Check your account email address ×

****2018/19 NHL THREAD!!!********

Zambroski

Just now, f7ben said:

The whole Colorado thing left a bad taste in my mouth over Duchesne ......it was not handled well and the fact that the team hit the ground running once he was gone didnt look good for him either

he's been a model citizen here. No idea what the issue was there, heard it stemmed back to >Roy who is a complete asshole so don't doubt he was involved. Fuck did that trade ever work out well for them though. We gave up too much to get him, and may lose him for pennies on the dollar or nothing. :flush: 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I think he is. Not liking how he's playing this though and his dad/agent combo seem like a problem that could spring back up again. 

Well.....the wild havent had a legit superstar since Gaborik .......Dumba may be developing into that but it would be nice to have something on the front end.

Also Kaprisov needs to get here and be what we hope

Just now, frenchy said:

he's been a model citizen here. No idea what the issue was there, heard it stemmed back to >Roy who is a complete asshole so don't doubt he was involved. Fuck did that trade ever work out well for them though. We gave up too much to get him, and may lose him for pennies on the dollar or nothing. :flush: 

Yup .....Roy is a fucking piece of shit.  Duchesne is a dynamic player when he's going....loved watching him play. Its funny how that whole situation affected McKinnon......he was looking like a fucking bust his sophmore year while all that was going down.....the very instant Duchesne was dealt he turned into fucking Mario Ovetczky

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup .....Roy is a fucking piece of shit.  Duchesne is a dynamic player when he's going....loved watching him play. Its funny how that whole situation affected McKinnon......he was looking like a fucking bust his sophmore year while all that was going down.....the very instant Duchesne was dealt he turned into fucking Mario Ovetczky

:lol: 

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

fuck IDK. Problem in Ottawa is ownership. Melnyk is a complete ass and can't afford the team. Don't know why any UFA would decide to stay here as long as he's the owner. Sad truth. They could lose both Stone and Duchene....

Having Ottawa's arena 30 kms out of town doesn't help much either. 

13 minutes ago, frenchy said:

it's always been there. That's a copout. Melnyk has ruined this team  and the game day experience and the city wants him gone. 

It very well might be but it's pretty hard to make money if you don't fill or at least come close to filling the stands every game. Personally, I think Melnyk is unfairly being criticized and hammered on, or the scapegoat if you will? There is lots wrong in Ottawa but he is not the only thing wrong there, imo. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

It very well might be but it's pretty hard to make money if you don't fill or at least come close to filling the stands every game. Personally, I think Melnyk is unfairly being criticized and hammered on, or the scapegoat if you will? There is lots wrong in Ottawa but he is not the only thing wrong there, imo. 

he's the root of it all. I could go on and on with individual examples but in short he is broke and has gutted the team from the inside. Sens have the smallest and cheapest front office in the league, a 2 man scouting team and a bare bones operation. Pierre Dorion is a puppet GM who shouldn't even have the job in the first place but does because Melnyk makes all the decisions and he's just the face for it. Melnyk ran Cyril Leeder out of town who was hugely popular and one of the key people in landing the franchise in the first place. it's been one PR disaster after another from then on, not to mention having a known raging homo as the head of your farm team and player development. Gong show from top to bottom. 

and lets be honest, how many strong franchises can you even name the owner, or remember when he was even in the news? this guy is in the news every day and petitioned the city to donate him a fucking kidney ffs. 

32 minutes ago, frenchy said:

he's the root of it all. I could go on and on with individual examples but in short he is broke and has gutted the team from the inside. Sens have the smallest and cheapest front office in the league, a 2 man scouting team and a bare bones operation. Pierre Dorion is a puppet GM who shouldn't even have the job in the first place but does because Melnyk makes all the decisions and he's just the face for it. Melnyk ran Cyril Leeder out of town who was hugely popular and one of the key people in landing the franchise in the first place. it's been one PR disaster after another from then on, not to mention having a known raging homo as the head of your farm team and player development. Gong show from top to bottom. 

and lets be honest, how many strong franchises can you even name the owner, or remember when he was even in the news? this guy is in the news every day and petitioned the city to donate him a fucking kidney ffs. 

