuse is a biproduct of getting the shit kicked out of yourself daily. It’s pills and booze for most

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The substance abuse is a biproduct of getting the shit kicked out of yourself daily. It’s pills and booze for most

36 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

For some. For others it's from not playing anymore ...etc etc

Different sport but watch North Dallas Forty sometime which by most accounts is an accurate portrayal of the NFL in the 70’s. Players were under tremendous pressure to suit up and play and if that meant eating painkillers and taking shots from team doctors they did it. Afterwards booze, blow and weed helped ease the pain. 

2 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

Holy shit!

They're genetically predisposed to addictive dominant harmful traits. 

Traits that might make them tough hockey players with an inability to make proper life decisions. Scrambling  of the brains only complicates the matter. 

you guys think you're so smart but what you can't even understand is our difference is you think lifestyle caused them to end up this way and it may for some but I think it's more of the way they were born that got them to where they are. 

who are? people who become enforcers in the NHL are, at a much higher rate than other hockey players? And years of brain trauma plays simply a minor side role in it? That is really your argument here? 

Edited by frenchy