Check your account email address ×

****2018/19 NHL THREAD!!!********

Zambroski

Well, OFF WE GO!  Some uneventful pre-season games that had me sleeping at the wheel.  Another year of being a MN WIld fan...Ughhh.....  

I saw this recent write up about the Wild and..... I just plain agree.  Too much good puck in this state to watch this shit:

I mean this in the most respectful way possible — I have no opinion on the Minnesota Wild.

None. No positive opinion. No negative opinion. No emotion of any kind toward them. There is nothing about them that makes me passionate in any way. This, I think, is the only attitude to take toward the Minnesota Wild if you are not actually a Minnesota Wild fan because this is the only attitude they deserve.

They are just a hockey team that exists.

If you were to ask someone to construct the most bland, run-of-the-mill NHL franchise imaginable, this would be it because that is what they are, what they have been, and what they will continue to be.

They have enough talent to make the playoffs. They have enough talent to be kind of relevant but not really relevant.

They do not have enough talent to get out of the first or do anything of significance once they get there. What they are now is probably what their ceiling is. They just … exist.

Minnesota Wild: hockey team.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/09/28/which-2018-nhl-playoff-team-is-most-likely-to-miss-in-2019/

I'm more excited about this season than any other one in a while. 

I think Jordan Greenway is going to be a legit star. Matt Dumba is going to be a legit star.

Man if Coyle and Neidereitter and Granny can have good years it's going to be at least another first round exit!!11

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm more excited about this season than any other one in a while. 

I think Jordan Greenway is going to be a legit star. Matt Dumba is going to be a legit star.

Man if Coyle and Neidereitter and Granny can have good years it's going to be at least another first round exit!!11

Share some then!!!!

Coyle's play lacks consistant hunger.  A good, big feller that can drive the net but acts like he doesn't want to hurt anybody...or himself to do it. If that changed...Ooooof!!!

Granny will be good again...so will Neidereitter.  When Dumba has his break out year...I hope it's with us.  We added some nice talent so..let's see what happens.  Right now, my expectations is for us to come down to the last few games and hope some teams lose to we can get ejected proper out of the first round.  But...that's 82 games away.  I'm holding out hope!!!!

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Share some then!!!!

Coyle's play lacks consistant hunger.  A good, big feller that can drive the net but acts like he doesn't want to hurt anybody...or himself to do it. If that changed...Ooooof!!!

Granny will be good again...so will Neidereitter.  When Dumba has his break out year...I hope it's with us.  We added some nice talent so..let's see what happens.  Right now, my expectations is for us to come down to the last few games and hope some teams lose to we can get ejected proper out of the first round.  But...that's 82 games away.  I'm holding out hope!!!!

Dumba broke out dude.....hes top 10 in every category last year for offensive advance stats

20 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

the power play of johnny T. mathews, marner, kadri and reilly looked good

It almost not fair how stacked they are

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dumba broke out dude.....hes top 10 in every category last year for offensive advance stats

We still have nylander somewhere, marleau and Ennis played good for us so far for 650k

Edited by Kev144

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I still think he's skating around like a space cadet every other game. The man could be a fucking beast out there still.  AND he drops the gloves!!!!

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

We still have nylander somewhere, marleau and Ennis played good for us so far for 650k

Ennis is a ghost during the regular season. Gives it all hes got but it's not enough. He'll be a healthy scratch all season

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I still think he's skating around like a space cadet every other game. The man could be a fucking beast out there still.  AND he drops the gloves!!!!

He still has 2-3 years before he hits his peak. He is a beast. I was his biggest critic but he has cut way down on retarded mistakes. Bad punches,  botched breakouts etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Henrik Zetterberg has left the arena....sucks. 

The wings are gonna take several years of work to get back. They need a goalie bad. Sucks for larkin

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ennis is a ghost during the regular season. Gives it all hes got but it's not enough. He'll be a healthy scratch all season

He still has 2-3 years before he hits his peak. He is a beast. I was his biggest critic but he has cut way down on retarded mistakes. Bad punches,  botched breakouts etc etc. 

The wings are gonna take several years of work to get back. They need a goalie bad. Sucks for larkin

His status on the team depends on nylander.  Maybe Ennis on a new team will step up :dunno: 

And the season begins tonight! :bc:

People have the Leafs going all the way and winning the Cup. :guzzle:I still think they have a ways to go, especially defensively.

I think San Jose will be a team to watch with the Karlson pickup. Not sure who else got stronger this year as I really haven't paid too much attention to any of it but I think we are going to see some real good hockey this season. I know the Leafs, with Tavares, are especially going to be fun to watch. Just hope everyone can stay healthy! 

7 minutes ago, irv said:

And the season begins tonight! :bc:

People have the Leafs going all the way and winning the Cup. :guzzle:I still think they have a ways to go, especially defensively.

I think San Jose will be a team to watch with the Karlson pickup. Not sure who else got stronger this year as I really haven't paid too much attention to any of it but I think we are going to see some real good hockey this season. I know the Leafs, with Tavares, are especially going to be fun to watch. Just hope everyone can stay healthy! 

I see Marner being top 5 in league scoring. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

He is awesome. I think we are watching the best young crop of players since early 90s

But but spiderman on tbp said the new crop of players are pansies and he could do a better job as gm!!!

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I see Marner being top 5 in league scoring. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

He is awesome. I think we are watching the best young crop of players since early 90s

I agree the kid is phenomenal but his size has always scared me. Imo, he is one big hit away from becoming injured only to never return to the form we currently see him at.

He is fast and shifty and that has worked so far for him but a big thundering hit he can't avoid forever.  

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I agree the kid is phenomenal but his size has always scared me. Imo, he is one big hit away from becoming injured only to never return to the form we currently see him at.

He is fast and shifty and that has worked so far for him but a big thundering hit he can't avoid forever.  

no different than a guy like Patrick Kane.....these guys have dealt with it their entire life and are so smart on ice they never even get hit. 

And lets be honset - thundering hits are basically illegal nowadays anyway

Edited by frenchy

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sounds like a moron

Yeah he and I think uts said hockey sucks now days.   I think some of these guys like mcdavid, Mathews, marner and Crosby are some of the best players we have seen in a while and great hockey to watch.  

Just now, frenchy said:

no different than a guy like Patrick Kane.....these guys have dealt with it their entire life and are so smart on ice they never even get hit. 

This.  Though some guys on tbp want tie domi back.. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Patrick had guys that protected him or knew other players on the team would pounce if they went near him. Who do the Leafs have that will step up or scare anyone into not thinking about pasting him?

I know what you are saying, they are shifty and fast but I don't care who you are, you are going to get clocked eventually, especially in the NHL when you are not head and shoulders above other players like you are in the OHL.

My Wild Take,

The West is an absolute killer, so many strong teams and most of them with legit scoring firepower.  Due to the Wilds lack of 5v5 scoring talent AND the fact that teams have discovered that if they shut down Granlund and its not that hard to do (Winnipeg) then they can limit the Wild to 2 or less goals a night.  Staal will not repeat his 40+.  Parise will not bring the power play back from the dead.

The formula for points is going to come in overtime wins.  The defense and Dubnyk  have to keep the scoring low.  They can hopefully get to more overtime 3v3 where Granlund, Dumba, Spurgeon, and Zucker can operate better and get out with 2 points.

They have no hope beyond the 1st round.