Well, that's some stuff I didn't know, but did he not want the team to be moved closer to the city? I can understand why the seats aren't full. Who the hell wants to drive all that way to watch a hockey game and have a good time? You need DD's, transportation, time and a ton of other things in place in order to do so.

Imo, if the arena was closer the stands would be more full and therefore he would have more money. I also believe politics are playing a huge part in this as well. Like I said, if he is in the news constantly, he is the scapegoat, in some regard, as, like in politics, we really don't know nor understand what truly is going on. 

If he sold the team to someone else and if the arena stayed in the same place, it might be good/OK for a while, but once the shine wears off, again, I am sure a new owner would be in the news in short order just like Melynk. 

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1312624

Edited by irv

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

Is Duchesne gonna resign? 

I,m sure he would love to, but Melnyk is to fukking cheap to pay guys what they can get elsewhere.

I don,t think they will be able to re-sign Stone, Duchesne or even Ceci. I think Ottawas plan is to keep bringing in young , fast guys, and keep them on the cheap til they can become URFAs, and get big money, elsewhere.

Edited by Frostynuts

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m sure he would love to, but Melnyk is to fukking cheap to pay guys what they can get elsewhere.

I don,t think they will be able to re-sign Stone, Duchesne or even Ceci. I think Ottawas plan is to keep bringing in young , fast guys, and keep them on the cheap til they can become URFAs, and get big money, elsewhere.

Well that is a sure fire plan to bleed money and lose your team to a larger market 

1 minute ago, snopro31 said:

nice to see the local guy having a great start of the year with the canes.

and people said he was only good cause of johnny g and monohan.

I remember you saying he didnt belong in the NHL at all when he was just cracking the lineup with the Flames

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I remember you saying he didnt belong in the NHL at all when he was just cracking the lineup with the Flames

please provide proof.

I'll always been a supporter especially with his start in hockey being late in life and everything else. 

please provide proof.

I'll always been a supporter especially with his start in hockey being late in life and everything else. 

Maybe you were saying "I cant believe he's playing in the NHL"  .......I could be wrong. I do recall me not thinking you were much of a fan though

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Maybe you were saying "I cant believe he's playing in the NHL"  .......I could be wrong. I do recall me not thinking you were much of a fan though

from where he started to then being in the nhl it was a shock for everything back here.  guy started playing in his teens and now look at him. 

he played in a ball tourney we had a team in this summer.  down to earth and no way anyone would know he was a decent player in the nhl.  humble and doesnt like the flashy life.

from where he started to then being in the nhl it was a shock for everything back here.  guy started playing in his teens and now look at him. 

he played in a ball tourney we had a team in this summer.  down to earth and no way anyone would know he was a decent player in the nhl.  humble and doesnt like the flashy life.

Well he's getting some top line minutes in Carolina and I saw him on the power play the other night as I recall. He has developed some slick hands and made a nice give and go move and put a hell of a nice shot on net in the Wild game the other night

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well he's getting some top line minutes in Carolina and I saw him on the power play the other night as I recall. He has developed some slick hands and made a nice give and go move and put a hell of a nice shot on net in the Wild game the other night

I kinda hope he ends up in Wpg at some point to play. 

I like how he still hits but cleaned up his game.  Runs the line at times but not afraid to get fancy.  Will stick up for a teammate which is RARE in this day and age.  He's a valuable asset and I was skeptical about the trade but he's just soaking it up.

7 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

I kinda hope he ends up in Wpg at some point to play. 

I like how he still hits but cleaned up his game.  Runs the line at times but not afraid to get fancy.  Will stick up for a teammate which is RARE in this day and age.  He's a valuable asset and I was skeptical about the trade but he's just soaking it up.

Its cool when a local guy actually makes it.