Check your account email address ×

2019 BRP Oxygen Helmet

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Seems like that would fog up big time. I just cracked the visor. I am curious about this new helmet tho. Looks like a great idea.

But none of the helmets I have owned compare in quality to that nook made CKX Titan. At least nooks are good at something. :bc: :lol: 

Was to warm to fog and was on tour...otherwise would have just worn my other helmet.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Mine currently has no flapper in it because it was so hot last time I wore it.  Need to remember to put it back in. 

Love the flappers.  😍

41C33DE4-706D-4E09-A4F7-51298900926C.jpeg.fdb646cf1c817321b735c4150c624179.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Someone got it , I still haven’t seen any in stock at dealers places , he posted few pics of the new oxygen helmet. 

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1542189-not-yet-rleased-oxygen-helmet-accessories/#entry22393641

Hopefully picking mine up this week from my dealer. 

Just like skidoo to overcharge their customers for a plastic bucket. I bet I know some guys that will buy them and put arctic cat stickers on em tho! Im gonna stick with my ckx for a couple more seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Already being hailed as the greatest helmet ever all over the internet . Too bad nobody has even worn one yet . Typical .  :bc:

Most expensive = greatest!

Just tried it on and couldn't get my glasses on so I guess I just saved myself $600. I even have the slim flexible "titanium" frames...still no go. Maybe I'll put that money towards Lasik instead

48 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Just tried it on and couldn't get my glasses on so I guess I just saved myself $600. I even have the slim flexible "titanium" frames...still no go. Maybe I'll put that money towards Lasik instead

Contacts.....

49 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I bought a pair of motorcycle glasses for snowmobiling. Heavier duty frames and anti fog lenses so i dont fuck up my everyday pair. 

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

Contacts.....

Hate them for the most part. Always seem uncomfortable and usually a pain in the butt to put in for me. About the only time I use them has been sledding the past couple few years 

14 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I bought a pair of motorcycle glasses for snowmobiling. Heavier duty frames and anti fog lenses so i dont fuck up my everyday pair. 

I thought for sure I'd be able to get my glasses on with this new wiz bang helmet but there a step in the helmet right where the arms of the glasses would go. Funny thing because even the inside of the helmet has a picture of glasses on it in that area. Must be my funky ass head  :lol: 

goonies-sloth-costume_main.thumb.jpeg.2369201241f005dcb61750fce9f2238e.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I thought for sure I'd be able to get my glasses on with this new wiz bang helmet but there a step in the helmet right where the arms of the glasses would go. Funny thing because even the inside of the helmet has a picture of glasses on it in that area. Must be my funky ass head  :lol: 

goonies-sloth-costume_main.thumb.jpeg.2369201241f005dcb61750fce9f2238e.jpeg

Yep, its your big ass head! :lol: 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Hate them for the most part. Always seem uncomfortable and usually a pain in the butt to put in for me. About the only time I use them has been sledding the past couple few years 

I wear them all the time. Only time when I have an issue is I put the in the wrong eye. Talk about instant headache

I wear them all the time. Only time when I have an issue is I put the in the wrong eye. Talk about instant headache

I really wish I could get used to wearing them! I simply hate having to wear glasses all the time now-a-days. I think in my old age hopefully my eyes have settled and can just go get the laser surgery already. 

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I really wish I could get used to wearing them! I simply hate having to wear glasses all the time now-a-days. I think in my old age hopefully my eyes have settled and can just go get the laser surgery already. 

Unless it's changed you will still need to have glasses after lasick. My wife had it done years ago but she has to keep reading glasses handy to be able to read things. Sometimes when we're out to eat she forgets her glasses and I have to read her the menu. :lol:

Unless it's changed you will still need to have glasses after lasick. My wife had it done years ago but she has to keep reading glasses handy to be able to read things. Sometimes when we're out to eat she forgets her glasses and I have to read her the menu. :lol:

I had RK done over 20 years ago and my vision was perfect until I hit 40. Then I had to get bifocals for reading. Now my eyes are shit and my vision changes weekly. :wall:

At my lasts eye exam I inquired a bit about the surgery thinking that it was just for near or far sighted and not both. They told me it's for both now and what they do is put a small lens under the cornea for close up

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I had RK done over 20 years ago and my vision was perfect until I hit 40. Then I had to get bifocals for reading. Now my eyes are shit and my vision changes weekly. :wall:

I knew a guy that had it done about 20 years ago and he would see halos at night when his pupils dilated all the way. Something to do with the way they made the incision I believe. 

Can you have the surgery done again? 

Edited by Skidooski