Check your account email address ×

Dow futures fall, suggesting stock-market bloodletting may not be over

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Believe me I know. Pretty fucked up as I have paid a shitload into my whole life. Plus my wife. We could live pretty good on that and my measely pension alone. Not including 401ks and IRA's. At this point i wonder if SS or my pension will be there when I retire. 

Biggest ponzi scheme in the history of mankind.  

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lots of ways I am too.  :bc:   Not cheap like I Joo people down on everything just look for good deals.  

I barter a lot. My wife runs the other way when I do it. After dealing with customers doing it for decades when I get the chance I love it 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Pay attention bro!!! I was in the union for 15 years. I started this company with a partner about 10 years ago. I have a measly pension of about $1600 a month from the union coming to me when I retire. Its funded now but who knows in 12 years. I can actually collect on it at age 55 but I cant still be in the business (In any position) to qualify. 

Sorry mang...i dont keep a spreadsheet on everyone!!

1600 is not bad really.

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

If anyone is planning on retiring poor there are very good options in Mexico and south america. You can live pretty fucking good on less than $2000 a month. Trying to send my parents there! :lol: 

You can live there no doubt. Pretty fucking good is a bit of a stretch. 

And once Trump is done with Mexico it will be as expensive as Canada. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

I barter a lot. My wife runs the other way when I do it. After dealing with customers doing it for decades when I get the chance I love it 

Im the same way.... :lol:

Just now, Highmark said:

Biggest ponzi scheme in the history of mankind.  

Only because the disability lawyers and scammer faggots are looting it. This country would be in alot worse shape without it. I cant even name all of the seniors i know that would be fucked without it. Funny how people who dont want UHC cite stuff like death panels. Those would be a benefit. :lol: 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Cuba then! Great health care too! 

My parents lived in mazatlan for 13 winters...shits gone up alot there they said.

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You can live there no doubt. Pretty fucking good is a bit of a stretch

Actually a lot better than you think. Better than here even. No joke. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Actually a lot better than you think. Better than here even. No joke. 

Dude. Ive been planning retirement for a decade. I know what it costs to live in Mexico. $2000/month is an existance there. 

Seems like some of you guys want to retire then lay around and collect dust. What kind of existence is that.  Not necessarily you Dave but a few others for sure. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. Ive been planning retirement for a decade. I know what it costs to live in Mexico. $2000/month is an existance there. 

Seems like some of you guys want to retire then lay around and collect dust. What kind of existence is that.  Not necessarily you Dave but a few others for sure. 

Hey dummy, I said if you are planning on retiring poor, I didnt say thats what I am going to do!!!!111 

Im going to do like you are doing and travel around. hopefully... 

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My parents lived in mazatlan for 13 winters...shits gone up alot there they said.

I know lots of Alaskans who have retired and gone to mexico for a while.  Most are back in the states now. 

My wifes parents retired in Guadalajara Mexico. Lived there for a decade.  Now back in Missouri. 

I have to send them $500/month because they cant make ends meet. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hey dummy, I said if you are planning on retiring poor, I didnt say thats what I am going to do!!!!111 

Ok sorry. I missed the poor part. :bc: 

I know lots of Alaskans who have retired and gone to mexico for a while.  Most are back in the states now. 

My wifes parents retired in Guadalajara Mexico. Lived there for a decade.  Now back in Missouri. 

Really? Wtf

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

For the lucky ones retirement has 3 phases. The gogo, the slow go and the no go. If youre lucky each phase lasts 10 years. 

The middle phase will be the cheapest. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

My ss pays the mortgage, taxes and insurance plus a little stash.

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Only because the disability lawyers and scammer faggots are looting it. This country would be in alot worse shape without it. I cant even name all of the seniors i know that would be fucked without it. Funny how people who dont want UHC cite stuff like death panels. Those would be a benefit. :lol: 

Lots of reasons but those who pay in max for long periods of time get absolutely fucked.

If you got almost every dime of your SS with reasonable interest (and some deducted for disability insurance) guaranteed most could retire by 55 and have money to pass down to their kids.   All them poor bastards that contribute all their life only to die pretty young.   Its a fucked system if you ask me not to mention the goofy spouse rules.     

For the lucky ones retirement has 3 phases. The gogo, the slow go and the no go. If youre lucky each phase lasts 10 years. 

The middle phase will be the cheapest. 

Im outa here when i hit no go....f that.

Ok sorry. I missed the poor part. :bc: 

No problem. :bc:  We do quite a bit of traveling now. My kids both have passports and have been out of the country and seen most of the US by now except Hawaii. (Scratched Alaska off the list this past June) But there is still alot of places I would like to go and bringing the kids is not very practical. Im kinda sad the middle east is the way it is because I have always wanted to see the alot of the historical places over there. And hopefully still can if they arent destroyed by then.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lots of reasons but those who pay in max for long periods of time get absolutely fucked.

If you got almost every dime of your SS with reasonable interest (and some deducted for disability insurance) guaranteed most could retire by 55 and have money to pass down to their kids.   All them poor bastards that contribute all their life only to die pretty young.   Its a fucked system if you ask me not to mention the goofy spouse rules.     

Oh I know it. 

Yep. $16 per day out of my budgeted $200. 

Health insrance is my biggest expense. $27.50 per day. Does not include dental.

inlaws is second

property tax and insurance is third. 

Did they have some unforeseen expenses?

Just now, DAVE said:

Did they have some unforeseen expenses?

No they just spent all their money way to early in retirement. They out lived their nest egg. 

They planned to be dead at 80 and are pushing 90 now with no wnd in sight. 

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well I support 3 seniors.. Wife's dad died about 5 years ago but honestly he wasnt a burden and didnt do anything. MIL lives with us and my mom has a house that constantly needs work. she has lots of health issues and cant do a whole lot. My dad is kinda losing his mind but I cant take him in because its not safe. All are poor and living off social security. Mom is the only one with a job still but it doesnt pay much. Im ready to push them all down the stairs. 

No they just spent all their money way to early in retirement. They out lived their nest egg. 

They planned to be dead at 80 and are pushing 90 now with no wnd in sight. 

Well that sucks i guess.