Check your account email address ×

As much as I dislike most politicians.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

So if the next time you quote a job, you find out that the Company President has been giving you false information, breaks the law to screw you over and has decided that he will only be happy if you lose money, are you going to deal with them?

I'm impressed that Trudeau hasn't copied De Niro. 

:lol:   Jesus dude all Canada has to do is drop some Ag tariffs......that's it.   You are acting as if this is a prelude to war.   

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Jesus dude all Canada has to do is drop some Ag tariffs......that's it.   You are acting as if this is a prelude to war.   

No, we have to scrap our entire Ag system and implement yours along with all your farm subsidies.

:lol:

This is where you get to tell me that paying dairy farmers to dump milk in their fields is a good system.

:lmao:

36 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

So if the next time you quote a job, you find out that the Company President has been giving you false information, breaks the law to screw you over and has decided that he will only be happy if you lose money, are you going to deal with them?

I'm impressed that Trudeau hasn't copied De Niro. 

I don't deal with CEOs.  Usually just engineers who like my offerings.

Next.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't deal with CEOs.  Usually just engineers who like my offerings.

Next.

If you deal with an engineer who changes the goal posts, lies to you and makes it clear that he'll only be happy if you lose money on a job  and then claims the the job you did is dangerous to his employees and illegally knocks 20% off your payment, are you going to deal with him again?

10 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

No, we have to scrap our entire Ag system and implement yours along with all your farm subsidies.

This is where you get to tell me that paying dairy farmers to dump milk in their fields is a good system.

Entire Ag System?   :lol:   I thought only parts were on Supply Management.  Is your "system" adding 270+% to the selling price to Canadian's?  

If your "system" can be competitive with ours then you shouldn't have to scrap anything.

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If you deal with an engineer who changes the goal posts, lies to you and makes it clear that he'll only be happy if you lose money on a job  and then claims the the job you did is dangerous to his employees and illegally knocks 20% off your payment, are you going to deal with him again?

We are paid 90% before ever showing up to site, plus if they don't pay they don't run.:lol:

Not selling fucking widgets.:lol:

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Entire Ag System?   :lol:   I thought only parts were on Supply Management.  Is your "system" adding 270+% to the selling price to Canadian's?  

If your "system" can be competitive with ours then you shouldn't have to scrap anything.

We’d have to trash our entire poultry / eggs and dairy sectors.

Our system is stable and pays for itself.  It’s not meant to be competitive on the world market.  It’s meant to provide a stable, food source for our population at a reasonable price without market upheaval.

Your system isn't stable and is heavily subsidized.  We don’t want any part of it, and that’s why it was negotiated as such 25 years ago in our NAFTA agreement.

10 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

We’d have to trash our entire poultry / eggs and dairy sectors.

Our system is stable and pays for itself.  It’s not meant to be competitive on the world market.  It’s meant to provide a stable, food source for our population at a reasonable price without market upheaval.

Your system isn't stable and is heavily subsidized.  We don’t want any part of it, and that’s why it was negotiated as such 25 years ago in our NAFTA agreement.

Yada yada yada, then expect some equal tariffs and quit bitching about it.

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

lol FAIL

So you support massive farm subsidies?

Not in the slightest and if you paid attention on here you would know that.   I support them no more than I support the Canadian system of quota's.   Its not free market.  Its govt picking winners.   Whether taxes to pay for subsidies or the 1.5 to 3x's the cost to consumers (Canada) that supply management adds its all bullshit.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Not in the slightest and if you paid attention on here you would know that.   I support them no more than I support the Canadian system of quota's.   Its not free market.  Its govt picking winners.   

Well why don’t you guys fix your broken system before trying to get us to join it?

Besides, having a stable and dependable food source to feed our population is a national security issue.

:news:

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Well why don’t you guys fix your broken system before trying to get us to join it?

Besides, having a stable and dependable food source to feed our population is a national security issue.

:news:

Well I guess we will see who "wins."   Your GDP is about 8% of ours.   Take note of what the Seattle City Counsel did because you guys will be caving in soon in some way or another as well.

Funny, our subsidies for the most part are paid by the wealthy while yours are paid for by everyday consumers in higher prices.

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not in the slightest and if you paid attention on here you would know that.   I support them no more than I support the Canadian system of quota's.   Its not free market.  Its govt picking winners.   Whether taxes to pay for subsidies or the 1.5 to 3x's the cost to consumers (Canada) that supply management adds its all bullshit.  

You wanna play you gotta pay Pizzo.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Well I guess we will see who "wins."   Your GDP is about 8% of ours.   Take note of what the Seattle City Counsel did because you guys will be caving in soon in some way or another as well.

Funny, our subsidies for the most part are paid by the wealthy while yours are paid for by everyday consumers in higher prices.

Right and we’re all fine with that.  If you didn’t pay subsidies to your farmers to dump their milk in the fields, then they’d all lose their farms.

Great fucking system.  Where do we sign up?

15 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I have to give credit to politicians all over Canada from every party who stand behind Trudeau against Trumps bullshit.

It's impressive the they didn't try to make cheap political points going after Trudeau. 

LMAO :lmao:

You're such a clueless fuck stain

19 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Right and we’re all fine with that.  If you didn’t pay subsidies to your farmers to dump their milk in the fields, then they’d all lose their farms.

Great fucking system.  Where do we sign up?

Paid to dump milk. :lol:   

1.  They weren't technically all paid to dump it.

2.  What was dumped amounted to 2 tenths of 1% of total production.  :lol:  

Without question subsidies lead to overproduction.   That's why we need to eliminate them or find more markets......like Canada.  :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Paid to dump milk. :lol:   

1.  They weren't technically all paid to dump it.

2.  What was dumped amounted to 2 tenths of 1% of total production.  :lol:  

Without question subsidies lead to overproduction.   That's why we need to eliminate them or find more markets......like Canada.  :thumbsup:

$22 billion in subsidies in 2015

Great system

13 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

$22 billion in subsidies in 2015

Great system

I want them gone but considering the size of our economy and govt spending $20 billion is quite small.  Still we should weed them out.  

Face it your system is much more impactful to lower income people than ours.  People who don't pay federal income taxes aren't paying for the farm bill.   That's almost 50% of our population.  Yours effects everyone that isn't on food programs.  

What's also missed in our farm subsidies is the amount of land taken out of crop production that benefits wildlife.   IMHO its the only type of farm subsidy that should even remotely be considered because of the secondary value it adds.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I want them gone but considering the size of our economy and govt spending $20 billion is quite small.  Still we should weed them out.  

Face it your system is much more impactful to lower income people than ours.  People who don't pay federal income taxes aren't paying for the farm bill.   That's almost 50% of our population.  Yours effects everyone that isn't on food programs.  

What's also missed in our farm subsidies is the amount of land taken out of crop production that benefits wildlife.   IMHO its the only type of farm subsidy that should even remotely be considered because of the secondary value it adds.  

Now Trump is concerned about our poor people?

:lol2:

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Now Trump is concerned about our poor people?

:lol2:

Where did I say that or make that assumption about Trump?   I'm just making a logical connection.   Your subsidies are like a sales tax that impacts all consumers with higher prices.   Ours lowers them for consumers.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Where did I say that or make that assumption about Trump?   I'm just making a logical connection.   Your subsidies are like a sales tax that impacts all consumers with higher prices.   Ours lowers them for consumers.

We don’t have subsidies on dairy, that’s you.

12 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

We don’t have subsidies on dairy, that’s you.

Dude, when govt controls production to raise prices its basically the same thing.  Do you deny the "quota's" raise prices?   From what I've read at least 150% to 300%.  (1.5 to 3x's)

Both our version and yours are robbing Peter to pay Paul.   In your case Peter just so happens to be more people including those in lower income groups.  Yours is not unlike our CRP which is a subsidy.  

Lets keep in mind many of our crop programs farmers PAY TO BE IN.  

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude, when govt controls production to raise prices its basically the same thing.  Do you deny the "quota's" raise prices?   From what I've read at least 150% to 300%.  (1.5 to 3x's)

Both our version and yours are robbing Peter to pay Paul.   In your case Peter just so happens to be more people including those in lower income groups.  Yours is not unlike our CRP which is a subsidy.  

Lets keep in mind many of our crop programs farmers PAY TO BE IN.  

Taxpayer money does not flow to farmers in our system.  In yours it does.  Our dairy farms are not subsidized.  Production is controlled and therefore, price is as well so that farmers can produce and be paid a fair price above their cost of production.