Check your account email address ×

Trump accuses media of trying to 'score political points' after suspect charged for mail bombs

Our poor President, treated so unfairly 😭

But hey he's got loyal guys like Cesar, and you know loyalty is what makes our President happy :thumbsup:

Trump accuses media of trying to 'score political points' after suspect charged for mail bombs

President Trump accused the news media of trying to "score political points" on Friday after a suspect was taken into custody following a spate of attempted mail bombings targeting prominent Democrats.

Trump argued during a campaign rally in Charlotte, N.C., on Friday night that the "media has a major role to play whether they want to or not" in repairing the civility of political discourse.

The crowd responded by chanting "media sucks."

"The media's constant unfair coverage, deep hostility and negative attacks only serve to drive people apart and to undermine healthy debate," Trump continued.

The president then accused the news media of attempting to use the mail bombing case as ammunition against him and the GOP.

"We have seen an effort by the media in recent hours to use the sinister actions of one individual to score political points against me and the Republican Party," Trump charged.

He then pointed to last year's shooting at a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., where the gunman targeted Republican lawmakers.

"When a Bernie Sanders supporter tried to murder congressional Republicans ... we did not use that heinous attempt at mass murder for political gain because that would have been wrong," Trump said.

"Nor do we blame the Democrat Party every time radical leftists seize and destroy public property and unleash violence and mayhem," he said.

"Yet, the media has tried to attack the incredible Americans who support our movement to give power back to the people."

Authorities on Friday arrested and charged a Florida man named Cesar Soyac Jr. with five federal crimes in connection with the explosives mailed to more than a dozen Democrats this week including former President Obama and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Soyac regularly posted pro-Trump and anti-Democratic content on social media channels and was taken into custody on Friday with a van that had a number of pro-Trump stickers and decals.

When asked earlier Friday about Sayoc being a supporter of his, Trump acknowledged Sayoc as a "a person that preferred me over others" but claimed not to have seen the stickers on the van.

"I did not. I did not see my face on the van," he said.

CNN also uncovered a video of Sayoc at a Trump rally in 2017, where the suspect was holding an anti-CNN poster.

CNN's Rene Marsh also noted that looking through Sayoc's social media presence it was evident that "he had his eyes on his targets before he even mailed those suspicious packages."

"Because you go through, there's essentially a tweet for almost every person targeted from Cory Booker to the Clintons, to the Obamas, to CNN. He has a negative comment about all of those people on his Twitter feed."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-accuses-media-of-trying-to-score-political-points-after-suspect-charged-for-mail-bombs/ar-BBOX9ah

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Our poor President, treated so unfairly 😭

But hey he's got loyal guys like Cesar, and you know loyalty is what makes our President happy :thumbsup:

You are such a partisan hack.  :lol:

Like Slinger, but less fun.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Politics are the same as wwf. I swear Vince McMahon is writing this stuff. 

Vote libertarian people! The no drama party and actual conservatives!

:lol: may as well not vote that how many people you idiots are going to elect 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Shorter fatter and dumber if thats even possible :guzzle:

No hair mention?  Is Slinger hairless also?  What is the deal with the bald libs here?  Weird.  I hope they at least have goatees grown....and wear sunglasses (or reading) on the top of their shiny domes.  I think that is in the "Bald Rule Book."  

:lol:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Our President he's just treated so unfairly, imagine the pain of having to cry about it when speaking to a group of graduating cadets.

Wow...this bombing ploy has you all bent up and hurty feely, eh?  :lol: Just like Lemon told you to be!!!!!!  :lol2:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No hair mention?  Is Slinger hairless also?  What is the deal with the bald libs here?  Weird.  I hope they at least have goatees grown....and wear sunglasses (or reading) on the top of their shiny domes.  I think that is in the "Bald Rule Book."  

A goatee is so late 80's/early 90's, why would a fashionista such as myself allow myself to look so out of date? I wouldn't :thumbsup:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

A goatee is so late 80's/early 90's, why would a fashionista such as myself allow myself to look so out of date? I wouldn't :thumbsup:

Good point.  I have a feeling you certainly maintain your own levels of fashionista despierta Americana!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You pull off the modern uncut fuckstick look like a runway model Ballsack you steaming dago pile of shit :finger3: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good point.  I have a feeling you certainly maintain your own levels of fashionista despierta Americana!!

He’s got that Danny devito thing rockin!