Check your account email address ×

Bone Thugs BBQ

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

If you've never made your own bacon before it should be on your short list. So simple and so delicious.

20180917_090637.jpg

Man that looks fucking on point!!!

Everything turned out very good. The chickens were spot on. Ribs etc was all great. I will continue searching for a good brisket rub as I just wasnt satisfied with the simple salt , pepper , garlic powder rub. The bacon was seriously good this morning.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Everything turned out very good. The chickens were spot on. Ribs etc was all great. I will continue searching for a good brisket rub as I just wasnt satisfied with the simple salt , pepper , garlic powder rub. The bacon was seriously good this morning.

So how much bacon did you make? Just 4 strips? That's like a club sandwich. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

So how much bacon did you make? Just 4 strips? That's like a club sandwich. 

I only got a half pound of it. It was only a 3lb pork belly and we shared a bunch. Next time we find a good deal on pork bellies we will do 60lbs or so. Its so easy to make and hands down better than any store bought stuff.

Just now, f7ben said:

I only got a half pound of it. It was only a 3lb pork belly and we shared a bunch. Next time we find a good deal on pork bellies we will do 60lbs or so. Its so easy to make and hands down better than any store bought stuff.

I love good bacon. Butcher shop by us has some amazing stuff. And it's like 1/4"-5/16" thick. Expensive tho.

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I love good bacon. Butcher shop by us has some amazing stuff. And it's like 1/4"-5/16" thick. Expensive tho.

Yes , thick sliced is very good if its well done and good cut of pork. I'd like to be able to make bacon for under $3 per lb. If you shop right it can be done.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup.  My shop always has a bunch of it.  Problem is, I’m the only one that likes the thick cut stuff in my family.  They don’t like “taste” in their bacon I guess.  Idiots.

Sure is good shit sliced right off the slab and peppered just so.  Mmmmm.

6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We used to get bacon at a farm stand when we lived in NH that was fantastic. I need to stop by the farm on the way to Colebrook, NH to see if they have bacon. I think it's just beef critters and veggies.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes , thick sliced is very good if its well done and good cut of pork. I'd like to be able to make acon for under $3 per lb. If you shop right it can be done.

Bacon has gone up in the past year. I could get it on sale a year ago for around $3/lb. The pound in the fridge right now was $5.99/lb on sale.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yup.  My shop always has a bunch of it.  Problem is, I’m the only one that likes the thick cut stuff in my family.  They don’t like “taste” in their bacon I guess.  Idiots.

Sure is good shit sliced right off the slab and peppered just so.  Mmmmm.

My wife likes her bacon crispy and you cant really cook thick bacon crispy without fucking it up. Stupid broad. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

My wife likes her bacon crispy and you cant really cook thick bacon crispy without fucking it up. Stupid broad. 

We always get thick cut bacon even if it's the pre packaged stuff. Fuck that thin shit. It's a fine line between perfect and overdone with thick cut bacon :thumb:

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I’ll one up you with my retards.  They’ve both gone to liking that precooked paper this shit.  It literally tastes like paper!!!!

Fuck these idiots!  Ben has inspired me (rare)!!!  I’m going to get me a pork belly for this weekend!!!!  Yahooo!!!!!  I’ll eat it all myself!  I can almost feel my arteries closing up right now!!  It’s so exciting!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’ll one up you with my retards.  They’ve both gone to liking that precooked paper this shit.  It literally tastes like paper!!!!

Fuck these idiots!  Ben has inspired me (rare)!!!  I’m going to get me a pork belly for this weekend!!!!  Yahooo!!!!!  I’ll eat it all myself!  I can almost feel my arteries closing up right now!!  It’s so exciting!!!

I met a guy couple weeks ago at my buddy's bday party. He is a big bbq guy and was telling me about some unit he bought from a guy in Georgia who makes them. I cant remember his name but sounds like he makes them for a lot of competition bbqers. guy makes some great stuff with it. I may have to investigate now....

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've been wanting to try doing a pork belly too :thumb:   I would also like to try doing a brisket before winter sets in.

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

We always get thick cut bacon even if it's the pre packaged stuff. Fuck that thin shit. It's a fine line between perfect and overdone with thick cut bacon :thumb:

Diner we do sunday mornings tosses it in the deep fryer comes out perfect. crisp without being overdone. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

precooked thick cut isn't bad for making breakfast sammiches up to camp,  no mess to clean up but the thin stuffs pretty flavorless.  

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

I will eat bacon raw...i dont care how its cooked.

:lol2:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Diner we do sunday mornings tosses it in the deep fryer comes out perfect. crisp without being overdone. 

I usually throw it in a 400° oven for 15-20 minutes. Never thought about deep frying it. I wonder if they use bacon grease to fry it :dunno: