Check your account email address ×

Minnesota Archdiocese Reaches $210 Million Settlement With 450 Clergy Abuse Victims

• Platinum Contributing Member

The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has reached a $210 million settlement agreement with 450 victims of clergy sexual abuse as part of a bankruptcy reorganization, officials announced Thursday.

At $210,290,724, it is estimated to be the second-largest payout by the Catholic church in the U.S., according to the Associated Press. It comes after nearly four years of bankruptcy proceedings and negotiations.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

All the Scandinavian people I know are Lutherans...

The more mainland European descendants tend to be Catholic.  

Yep. Pollack, french, eyetalian and Irish faggots.

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

None of them are saints but other denominations don't allow their clergy to sexualy abuse their children for decades.

Yes, they do. 

Do a little research  

None of them are saints but other denominations don't allow their clergy to sexualy abuse their children for decades.

That’s as naive as saying only democratic candidates have sex scandals or only republican candidates are corrupt. 

Edited by revkevsdi

It was a common practice that was engrained into the religion for hundreds of years all around the world. The Vatican covered up and protected alot of the offenders. I can't look at a priest now without wondering how many boys he has violated. Great religion. 

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yes, they do. 

Do a little research  

If it was as at the same rate as Catholics I wouldn't have to look it up. I would have heard about it monthly for the last 20 yrs.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If it was as at the same rate as Catholics I wouldn't have to look it up. I would have heard about it monthly for the last 20 yrs.

You keep telling yourself that. 

12 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

It was a common practice that was engrained into the religion for hundreds of years all around the world. The Vatican covered up and protected alot of the offenders. I can't look at a priest now without wondering how many boys he has violated. Great religion. 

Sure and maybe since Protestant’s are just and offshoot of the Catholic faith, that’s why they do it to.  And since football is like a religion, that’s why football coaches get away with it.  And since hockey is like s religion in Canada, that’s why some hockey coaches...... gymnastic coaches,    Teachers .......

sick fuckers are going to gravitate to the places they can find victims. 

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Pretty hard to respect your opinion on anything when your answer is. “I beleive this because I haven’t heard anything different. “

See it how you may. Maybe the media just hates catholics and dosnt report on other denominations as much. Ya think that's it? Or do ya think maybe it happens more with Catholics?

BTW , are you Catholic?

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Sure and maybe since Protestant’s are just and offshoot of the Catholic faith, that’s why they do it to.  And since football is like a religion, that’s why football coaches get away with it.  And since hockey is like s religion in Canada, that’s why some hockey coaches...... gymnastic coaches,    Teachers .......

sick fuckers are going to gravitate to the places they can find victims. 

Child molestation is not systematically practiced and defended by protestants or football, hockey and gymnastic programs. It is by the Vatican and has been for hundreds of years. Does it happen? Yes. But it's not a fundamental practice of those other programs like it is by the Vatican. The Vatican is an international child sex club. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

See it how you may. Maybe the media just hates catholics and dosnt report on other denominations as much. Ya think that's it? Or do ya think maybe it happens more with Catholics?

BTW , are you Catholic?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/740853

Not Catholic. I just have more common sense than a Republican 

I might be Anglican because my parents baptized me to make their parents happy. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Child molestation is not systematically practiced and defended by protestants or football, hockey and gymnastic programs. It is by the Vatican and has been for hundreds of years. Does it happen? Yes. But it's not a fundamental practice of those other programs like it is by the Vatican. The Vatican is an international child sex club. 

You are an idiot.