Check your account email address ×

As much as I dislike most politicians.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Taxpayer money does not flow to farmers in our system.  In yours it does.  Our dairy farms are not subsidized.  Production is controlled and therefore, price is as well so that farmers can produce and be paid a fair price above their cost of production.

Dude price controls raising prices is very similar.   Just changes who it comes from.   I'm not surprised your not willing to admit this. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Dude price controls raising prices is very similar.   Just changes who it comes from.   I'm not surprised your not willing to admit this. 

*facepalm*

It’s not the same.

Our system is self sustaining, stable and free of government money to keep it afloat.

We implemented it because we HAD a system like yours and it was unstable and led to overproduction and instability.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ICEMAN! said:

*facepalm*

It’s not the same.

Our system is self sustaining, stable and free of government money to keep it afloat.

We implemented it because we HAD a system like yours and it was unstable and led to overproduction and instability.

Its government interference just like ours.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Its government interference just like ours.   

It’s regulated production, just like a regulated banking system.  It’s put in place so and unregulated greedy marketplace doesn’t fuck it all up and force the government to intervene to prevent a catastrophe.

both artificially prop up the industry rather than letting it live and die on it's merits.  for the farmer the Canadian system is overall better i would guess but for the consumer you either pay it at the till or in taxes and when 50% pay no taxes guess paying it that ways better for most.  

6 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

We’d have to trash our entire poultry / eggs and dairy sectors.

Our system is stable and pays for itself.  It’s not meant to be competitive on the world market.  It’s meant to provide a stable, food source for our population at a reasonable price without market upheaval.

Your system isn't stable and is heavily subsidized.  We don’t want any part of it, and that’s why it was negotiated as such 25 years ago in our NAFTA agreement.

An intelligent person would argue that providing a stable and safe food industry is an important part of national security. 

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well I guess we will see who "wins."   Your GDP is about 8% of ours.   Take note of what the Seattle City Counsel did because you guys will be caving in soon in some way or another as well.

Funny, our subsidies for the most part are paid by the wealthy while yours are paid for by everyday consumers in higher prices.

The only reason Trump is doing this is because factory farms bribed him to get us to open our market so they could destroy our farming industry. 

Fuck Trump.

I watched an interview with the Canadian and American agriculture gov peeps .. a couple interesting points were that the Americans have lobbied to get Quotas in place just like the Canadian system .. another is that 10% of our dairy products already come from the US

.. the problem is overproduction by massive corp or factory farms in the states that have forced out the ma and pa dairy farms .

Even if your excess milk was dumped in Canada it would decimate our system

• Like 1