Check your account email address ×

****2018/19 NHL THREAD!!!********

Zambroski

On 10/3/2018 at 4:21 PM, frenchy said:

I know but it’s still huge. 

On 10/3/2018 at 6:53 PM, snopro31 said:

Jets are going all the way.

Wilson got robbed.  Bullshit suspension.

He's a goon and his intent is to injure guys. Should have been more, imo. Once back, he will continue guaranteed. Goons like him are lacking between the ears. 

Although they certainly didn't look stellar, it was great win for the Leafs tonight. Beauty goals by Mathews and JT.

Edited by irv

58 minutes ago, irv said:

He's a goon and it's his intent is to injure guys. Should have been more, imo. Once back, he will continue guaranteed. Goons like him are lacking between the ears. 

Although they certainly didn't look stellar, it was great win for the Leafs tonight. Beauty goals by Mathews and JT.

Like I said before. If he was going for the head a stretcher would have been on the ice. 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, let’s see how the Mild are gonna start this season.  I’m sort of excited.

If they start to play poorly, I hope they get fucking pummeled!!!!

Yah....if they suck I'm going to be rooting for LTIR with both our hobbled 98 million dollar winners

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....if they suck I'm going to be rooting for LTIR with both our hobbled 98 million dollar winners

I don’t think I’ve ever been this “unthrilled” on the opener.  

Let’s see it Wild.  Show me why I should choose to follow you again this year.  The competition for alternative puck is fierce here.  No?  Welcome to Dallas.  It’s hot as fuck!!!

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been this “unthrilled” on the opener.  

Let’s see it Wild.  Show me why I should choose to follow you again this year.  The competition for alternative puck is fierce here.  No?  Welcome to Dallas.  It’s hot as fuck!!!

Sucks man. I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a leafs season.  

The Washington/Pitts game is a gooder so far!! 6-6 in the 3rd that is almost over. 

O.T now. I like the 3 on 3 format. Beauty goal by Mathews from Marleau last night! :bc:

Pitts wins it. They still look strong and Letang, who got the winning goal, is healthy again. 

Edited by irv

I'm not giving up all hope yet but last nights game was abysmal.  We got undressed all through the 1st and outshot like 15-4. Those stats didn't get better until the third when somebody told us that shooting at their goal was a good way to score. Parise got lucky with a ladeled in netter early...but after that....we had concrete breezers on.  Our forwards were getting their pockets picked by their fucking defensemen!!  If I was forced to sit down and find 10 minutes of solid puck for a Wild highlight reel...The first seven mins would be slow motions of Doob, who actually showed up to play.  The last three minutes would take me weeks to find.

So...here we are again...in "The State of Hockey", wanting to watch a good game of puck....and knowing it probably isn't a good idea to depend on the Wild for it.

Image result for double facepalm gif

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The team is shit.....they showed everything I need to see last night. 

I was hoping preseason wasn't ANTHING like what what we were gonna see. Turns out, that's all they had.  Doob should look to get traded.  It should have been 4/5-1 at the end of the first.  Hell, we were dropping the puck in our own god damn zone for CO to pick up and shoot at will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was hoping preseason wasn't ANTHING like what what we were gonna see. Turns out, that's all they had.  Doob should look to get traded.  It should have been 4/5-1 at the end of the first.  Hell, we were dropping the puck in our own god damn zone for CO to pick up and shoot at will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coyle is a failure........he has zero ability to elevate anyones play around him. EK is beginning to look like a bust too.

This is the last chance for this group to do anything at all and they came with a b squad effort last night. Just disgusting 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Coyle is a failure........he has zero ability to elevate anyones play around him. EK is beginning to look like a bust too.

This is the last chance for this group to do anything at all and they came with a b squad effort last night. Just disgusting 

Just plain sad.  I mean....I just sat there with the TV off after the game and stared at the screen.  I was relieved it was over I think.  

smh over the whole sad affair.  Minn-Duluth (1) hosts Minnesota (13) this weekend.  Solid game expected.  I've got Saturday tickets to try and get my fix...fixed.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just plain sad.  I mean....I just sat there with the TV off after the game and stared at the screen.  I was relieved it was over I think.  

smh over the whole sad affair.  Minn-Duluth (1) hosts Minnesota (13) this weekend.  Solid game expected.  I've got Saturday tickets to try and get my fix...fixed.

I cant be bothered to care about sports at any level other than Pro.......its going to be another season with ups and downs ......I'm sure at some point I'll be on board and a believer again only to be let down by a core who dont have the heart to compete 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I cant be bothered to care about sports at any level other than Pro.......its going to be another season with ups and downs ......I'm sure at some point I'll be on board and a believer again only to be let down by a core who dont have the heart to compete 

Who's going to win it all this year, Bennyboy? I think San Jose is going places but a lot of teams, like Winnipeg are still strong from last year. The Leafs being Cup favorites at this point is laughable. They are good but not that good yet with the defense they have. 

Just now, irv said:

Who's going to win it all this year, Bennyboy? I think San Jose is going places but a lot of teams, like Winnipeg are still strong from last year. The Leafs being Cup favorites at this point is laughable. They are good but not that good yet with the defense they have. 

If I had to place a bet I pick the Jets and I would take them at far worse odds than any other team at this point. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I'm starting to think nylander will be traded.   I heard today that his agent has not moved off the 8.5mill or so he's asking 

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'm starting to think nylander will be traded.   I heard today that his agent has not moved off the 8.5mill or so he's asking 

Yah.....I was saying months ago at the Tavares signing that there was zero chance they kept all the kids. Frenchy called me names as did many others but you'd have to  be a fucking moron to think Nylander , Marner and Mathews all took discounts to stay.