Check your account email address ×

Moar Russia!

Pompeo Slaps On Major Russia Sanctions...Over Unproven UK Poisoning!

written by daniel mcadams
thursday august 9, 2018printer.png

Is Pompeo launching a coup against his boss? By kicking in sanctions on Russia - invoking a 1991 US law on chemical weapons - the US State Department is further poisoning President Trump's efforts to improve relations with his Russian counterpart. If President Trump refuses to enforce the sanctions, he will hand a political gift to Democrats who believe their election fortunes in November rest on endlessly screaming "Russia, Russia, Russia." And what are these new sanctions all about? The totally unproven, full-of-holes claims that the Russian government was behind the Skripal "poisoning" in the UK in March. We untangle some of this madness in today's Liberty Report:

I was watching a bit of it but only half paying attention, they sounded pretty tough.  Not sure I agree this is necessary.  Pompeo is a glory war hound.

Probably gonna send them California’s supply of plastic straws.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I was watching a bit of it but only half paying attention, they sounded pretty tough.  Not sure I agree this is necessary.  Pompeo is a glory war hound.

Probably gonna send them California’s supply of plastic straws.

I have always felt like the anti Russia theme was about their "meddling" in Syria. That mess should have been over years ago and now it looks like Syrian forces with the help of Iran and Russia have beaten the terrorists pretty much out. There was even some US and Israeli air strikes against Iranian and Russian positions as kind of an attempt to get them to counter strike. I think that is pissing off the Freedom coalition more than anything. 

So they make up some shit about Russia influencing the election to drum up outrage. How ironic would it be if it was in fact the dems that push for military action. :lol:  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I know England is a so called friend and all but why don't we let them deal with it?

Because they probably don't feel like starting major global conflict over a simple crime committed on their soil.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Because they probably don't feel like starting major global conflict over a simple crime committed on their soil.

LIke any country  should over what is nothing more then a simple crime.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Imagine that.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yup.  Why are we doing this again?

2 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I have always felt like the anti Russia theme was about their "meddling" in Syria. That mess should have been over years ago and now it looks like Syrian forces with the help of Iran and Russia have beaten the terrorists pretty much out. There was even some US and Israeli air strikes against Iranian and Russian positions as kind of an attempt to get them to counter strike. I think that is pissing off the Freedom coalition more than anything. 

So they make up some shit about Russia influencing the election to drum up outrage. How ironic would it be if it was in fact the dems that push for military action. :lol:  

There is no doubt in what’s left in my military mind that we would be knee deep in the SNAFU Syria debacle if she was in house.  ZERO DOUBT.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There is no doubt in what’s left in my military mind that we would be knee deep in the SNAFU Syria debacle if she was in house.  ZERO DOUBT.  

That , illegal immigration and trade is why Trump got my vote.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Imagine that.

Yup.  Why are we doing this again?

Yep. The Saudis didn't give her all that money to help the poor. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I know England is a so called friend and all but why don't we let them deal with it?

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

24 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Technically, U.S. law. Under the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991, the United States is required to impose sanctions on any foreign power determined to have used chemical or biological weapons in violation of international law within 60 days of assigning blame to the country in question.

SEC. 302. PURPOSES.
 The purposes of this title are--
 (1) to mandate United States sanctions, and to encourage international
 sanctions, against countries that use chemical or biological weapons in
 violation of international law or use lethal chemical or biological weapons
 against their own nationals, and to impose sanctions against companies that
 aid in the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons;
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Technically, U.S. law. Under the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991, the United States is required to impose sanctions on any foreign power determined to have used chemical or biological weapons in violation of international law within 60 days of assigning blame to the country in question.

SEC. 302. PURPOSES.
 The purposes of this title are--
 (1) to mandate United States sanctions, and to encourage international
 sanctions, against countries that use chemical or biological weapons in
 violation of international law or use lethal chemical or biological weapons
 against their own nationals, and to impose sanctions against companies that
 aid in the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons;

Ok.  

Good find.

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Heard about it some time ago.

That ruling hinges on there being evidence it was an act compelled by the state and not individuals.

Evidence against Russia is scarce everytime they are accused of shit. They are the International scapegoat for everything nowadays 

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That ruling hinges on there being evidence it was an act compelled by the state and not individuals.

Evidence against Russia is scarce everytime they are accused of shit. They are the International scapegoat for everything nowadays 

:lol:

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lmao: .7 Momo :lmao: