Check your account email address ×

Obamacare Insurance Markets on Verge of Collapse

jtssrx

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Well our union has like 22,000 members so I dont think it will do me any good to ask for that. Besides the rates are negotiated by the various contractor associations.

I am not saying for you to do that, but it is possible to get that information.  Not that hard to average out the expenditures by the number of participants to figure out the average per person.  That is what needs to happen for this country to make it fair.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Just thought about something else. Think about how much the various govt agencies pay in health insurance premiums. Want to cut govt spending? Boom!

What all the sudden UHC is free?

Again what do you do with the current HI companies?

Just now, racer254 said:

I am not saying for you to do that, but it is possible to get that information.  Not that hard to average out the expenditures by the number of participants to figure out the average per person.  That is what needs to happen for this country to make it fair.

I get that report every year.   Its how we base the decision on what plan to use.   Over the years we've went to higher deductible plans but the out of pocket cost for the employee remains the same.   We pay them the difference in the increase in deductible if they reach that amount.   Its saves us and our employee's thousands every year.

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So how exactly does that work?   You pay the union and they provide the HCI?  Does the 15% make up the $1 million?

Yes we have negotiated rates with the union for Pension, Health Ins, training, etc... They provide all of that and we pay them. Another reason to go with UHC. It takes a big chunk away from the unions. They would be fucked...

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I get that report every year.   Its how we base the decision on what plan to use.   Over the years we've went to higher deductible plans but the out of pocket cost for the employee remains the same.   We pay them the difference in the increase in deductible if they reach that amount.   Its saves us and our employee's thousands every year.

Do you do HC savings accounts?

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

So what % of your income are you willing to pay and what % of your employee's income are you willing to pay for NHC?

What do we do with all the HI companies and their assets.   Medicare is managed by the govt.

The govt could subcontract the administration of health care payments to the insurance companies. The insurance companies can bid against each other for the service. And make it by state or region. That way the govt doesnt have to hire a shit ton of people to do it. Boom!

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The govt could subcontract the administration of health care payments to the insurance companies. The insurance companies can bid against each other for the service. And make it by state or region. That way the govt doesnt have to hire a shit ton of people to do it. Boom!

The government would have to pick 2 or 3 of them to bail out of bankruptcy first.  Same with providers.  They are fat pigs and won't recover in the stock market once any type of g'ment plan even hints of getting into the biz.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The government would have to pick 2 or 3 of them to bail out of bankruptcy first.  Same with providers.  They are fat pigs and won't recover in the stock market once any type of g'ment plan even hints of getting into the biz.

Oh well. Nobody is guaranteed a future in America. We should prop up a failing industry just to keep thieving corporations afloat? I thought we were done with that?

Just now, Anler said:

Oh well. Nobody is guaranteed a future in America. We should prop up a failing industry just to keep thieving corporations afloat? I thought we were done with that?

Not at all.  But you mentioned using them as g'ment subs.  They most likely won't survive any transition of the government moving in on health care.  I say let them all go under and then let the g'ment step in and restructure policies to make them the singular payer.  But then, there's the other side of the fraudulent providers....ughhhhh.

It'd be a huge fucking mess.  But, it's either now or later.  I suppose we just continue with "baby steps" but with so many in government in on the healthcare pay-out/pay-off, well.....again.....ughhh....

Not really sure how in the fuck it has come to this disaster when everybody has been watching it for 30 fucking years now.

19 hours ago, Anler said:

Yes we have negotiated rates with the union for Pension, Health Ins, training, etc... They provide all of that and we pay them. Another reason to go with UHC. It takes a big chunk away from the unions. They would be fucked...

You think that would change?  :lmao:There were provisions for the unions in Obamacare.

19 hours ago, Anler said:

Do you do HC savings accounts?

No.   We started with a $700 deductible.   Over the years we've increased it to $2500 to keep premiums down.   Once they hit $700 they turn in a redacted bill showing just what they owe and we reimburse them for the money up to the deductible total.   It works well because not much of our plan goes against the deductible so few people reach it.  Only surgeries and ER visits go against it.  

16 hours ago, Anler said:

I like that in theory but the HI companies are already very efficient and profit margins are quite low.   Usually well below 10%.   The reality is if you don't go after the cost of care you don't save shit.   Even Sanders knew this that is why he was "estimating" 50% savings thru "negotiations" with the HC industry. :lmao:Negotiations code for strong arming the health care industry to paying their people less.  

16 hours ago, Anler said:

Nobody is guaranteed Health Care in our Constitution either.  Want to protect yourself against medical bankruptcy make sure you have a job that has HCI or you can afford it on your own.   Lose that job make sure your rainy day fund can cover Cobra until you find other insurance thru work.  Loss of Ins for pre-existing conditions can mostly be avoided if done right.  

We have never had someone turned down.   Our plan is set up where they had to be accepted.  Even prior to Obiecare.  

Edited by Highmark

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nobody is guaranteed Health Care in our Constitution either.  Want to protect yourself against medical bankruptcy make sure you have a job that has HCI or you can afford it on your own.   Lose that job make sure your rainy day fund can cover Cobra until you find other insurance thru work.  Loss of Ins for pre-existing conditions can mostly be avoided if done right.  

We have never had someone turned down.   Our plan is set up where they had to be accepted.  Even prior to Obiecare.  

Amazing that there are many out there in the US today that seem to understand this very concept.  Personal Responsiblity seems to be something that is continuously ignored by liberals.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You think that would change?  :lmao:There were provisions for the unions in Obamacare.

No.   We started with a $700 deductible.   Over the years we've increased it to $2500 to keep premiums down.   Once they hit $700 they turn in a redacted bill showing just what they owe and we reimburse them for the money up to the deductible total.   It works well because not much of our plan goes against the deductible so few people reach it.  Only surgeries and ER visits go against it.  

I like that in theory but the HI companies are already very efficient and profit margins are quite low.   Usually well below 10%.   The reality is if you don't go after the cost of care you don't save shit.   Even Sanders knew this that is why he was "estimating" 50% savings thru "negotiations" with the HC industry. :lmao:Negotiations code for strong arming the health care industry to paying their people less.  

Another part of the problem that insurance costs keep going up is because if the uninsured. Whenever someone goes to the hospital and doesn't pay their bill, guess who pays?

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Another part of the problem that insurance costs keep going up is because if the uninsured. Whenever someone goes to the hospital and doesn't pay their bill, guess who pays?

Completely agree however I don't think the dems would pass anything that required everyone to contribute.   If handled like Medicare they would simply get a check back somehow like the EITC and FICA.   In the end those that can "afford" to pay still would be paying for everyone.  Look at the massive expansion to Medicaid the PPACA had attached to it.   

Bernie's Plan

A 2.2 percent income-based premium paid by households.
Revenue raised: $210 billion per year.This year, a family of four taking the standard deduction can have income up to $28,800 and not pay this tax under this plan.

A family of four making $50,000 a year taking the standard deduction would only pay $466 this year.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Completely agree however I don't think the dems would pass anything that required everyone to contribute.   If handled like Medicare they would simply get a check back somehow like the EITC and FICA.   In the end those that can "afford" to pay still would be paying for everyone.  Look at the massive expansion to Medicaid the PPACA had attached to it.    

I dont think you can omit anyone on something like this. Besides if this would take away the obstacle for full time employment i think most would be agreeable to it. It is something that should be researched and talked about. Otherwise we just keep paying more.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Amazing that there are many out there in the US today that seem to understand this very concept.  Personal Responsiblity seems to be something that is continuously ignored by liberals.

Because getting cancer is all about personal responsibilty.... :lol: 

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont think you can omit anyone on something like this. Besides if this would take away the obstacle for full time employment i think most would be agreeable to it. It is something that should be researched and talked about. Otherwise we just keep paying more.

I agree but it simply won't happen.  The libs would NEVER agree to everyone paying.   Only way I'd even entertain NHC if there were provisions for lifestyle too.   No way somebody who eats healthy and works out and rarely has to go to the doctor should pay the same as someone who is lazy, overweight and smokes and has health issues because of it.  

SS, medicare, food and housing assistance is abused and full of fraud, I can't imagine how bad NHC would be in this country.  When you remove profit you remove the incentive to combat waste and fraud.    

Edited by Highmark

39 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

"Nobody is guaranteed Health Care in our Constitution either.  Want to protect yourself against medical bankruptcy make sure you have a job that has HCI or you can afford it on your own.   Lose that job make sure your rainy day fund can cover Cobra until you find other insurance thru work.  Loss of Ins for pre-existing conditions can mostly be avoided if done right. " 

What the fuck didn't you understand about this statement snowbeavis?

50 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Stupid-Hillary-supporters.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, racer254 said:

"Nobody is guaranteed Health Care in our Constitution either.  Want to protect yourself against medical bankruptcy make sure you have a job that has HCI or you can afford it on your own.   Lose that job make sure your rainy day fund can cover Cobra until you find other insurance thru work.  Loss of Ins for pre-existing conditions can mostly be avoided if done right. " 

What the fuck didn't you understand about this statement snowbeavis?

:lol: