Check your account email address ×

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s use of informant in Trump campaign was proper

Gowdy isn't buying Trump's bullshit.

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s use of informant in Trump campaign was proper

Published: May 29, 2018 10:11 p.m. ET

Rep. Trey Gowdy said Tuesday night that the FBI acted properly in its use of an informant in President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.

The South Carolina Republican’s comments came in stark contrast to Trump’s public assertions, lacking any basis in facts, that the FBI planted “spies” in his campaign as a politically motivated dirty trick.

Speaking on Fox News’ “The Story,” the South Carolina Republican said last week’s classified briefing by the Justice Department convinced him even more that federal investigators were doing their job.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump.”

Rep. Trey Gowdy

Gowdy said the classified report showed that the FBI was investigating reports of election-meddling by Russia, and attempts by Russians to infiltrate Trump’s campaign.

“It looks to me like the FBI was doing what President Trump said: ‘I want you to do, find it out,’” Gowdy said. “President Trump himself in the Comey memos said, ‘If anyone connected with my campaign was working with Russia, I want you to investigate it.’ Sounds to me like that was exactly what the FBI did.”

Gowdy, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, also said the FBI director and deputy attorney general told lawmakers that Trump was not the target of the investigation.

“Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein have at least made it clear to us Donald Trump was never the target of the investigation, he’s not the current target of the investigation. Now, keep in mind, that can all change depending on what a witness says, but as of now, I think Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein are stunned whenever people think Trump is the target of their investigation,” Gowdy said.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trey-gowdy-fbis-use-of-informant-in-trump-campaign-was-proper-2018-05-29

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Trump tweets lies, they fall for it

Repeat

"if you like your dr you can keep your dr"

Tell us what part of this isn't a lie?

9 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Nice to see you have recognized  that HE LIED.

They all LIE

I guess the difference is that everything Trump says is a lie to deflect from his criminality and to discredit the probe that’s investigating him.

11 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

• the vast majority of people could, and did
  • at the time that was said there was also a "grandfather clause" in place on existing policies
  • people's insurance policies changed frequently, often changing doctors and coverage, even before obamacare
  • this is a very poor example of a lie 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:
  • the vast majority of people could, and did
  • at the time that was said there was also a "grandfather clause" in place on existing policies
  • people's insurance policies changed frequently, often changing doctors and coverage, even before obamacare
  • this is a very poor example of a lie 

of course it is..

Hack

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

I guess the difference is that everything Trump says is a lie to deflect from his criminality and to discredit the probe that’s investigating him.

do you have a link to this shit?

"Mr president, how did you find out about mrs Clintons emails"

" I heard it on TV just like everyone else" LIE

Defend this you fucking hacks

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Obama lies over 8 years add up to about a day's worth of trumps. :lol:

its all good for the Kenyan.. no matter what

24 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Obama lied about a part of a new health care plan.

Trump not only lied about part of his plan, he lied about having at plan at all.

Trump the outsider was supposed to be different, he is MORE of the same when it comes to lies.

Edited by 1jkw

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Obama lied about a part of a new health care plan.

Trump not only lied about part of his plan, he lied about having at plan at all.

Trump the outsider was supposed to be different, he is MORE of the same when it comes to lies.

much, much, much, much, much more....

• Platinum Contributing Member

As stated before it comes down to the details of what the FBI was doing with the informant.

My question is this.   Why not inform Trump of the plan to try and catch the Russian's?  If it was only about meddling they could have helped or worked together.  We've heard over and over again how they were doing it to protect Trump.   Well if you are doing something to protect me I'd like to know.  

Carter Page has stated years ago the FBI came to him and warned him that the Russian's were trying to recruit him.  I would assume this is quite common.  

“Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein have at least made it clear to us Donald Trump was never the target of the investigation, he’s not the current target of the investigation. Now, keep in mind, that can all change depending on what a witness says, but as of now, I think Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein are stunned whenever people think Trump is the target of their investigation,” Gowdy said.

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

As stated before it comes down to the details of what the FBI was doing with the informant.

My question is this.   Why not inform Trump of the plan to try and catch the Russian's?  If it was only about meddling they could have helped or worked together.  We've heard over and over again how they were doing it to protect Trump.   Well if you are doing something to protect me I'd like to know.  

Carter Page has stated years ago the FBI came to him and warned him that the Russian's were trying to recruit him.  I would assume this is quite common.  

:lol: