Check your account email address ×

Interesting weekend.

So we were bringing our camper up north for the long weekend and the rear end in my truck puked an axle. According to the dealer a bolt backed out and wiped out the housing. Happened in Franconia notch so we at least got to enjoy a nice dinner with a killer view.

7qIK4krtXMlCpJI94qQdP2fiu3oGqg6pjAQUZBJTV-j36Gam6tjTvFmYUzG_4sK_lAxtN9q6tz2j4lYniefog2-nPSqhM5arxdwh2CwvaO0pJEN9RV3PGrWy3DK7bP6PzsPfj3NjsMRMjlIZTj0he5tbU9Dtlwdf99D_I6SPwhGcugPGuSAUe0SvKfcHlHTxCpGl2xscWKczJe_dRH6v6RqIBTzXAgDtg0AFISr68azLjja-SswONTVdDU3sPaJU1KFBJ2pRo8o7V3L0mIUF6Mjy44IcJJzkFiQZWAIQoSCOfUwVMhFPUOalMbopBHCqVxrrt4rGLpxTp7nxH8ei3ZgGgIHcuskDlv1UJEGNLBj2ddd9h40XZDsR1Pk-iQXKtUtmXtKwovQUR_-21by6tXQRjUi3oCQxwUJNGXV1_Rm4mM5_cy_N8nhzxWJ3XwgpP9tJuKYmZB5b3EEvF1blagSve6CEtOE8agaF6NFZdA0NTTxQv02_eIVlgujRLQPhEMlRAvslQ7XKfLUTwKxh3xA3nRafpmPPxNgFLkGQ5tOlOakDSO3VcXxJqI7B9J0kIssb7aohua7NTPWGikdSwrXq0kW9MG3FI69nlUcZ=w2041-h1530-no

Ended up parked right at the Boise rock turn off with this view. 

149HO4q9VIG8BXeviQb0pBmO4kYE7jGNMhHkWYORfCgD6Tvg07K9e3okZYcTxOYgtkcyZ6H1jC2-Ytgv8w1ig0UW6SjV2dIVJyZp2BsLAPDK1E2HGRzevIQZ7US4ft2JaL1qHJQ9CssZKvmTOH7qvPZ2qJwtWX0sx56eydyxGDjbiDe8WEjHKMNttIuQKPt0rBl_Tw2bQkaO9CJDzjaBZ3dkv8I_iZc3oR4K-ABcDA9lt8f4MXOwqVkQ4rIQ87CiVdaEOJvxubj45GUWhfn9eeeDmu5-vtJFKpWLKp9x-P_ps91Vm1NZJ0T-_RJt8c2iR10IFMU4SKCZyvPmxOLWBfdrX11-sSxP9EAclpfr5DAJZgXHwQCNXwiQItJTwD32BuDWSpzfCHirgzaVOz8a9QmkQIKNBemGrVlos38Iu-2plLWxtdRE-C0ljSlxgLgjBRENGj_YQaEgrkUrU2pHPzhZedSDnDGM5mVSZi3CLgB-kO0c_OpBJ4sE7M2ryPo3Zsbb_R0fpskVdjxaoHHT5KQXNm5eapQvvtYz4wp7IfqbsQjqvE1jiSYb08IIZ_cXCUYefczLiEbodCu1xCQEmov8QwoyA0KwD-F1IPFu=w2041-h1530-no

Luckily my brother was able to grab my trailer and get it the rest of the way for me.

qClG1wOlrfI3xgROwM1laDAiuVQyBKZRn4bnYea6g4KcROSk0EuM7mUICiYooaW79FVF5cUM8jXwcMLPSH9HmytIYU1-2avZo4GGX3u7NaRta9hNaL-T1l__Q5m838Yg-XI9tc_b2DWfRmX6_fEahoTg_sYZfEAG8IR5GfFTPkp8eXX4xkXTL3rGjtDWB6fXME6J0h_eUTGEXyu6XMN3izLbBu_-3MdFHZQKxKZTG-CzAEEAKbod4_ZSrxJsksGXUq-a5Pg5UB_Fz5tSCZDdeWIOZnGE_jAd6uLcijpA8Hm935NK3G-pwCk_69gHG12UHT0QkHALTea27RVaqQGsgZ0DbMixJhHYWG9tiRkcCGZj1z4HGdeQgAiGI1HMsA7Xjc0o_mjwSgq6u01zQ-DpiesxnRm1xFXlkrBsovGofmp9Clx-LLB4oXuaTySzbDPciHjiGZ2bmrT2d6scVIA-ZG88RRaTfud_Ohx63IQDjwB8sLWritxZNY5PehSsZ0Qr-pOSgF5gp81VxlqeOcZmmdU8N3Xe479vi74MfmqJv4Ux_3nkcTPnXiDpsq6te3um01hGcn3E8Q4BOdpRfScEbCrNeD8tA-x53FvT4Aux=w2041-h1530-no

After all that the atv trails never opened around camp for opening weekend... Too wet. 

It’s just a truck. If it were winter it’d have been a different story. But having a fully stocked kitchen we made the best of it. My old lady thought I would pop a gasket... lol nope.   

It really is a beautiful area. Take a spin up Jefferson notch rd right behind the hotel when you come up. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JEFF said:

It’s just a truck. If it were winter it’d have been a different story. But having a fully stocked kitchen we made the best of it. My old lady thought I would pop a gasket... lol nope.   

It really is a beautiful area. Take a spin up Jefferson notch rd right behind the hotel when you come up. 

You got a good attitude. I know some guys that would absolutely lose their shit if that happened. Good for you. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Sucks about the truck, but that is a beautiful area.  We're headed to Mt Washington omni hotel for a company event in a couple weeks, looking forward to it. :bc: 

You've been there before right?  Its a really cool place. Be sure and go to the room where the Bretton Woods Conference convened and the IMF was ratified. Its very surreal. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

That is a nice area. I was up there a couple weeks ago.

Ive climbed Mt Washington up through the great gulf. Also been on top of Madison, Adams and Jefferson. All in the middle of winter. Snow shoes, full packs. It was fantastic. If I tried it today it would be ugly for me. I wouldn't be able to make it out of Pinkham notch lol.

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You got a good attitude. I know some guys that would absolutely lose their shit if that happened. Good for you. 

Younger me probably would have as well. But barring an emergency situation, take in what's around you and make the best of it.. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, JEFF said:

Younger me probably would have as well. But barring an emergency situation, take in what's around you and make the best of it.. :bc:

Yep to come unglued over something ya cant change is a waste of time and energy.