Check your account email address ×

These photos show 17 years of the US-led 'Forever war' in Afghanistan as the conflict becomes deadlier than ever

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Certain aspects of it, yeah, absolutely. 

OK...so what is the endgame and how long is the US Military going to be there because from the outside and through the prism of my non serving eyes the whole thing seems like a massive waste of blood and treasure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK...so what is the endgame and how long is the US Military going to be there because from the outside and through the prism of my non serving eyes the whole thing seems like a massive waste of blood and treasure.

You are choosing to misunderstand my comment in an attempt to be confrontational. That’s fine, do you. 

I don’t agree with the war in Afghanistan, nor do I support it. But, understanding the war from a human aspect due to being there is not the same as agreeing with the war. The war itself was a classic example of misrepresentation and shoddy reporting and terrible decisions. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You are choosing to misunderstand my comment in an attempt to be confrontational. That’s fine, do you. 

I don’t agree with the war in Afghanistan, nor do I support it. But, understanding the war from a human aspect due to being there is not the same as agreeing with the war. The war itself was a classic example of misrepresentation and shoddy reporting and terrible decisions. 

It's a little more nefarious than that. Nice white washing though.

The war was a calculated operation to extract trillions of dollars of wealth from the US.

The wars were a calculated effort to breed turmoil and create instability in the ME so perpetual boogeymen could be used as an excuse to strip our rights.

The wars were an effort to bring "terrorism" to the front of the minds of those who arent very bright

Just now, Mainecat said:

After 17 years doesn’t it become a fail and you move along?

No, you move on after year one after you decimated the Taliban and AQ. Every Taliban fighter created after that year was a direct result of our occupation. Just like in Iraq, every AQI fighter and ISIS was a result of our occupation and horrendous decision to disband the entire govt of Iraq. 

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The war was a calculated operation to extract trillions of dollars of wealth from the US.

The wars were a calculated effort to breed turmoil and create instability in the ME so perpetual boogeymen could be used as an excuse to strip our rights.

The wars were an effort to bring "terrorism" to the front of the minds of those who arent very bright

And to secure natural resources for banks to control global commodities. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Well good job picking one part and misrepresenting what I’m saying, while simultaneously missing my larger point. 

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Well good job picking one part and misrepresenting what I’m saying, while simultaneously missing my larger point. 

The situation in the middle east is the most disgusting act perpetrated on the world since the holocaust and it was a calculated effort by the US to accomplish just what I stated. Anything other than complete acknowledgement of that and condemnation is unacceptable.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The situation in the middle east is the most disgusting act perpetrated on the world since the holocaust and it was a calculated effort by the US, England, Israel and Saudi Arabia to accomplish just what I stated. Anything other than complete acknowledgement of that and condemnation is unacceptable.

Fixed. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

28 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So we are all just misunderstanding and misrepresenting....sure.😏

3 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, you move on after year one after you decimated the Taliban and AQ. Every Taliban fighter created after that year was a direct result of our occupation. Just like in Iraq, every AQI fighter and ISIS was a result of our occupation and horrendous decision to disband the entire govt of Iraq. 

The 5 year olds there are now 22 and fighting us. A fuckin generation of hate against us.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

After 9/11 America lost its collective mind.  Fertile ground for the war pigs in Washington to plant seeds in weak minded America. Rah rah and all the bullshit that goes with it. 

Mindless chickenhawk Cheney had a lot to do with that.

31 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The 5 year olds there are now 22 and fighting us. A fuckin generation of hate against us.

How can they be 5 and 22 at the same time?  

Moron.

Why do I have this tingly feeling that tells me I can’t wait to back read this thread even more.  I may save it for dessert!

5 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeah, that sums it up. Probably because you have zero experience with it. 

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It doesn’t take a genius or military person to know that any gains made towards creating a western style civilization in that area of the world will be temporary at best. 

Not according to XLT if you haven't fought there you have no idea what you're talking about....maybe that's why this country keeps getting involved in shit like this because all of the wise and experienced Generals know what's best...what a fucking crock of shit.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not according to XLT if you haven't fought there you have no idea what you're talking about....maybe that's why this country keeps getting involved in shit like this because all of the wise and experienced Generals know what's best...what a fucking crock of shit.

Dude, will you stop trying to be a cunt for two seconds to hear what I’m saying? This has nothing to do with should we be there or was it right or just. It’s about what it’s like being there. Unless you’ve been there and in that situation, you just don’t know and could never know. I don’t know why you go through these little phases, but you coming at me for no reason other than to get your preplanned jab in that you would have said no matter what I said is lame as fuck.