Check your account email address ×

Trillion dollar deficit in a fantastic economy.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

It’s gonna take another Democrat to fix it.

yes lets give no credit to the pubs during clintons term for holding spending in check.  We for sure will need to raise taxes which the dems will be happy to push through when they control all 3 parts come 2020 then in 2022 hopefully we get the republican congress to come in and stop spending like happened in 94.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes lets give no credit to the pubs during clintons term for holding spending in check.  We for sure will need to raise taxes which the dems will be happy to push through when they control all 3 parts come 2020 then in 2022 hopefully we get the republican congress to come in and stop spending like happened in 94.  

Problem is every year the budget grows, govt grows. Now you want to take a trillion dollars out? Which party is gonna want to lay off their operatives to save that cash? And you really cant be serious about reducing spending without getting out of all of these military operations. Who is gonna do that? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Problem is every year the budget grows, govt grows. Now you want to take a trillion dollars out? Which party is gonna want to lay off their operatives to save that cash? And you really cant be serious about reducing spending without getting out of all of these military operations. Who is gonna do that? 

Nobody is going to do anything that might cost them one vote...hey let’s close a military base to save money as long as it’s not in my district/state....bunch of lip service. Look at fucks like McConnell, Goober Graham, Harry Reid, Pelosi....ect.....what have any of them ever done for the good of the country and future generations....they are only concerned with themselves.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nobody is going to do anything that might cost them one vote...hey let’s close a military base to save money as long as it’s not in my district/state....bunch of lip service. Look at fucks like McConnell, Goober Graham, Harry Reid, Pelosi....ect.....what have any of them ever done for the good of the country and future generations....they are only concerned with themselves.

It would be a good start just to vote out all of those old fucks. Voter imposed term limits.

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

It would be a good start just to vote out all of those old fucks. Voter imposed term limits.

Could not agree more....I’m no expert but when the founding fathers set this whole deal up they weren’t expecting these elected positions to become full time careers.

16 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

i get budget will grow given costs will continue to rise at the same time revenue should also grow along those same lines.  problem is when your spending increases are so much above that like we have seen. The wean off the MIC needs to start but it's a process that  will take more than my lifetime to happen because pulling the plug on it would destroy this country.  

closest that came to reality was under Gingrich but of course no one wants to vote themselves out of a job and it takes a constitutional amendment to make that happen so either congress cooperates or there needs to be a states convention to make that happen.  I think you might if it could get back to the states get the 38 states to agree to it,  23 had term limits that were tossed in the 90's by the SCOTUS    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Term_Limits,_Inc._v._Thornton

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i get budget will grow given costs will continue to rise at the same time revenue should also grow along those same lines.  problem is when your spending increases are so much above that like we have seen. The wean off the MIC needs to start but it's a process that  will take more than my lifetime to happen because pulling the plug on it would destroy this country.  

closest that came to reality was under Gingrich but of course no one wants to vote themselves out of a job and it takes a constitutional amendment to make that happen so either congress cooperates or there needs to be a states convention to make that happen.  I think you might if it could get back to the states get the 38 states to agree to it,  23 had term limits that were tossed in the 90's by the SCOTUS    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Term_Limits,_Inc._v._Thornton

I know thats why I said voter imposed term limits. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Could not agree more....I’m no expert but when the founding fathers set this whole deal up they weren’t expecting these elected positions to become full time careers.

"rotation" was a big discussion at the convention but they decided to not go forward with it.  certainly in hind sight they would have made different choices as their confidence that the voters would address the problem has never happened.  

It will be up to us end of the day as voters to push out the old guard because the chances it happens in other ways is slim. 

I apprehend that the total abandonment of the principle of rotation in the offices of president and senator will end in abuse. But my confidence is that there will for a long time be virtue and good sense enough in our countrymen to correct abuses.-  Jefferson

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Clinton was the last president to run a surplus. :snack:

No Republican that supports trumps spending can ever claim to be a fiscal conservative again...

While they were actually accounting tricks that made the Govt show a surplus 'Ol Billy wasn't too bad for the economy with the help of a GOP led congress.   He cut CG taxes, had fiscal restraint and did somewhat control even military spending.   He was so consumed with staying in power he did a 180 after the midterms and started working with the GOP.   

Today the left would NEVER embrace the policies he put in place.   His wife wouldn't even have been as centered.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i was thinking you meant voters would need to approve term limits not vote the shitbricks out.  

Vote them out. Voters are stupid tho. 

Vote them out. Voters are stupid tho. 

Ever meet some of these idiots? I met Carl Levin, he was a friend of my uncle. Guy was like a cartoon character with the combover and the glasses low on his nose. 36 years this guy was in office. Could you imagine having a conversation with Pelosi or Schumer? Holy fuck...we bitch about the president but some of these clowns have to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Ever meet some of these idiots? I met Carl Levin, he was a friend of my uncle. Guy was like a cartoon character with the combover and the glasses low on his nose. 36 years this guy was in office. Could you imagine having a conversation with Pelosi or Schumer? Holy fuck...we bitch about the president but some of these clowns have to go.

I could not imagine having a conversation with any of those old fucks, kinda my point. They are completely irrelevant, disconnected and out of touch with their constituents. They are solely self serving which is not what they are there for. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It would be interesting if our founding fathers could see what's happening today in our current govt., no doubt they would be ashamed.

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I could not imagine having a conversation with any of those old fucks, kinda my point. They are completely irrelevant, disconnected and out of touch with their constituents. They are solely self serving which is not what they are there for. 

The oligarchy has been created, the question is, when will the American people as a whole remove their heads from their asses and right the ship?

Just now, snoughnut said:

It would be interesting if our founding fathers could see what's happening today in our current govt., no doubt they would be ashamed.

The oligarchy has been created, the question is, when will the American people as a whole remove their heads from their asses and right the ship?

I know and all people do is point fingers at the other side. Start by cleaning up your "side" and kick those fuckers out!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

get out of NATO and close bases all over the world . but if I remember you did not want to pull out of NATO 

48 minutes ago, Edmo said:

congress is a far bigger issue than the presidency,  he's a figurehead put the right people in the house and senate idiocy like we have now would not occur.  Clinton had he not let Monica suck his cock would have gone down as one of the greatest because of a better than most congress.  Bush is one of the worst because of a congress that failed to keep him in check.   

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

won't happen. 

nor will imposed term limmits,the cunts will never pass somthing that takes there,power . not sure the president could puss it . doubt it but he could keep bringing it up and pushing for them. it may get the 20 ton ball rolling