Check your account email address ×

Colorado Baker Sues State Again, After Refusing To Make Cake For Transgender Woman

• Platinum Contributing Member

The Colorado baker who won a Supreme Court case over his refusal to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple is suing state officials, alleging religious discrimination over his refusal to make a cake celebrating a gender transition.

Attorneys for Jack Phillips, who owns Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colo., said Wednesday that the state is "continuing to single out Jack for punishment and to exhibit hostility toward his religious beliefs."

The case involves an incident from June 2017, when lawyer Autumn Scardina said she asked for a cake with a pink interior and blue exterior to celebrate the anniversary of transitioning from male to female. "The woman on the phone told me they do not make cakes celebrating gender changes," Scardina wrote in a complaint to Colorado's Division of Civil Rights.

"That's a cake I can't create for anybody," Phillips told Colorado Public Radio.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/16/639147599/colorado-baker-sues-state-again-after-refusing-to-make-cake-for-transgender-woma

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Pretty much.  I think that this lawyer/trans person did so and should be dis-barred for doing so.  

The last one who set it up was supposedly a reporter 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Sounded like they shopped around until they found someone that told them "no."

Oh, I bet they knew exactly where they were going.

I mean, besides that ridiculousness....wtf is a gender transition celebratory cake????

Whatever it is...I don’t want a piece.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Sounded like they shopped around until they found someone that told them "no."

The reporter did, then shopped for a queer couple to go in and ask for the cake. And drove 100+ miles to do it 

39 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I wonder if MC’s wife made him a cake to celebrate the moment he decided he didn’t love tariffs anymore and now hates them. 

She just gives him one of his shitty diapers on a plate.

Both sides are fucking dipshits trying to make a point.  Dumb fuck  baker wants to pick and choose what side of a dollar is green and help himself. Dumb fucks in the lgbt groups want to only pick at lily white dumb fuck bakers for media ink and fundraising dollars. The lgbt groups should go into a non - lily white  bakery in Dearborn Mi and ask  for a cake to be made with video running................................

Edited by hwytohell

11 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Both sides are fucking dipshits trying to make a point.  Dumb fuck  baker wants to pick and choose what side of a dollar is green and help himself. Dumb fucks in the lgbt groups want to only pick at lily white dumb fuck bakers for media ink and fundraising dollars. The lgbt groups should go into a non - lily white  bakery in Dearborn Mi and ask  for a cake to be made with video running................................

That is his monetary loss, no concern of ours.  I'm thinking the gays pay well for a wedding cake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I bet they knew exactly where they were going.

I mean, besides that ridiculousness....wtf is a gender transition celebratory cake????

Whatever it is...I don’t want a piece.

No doubt this was a setup. Personally I think they should just make the fucking cake but both sides are batshit crazy so back to the supreme Court they go