Check your account email address ×

McCabe is trying to get immunity in exchange for rolling over on Hillary

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Again....depends where you live.   Most people in my area still don't lock their doors at night. 

that's how my area is also.. I never take my keys out of my truck.. drives my wife nuts lol

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again....depends where you live.   Most people in my area still don't lock their doors at night. 

Same here.  Our local news is more of a "community what's happening" thing.  I remember what big city news was like tho......cess pool horseshit I'll never deal with again.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Same here.  Our local news is more of a "community what's happening" thing.  I remember what big city news was like tho......cess pool horseshit I'll never deal with again.

Our local paper weekly police report is sometimes only speeding tickets.  :lol:  

The vast, vast majority of crimes are self inflicted and rarely have a victim.  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Our local paper weekly police report is sometimes only speeding tickets.  :lol:  

The vast, vast majority of crimes are self inflicted and rarely have a victim.  

We've got a few more issues because we're a bit larger but we still maintain a real small-town atmosphere though.  As a big tourist area, the goal has to be safety so..the locals do a pretty good job of rounding the clowns up and shipping them off to wherever they need to go.  There are usually outstanding warrants for them in Chicago.  You know..."Sanctuary".  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

We've got a few more issues because we're a bit larger but we still maintain a real small-town atmosphere though.  As a big tourist area, the goal has to be safety so..the locals do a pretty good job of rounding the clowns up and shipping them off to wherever they need to go.  There are usually outstanding warrants for them in Chicago.  You know..."Sanctuary".  :lol:

The "bigger" communities around me have seen an uptick in crime.   Happened when people from surrounding states found the wait time and easy of getting section 8 housing here compared to say Chicago.  My oldest is still dating the girl from Chicago and she loves Iowa as a comparison and one reason is crime.  WSJ even did an article on it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424053111903520204576480542593887906

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The "bigger" communities around me have seen an uptick in crime.   Happened when people from surrounding states found the wait time and easy of getting section 8 housing here compared to say Chicago.  My oldest is still dating the girl from Chicago and she loves Iowa as a comparison and one reason is crime.  WSJ even did an article on it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424053111903520204576480542593887906

Good article.  (I pasted it below for those that can't log-in to the WSJ).  I like how municipalities are fighting back and HUD is trying to push them into civil rights violations.

That's where Duluth's problems are too.  Drawing the undesirables in with ease of government bennies and Section 8 housing.  It's handed out like candy here and the tables are starting to turn on the liberals in charge of the candy jar.  Our mayor is pushing for tax increases for "more affordable housing".  She's failing...at the state level too.  Enough already.  Our crime is coming from Chicago, Detroit and these other shitholes being drawn in by easy G'ment tit money.

Section 8 rental subsidies have long been one of the most controversial federal social programs. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under the Obama administration is making a troubled program worse.

In the 1990s, the feds were embarrassed by skyrocketing crime rates in public housing—up to 10 times the national average, according to HUD studies and many newspaper reports. The government's response was to hand out vouchers to residents of the projects (authorized under Section 8 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974), dispersing them to safer and more upscale locales.

But the dispersal of public housing residents to quieter neighborhoods has failed to weed out the criminal element that made life miserable for most residents of the projects. "Homicide was simply moved to a new location, not eliminated," concluded University of Louisville criminologist Geetha Suresh in a 2009 article in Homicide Studies. In Louisville, Memphis, and other cities, violent crime skyrocketed in neighborhoods where Section 8 recipients resettled.

After a four-year investigation, the Indianapolis Housing Authority (IHA) in 2006 linked 80% of criminal homicides in Marion County, Ind., to individuals fraudulently obtaining federal assistance "in either the public housing program or the Section 8 program administered by the agency." The IHA released an update last month citing recent crackdowns on a "nationwide criminal motorcycle gang operating out of a Section 8 home." It also noted one "attorney who allegedly operated a law practice from a Section 8 home for eight years, providing shelter to unauthorized occupants who were linked to 10 homicides, 431 police calls and 394 criminal arrests during that time period."

Dubuque, Iowa, is struggling with an influx of Section 8 recipients from Chicago housing projects. Section 8 concentrations account for 11 of 13 local violent crime hot spots, according to a study by the Northern Illinois University Center for Governmental Studies. Though Section 8 residents account for only 5% of the local population, a 2010 report released by the city government found that more than 20% of arrestees resided at Section 8 addresses.

Dubuque's city government responded by trimming the size of the local Section 8 program. HUD retaliated by launching a "civil rights compliance review" of the program (final results pending).

HUD seems far more enthusiastic about cracking down on localities than on troublesome Section 8 recipients who make life miserable for the rest of the community. And because Section 8 recipients in some areas are mostly black or Latino, almost any enforcement effort can be denounced as discriminatory.

HUD launched an investigation of the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority in 2009 after an Ohio attorney accused the authority of racially discriminatory Section 8 policies such as "eviction for offenses such as loud music." In June of this year, the authority signed a conciliation agreement with HUD, pledging to cease penalizing Section 8 recipients for nuisance offenses. Policing tenant behavior was the job of police and landlords but "an ineffective use of resources" by the housing authority that "could lead to inappropriate program terminations," HUD spokeswoman Laura Feldman told the Cincinnati Enquirer.

After the city of Antioch, Calif., formed a Community Action Team to assist the Contra Costa County Housing Authority in curbing violence and other problems in subsidized housing, the Bay Area Legal Aid sued the local police department in 2008, claiming it was guilty of racial discrimination because of an allegedly "concerted and unlawful campaign to seek evidence which could lead to the termination of participants' Section 8 voucher benefits." (The case is ongoing.)

