Check your account email address ×

States with the worst roads

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's funny how a couple of dipshits here call me names, yet i continue to say things that are way ahead of those same people.  I started a thread previously about it.  Dipshits.

:baby:

The lost decade  in MI under Gov. jennifer granholm  (d) has decimated the roads for the next sixty years.  The recent  labor dispute has ended between the operating engineers union and the non - union road building  contractors. With the threat of using the National Guard plus the massive hiring by the road building contractors  to  try  and complete the projects under contract timelines without facing  huge  financial  losses imposed by the state contracts , both sides  came together  and road / bridge rebuilding has restarted .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

It's funny how a couple of dipshits here call me names, yet i continue to say things that are way ahead of those same people.  I started a thread previously about it.  Dipshits.

You aren't way ahead of anybody....and I mean anybody. 😂

5 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Audley and Continental do an incredible job building roads here that's for sure . They don't get anything done in a hurry but you can't argue the end result .   Now the way cities like Nashua have been maintaining them over the last 10 years is another story . :bc:

Yup. In my town roads to be repaved are listed on the March ballot. It’s yeah or Neah but we always approve them.

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup. In my town roads to be repaved are listed on the March ballot. It’s yeah or Neah but we always approve them.

We have a county road that connects Charlevoix and Boyne City and it was horrible.....approximately 20 miles long and it was put on the ballot a few years back and it passed. Smooth as Buttah now! 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

I call this map bull shit just on the fact WI is at the bottem and MN in near the top .fuck that all you have to do is drive across the border any place .

mn has good roads as soon as you get 70mi out of the beltway in the belt way total shit with a shit storm of worthless trafic planning for the last 50 yrs,fucking pathetic joke . every freweay they redo is a fucing decade outdated before it is even finished 

13 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Waiting on your explanation and while you’re at it....tell the class how you think for yourself.....you know.....Bernie guy when he was the forum rage to Dump when the 🤡 Posse jumped on board :lmao: 

look your in self aware post of the hour you go girl 

21 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Audley and Continental do an incredible job building roads here that's for sure . They don't get anything done in a hurry but you can't argue the end result .   Now the way cities like Nashua have been maintaining them over the last 10 years is another story . :bc:

And unlike mass, they can build a road where the bridges and the road are at the same grade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2018 at 7:27 AM, steve from amherst said:

And unlike mass, they can build a road where the bridges and the road are at the same grade.

I can tell ya ,  that is the result of the guys running the screws and shitty roller operators.    the milling depth or grades set before paving begins are what they are if the abutments and drains n covers arent met correctly, thats on the screw men.   a pet peave of mine since its so easy to do and fucks things up for years when not done right.   ive been contemplating buying a Kasi infrared rig for a few years now. with all the shitty work being done from assholes not understanding gravity i think a seamless repair company would do very well here.  and the idiots that have this type of rig dont seem to know how to use them since they cant do a simple seamless repair like they should :flush:

Edited by old indy

Don't know much about the larger cities in Wisconsin but can't say I've been on that many rough roads there to put it in with the worst.   Don't they always brag about their roads....at least in the rural areas?  

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

no shit those fucks amaze me,  terrible in a car really terrible on the bike.  

Rte 3 from I 95 to mass stateline. $385 million to add 1 lane in either direction and 4 yrs later they had to build up in front of every bridge . I-495 thru Chelmsford , Lowell , Tewksbury traffic slows to 45 mph so drivers don't hit their head on the fucking car ceiling.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Rte 3 from I 95 to mass stateline. $385 million to add 1 lane in either direction and 4 yrs later they had to build up in front of every bridge . I-495 thru Chelmsford , Lowell , Tewksbury traffic slows to 45 mph so drivers don't hit their head on the fucking car ceiling.

I commuted 495 for 3+ years in the early 90's and i swear some of the same bumps exist still to this day  no idea how NH and Maine contractors can figure out how to keep them at the same level and ma cannot dealing with exactly the same environmental factors.  

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I commuted 495 for 3+ years in the early 90's and i swear some of the same bumps exist still to this day  no idea how NH and Maine contractors can figure out how to keep them at the same level and ma cannot dealing with exactly the same environmental factors.  

Ever notice mass cannot pave over a bridge but NH can , weird.