Check your account email address ×

My current event...

11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

No, Im talking aboot the natives. These folks are stupid from all the inbeeding! As Bohica said, the elders are nice but the younger generation is a bunch of assholes. Everyone of them is flat out stupid tho!

did you find frankie james yet 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

did you find frankie james yet 

Nah, we dont go up the Tanana this season. This late we are in Koyuk and then heading to Savuunga on St. Lawrence Island and then a few coastal villages then haul out. The boss is thinking 2-3 weeks longer. But who knows.

13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Remembering the markers was tough. So I had to think of something to make it easy. Ya know the whole north south thing. Ive got a bud named walter that also rides bikes. So I went with " wally scooter needs weed" 

translation west or east stay south. north south stay west

I remember driving up the Merrimack river from Newburyport to Haverhill at 2AM back in the 70s after fishing the flats after dark. Just a spotlight looking for markers all the way. It took us about 3 hours and 50 beers to make it back. Good Times

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I remember driving up the Merrimack river from Newburyport to Haverhill at 2AM back in the 70s after fishing the flats after dark. Just a spotlight looking for markers all the way. It took us about 3 hours and 50 beers to make it back. Good Times

The Merrimac and the Piscataquis can both be mean rivers.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

About 45 years ago, we would rent a 14' Aluminum boat with a 9 HP Johnson, and go into the Merrimack, almost into the jetties. 

You still drive the same boat 45 years later, you suck at life FAGGOT!!!  :lol:

:bc:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

NO!! I got a 12' aluminum boat, with a 15 HP Honda, you bastid!!   :rage:

On 10/24/2018 at 9:22 PM, Kivalo said:

So what are you actually doing?  Are you CAPTAIN of the boat, or are you just a deck-hand on an oil barge, delivering to outpost shithole Eskimo villages? 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

So what are you actually doing?  Are you CAPTAIN of the boat, or are you just a deck-hand on an oil barge, delivering to outpost shithole Eskimo villages? 

My position is AB Tankerman, this boat above my tonnage range for master, its one of the reasons Im working on it, so I can up my license level. My job is to oversee the discjarg of fuel to the villages' fuel farms and ensure no spills.

Edited by Kivalo

17 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

My position is AB Tankerman, this boat above my tonnage range for master, its one of the reasons Im working on it, so I can up my license level. My job is to oversee the discjarg of fuel to the villages' fuel farms and ensure no spills.

So what does it take to CAPTAIN a gigantic oil transporter, or a big Carnival cruise liner????? 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Basically somebody should have been in the US NAVY for years, and have maybe a Bachelors or Masters degree? 

You have a masters degree in draining dicks and welching on bets

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

If you cashed all your bottles , you still couldn't afford 42 cigarettes!

How's the fumes? Have you had a chest X-ray lately?  If you croak, I'm drivin' up there to get your sow and piglets. I'll bring them down here and strap them into the breeding rack in the breeding shed!!!  LMMFAO!!!

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

So what does it take to CAPTAIN a gigantic oil transporter, or a big Carnival cruise liner????? 

15 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Basically somebody should have been in the US NAVY for years, and have maybe a Bachelors or Masters degree? 

No, it takes sea time and then ypu have to be able to oass the USCG exam. The Naniq and her barge are classified as 1600ton so I will need as follows...

• 500 GRT (46 CFR 10.421): 720 days with 360 on vessels over 50 GRT; 90 days as AB on vessels over 50 GRT while holding MMD with AB

• 1600 GRT (46 CFR 10.416): 720 days with 360 on vessels over 100 GRT; 180 days as AB on vessels over 100 GRT while holding MMD with AB

20 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

No, it takes sea time and then ypu have to be able to oass the USCG exam. The Naniq and her barge are classified as 1600ton so I will need as follows...

• 500 GRT (46 CFR 10.421): 720 days with 360 on vessels over 50 GRT; 90 days as AB on vessels over 50 GRT while holding MMD with AB

• 1600 GRT (46 CFR 10.416): 720 days with 360 on vessels over 100 GRT; 180 days as AB on vessels over 100 GRT while holding MMD with AB

So, you have to work on these rigs full time for at least 2 years!!

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

So, you have to work on these rigs full time for at least 2 years!!

No you idiot, learn to read in between handy's!! 720 is total days of sea time, of that 720, 360 must be... 90 must be... etc, etc. 

Understand now? However since the seasons here are short, 6-8mo for the year. the sea time works out to be about 18mo of calendar time.