Nevertheless, middle-class blacks are the program's least inhibited critics. Sheldon Carter of Antelope Valley, Calif., testified at a recent public hearing on local Section 8 controversies: "This is not a racial issue. It is a color issue. The color is green and it's my dollars." Shirlee Bolds told Iowa's Dubuque Telegraph Herald in 2009: "I moved away from the city to get away from all this crap. Dubuque's getting rough. I think it's turning into a little Chicago, like they're bringing the street rep here."

Remarkably, HUD seems bent on creating a new civil right—the right to raise hell in subsidized housing in nice neighborhoods. Earlier this year, the agency decreed that Section 8 tenants (as well as other renters) who are evicted because of domestic violence incidents may sue for discrimination under the Fair Housing Act because women are "the overwhelming majority of domestic violence victims." In essence, this gives troublesome tenants a federal trump card to play against landlords who seek to preserve the peace and protect other renters.

In June, HUD encouraged local housing agencies to permit ex-convicts (except for the most extreme sex offenders or individuals caught manufacturing methamphetamine "on the premises of federally assisted housing") to move in with relatives in Section 8 or public housing after exiting prison. The Virginian-Pilot condemned the new policy last week, noting that "it's unwise to allow people with a history of violence into public housing developments designed for the elderly and disabled residents."

The Obama administration is now launching a pilot program giving local housing authorities wide discretion to pay higher rent subsidies to allow Section 8 beneficiaries to move into even more affluent zip codes. Hasn't this program helped wreck enough neighborhoods?

Reality is drugs follow poverty.   Not sure why that is but its true in America whether you are talking inner city projects or white trailer trash rural areas.  

Where there are high amounts of drugs and people that can't afford them you will find high amounts of crime.

I'm over the war on drugs.   Give them out for free or "at cost" for all I care.   We just shouldn't pay for your treatment.  

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is drugs follow poverty.   Not sure why that is but its true in America whether you are talking inner city projects or white trailer trash rural areas.  

Where there are high amounts of drugs and people that can't afford them you will find high amounts of crime.

I'm over the war on drugs.   Give them out for free or "at cost" for all I care.   We just shouldn't pay for your treatment.  

I'd consider agreement on the first....but I think we're gonna have to pay for treatment.  I don't see how it can be done otherwise.  Our health and mental health facilities are already over tasked and while they claim "underfunded" I don't see throwing more money at it doing more than inviting more "customers" for them.

At a certian point, the taboo phrase of "Social Darwinism" comes into play.  It is what it is.  People can play stupid games and win stupid prizes.  I just don't want to be forced to buy those prizes back at exponentially higher costs.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'd consider agreement on the first....but I think we're gonna have to pay for treatment.  I don't see how it can be done otherwise.  Our health and mental health facilities are already over tasked and while they claim "underfunded" I don't see throwing more money at it doing more than inviting more "customers" for them.

At a certian point, the taboo phrase of "Social Darwinism" comes into play.  It is what it is.  People can play stupid games and win stupid prizes.  I just don't want to be forced to buy those prizes back at exponentially higher costs.

Treatment to a point.   I'm not really sure the addiction levels would go up that much considering the availability of drugs today anyway.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The war on drugs isnt about keeping drugs off the streets so its a YUGE waste of tax dollars, resources and human life. If people want to use drugs they are going to get them, but its a self inflicted crime. The production, distribution and laundering of the drugs and revenues from them are the crimes that affect us all. All prohibition did was give rise to the modern day Mafia. If funds crime, thats all it does. It does not keep drugs off the streets. And now, local and federal police are actually allowing the drugs to enter so they can "confiscate" the money on the way out because  "they" get to keep it. That is wrong on so many levels. 

And saying that making drugs legal or decriminalizing them is going to make more users is bogus. Cigarettes being legal does not create more smokers. Smoking is trending down. Alcohol being legal does not make more alcoholics. Both of which cause more deaths per year than illegal drugs. If heroin becomes illegal are you going to try it? fuck no, because you know what it is. People should be allowed to poison themselves if they want, as fucked up as that sounds. At least then there will be liability on the end of the provider of those narcotics. Now there is none. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Was the Russian government involved in any way with the trump tower meeting?

we're they involved with the ur1 deal and the huge payments to the Clinton  crook syndicate family .

I know I know that is different 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not true anymore. Many affluent are addicted today.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Not true anymore. Many affluent are addicted today.

Difference is crime don't follow that group nearly the extent it does to the poor.  Poor commit crimes to get drugs.   Affluent can afford it....at least for a while.  

2 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

The war on drugs isnt about keeping drugs off the streets so its a YUGE waste of tax dollars, resources and human life. If people want to use drugs they are going to get them, but its a self inflicted crime. The production, distribution and laundering of the drugs and revenues from them are the crimes that affect us all. All prohibition did was give rise to the modern day Mafia. If funds crime, thats all it does. It does not keep drugs off the streets. And now, local and federal police are actually allowing the drugs to enter so they can "confiscate" the money on the way out because  "they" get to keep it. That is wrong on so many levels. 

And saying that making drugs legal or decriminalizing them is going to make more users is bogus. Cigarettes being legal does not create more smokers. Smoking is trending down. Alcohol being legal does not make more alcoholics. Both of which cause more deaths per year than illegal drugs. If heroin becomes illegal are you going to try it? fuck no, because you know what it is. People should be allowed to poison themselves if they want, as fucked up as that sounds. At least then there will be liability on the end of the provider of those narcotics. Now there is none. 

Agree and pretty much what I'm saying in my posts.

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

OK yeah, you have a point. I'm on the edge of big cities, so we get the carry-over of the fucktards.