Check your account email address ×

Amazon and auto tires.

Plus Bezos is hooking up with fast eddy from what is left of Sears to do the installs.    Fast eddy wants to keep the Die Hard , Road Handler, Kenmore , Craftsman names for himself and away from the dembanksters  creditors.

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

And get them installed at a Sears Auto Center

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/09/news/companies/amazon-sears-tires/index.html

Local sears store closed its doors a few years ago. I use the local Fleet Farm. They do a better job than the local tire shops. It’s getting hard to find a tire shop that handles custom wheels with care. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Local sears store closed its doors a few years ago. I use the local Fleet Farm. They do a better job than the local tire shops. It’s getting hard to find a tire shop that handles custom wheels with care. 

Yeah I love it when the fucks use the crimp on weights on the outside of some nice wheels. Classy AF.

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Same here....

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Well when essentially 100% of buyers shop on price alone, you're gonna get lousy service.  :bc:  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Like 4 years ago had a local tire store (Dunn tire) ruin all 4 rims on my Ram putting the tires on, fucks never said anything about it, I pay my bill and go check out the new sneakers on my truck. Blew a fucking gasket to say the least. They had some rookie mounting, gouged the shit out of all 4. Cost them $2400 in rims and I got $1200 in tires for free.. Not a good day for them.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wheels I'll buy online.....tires I'll leave to my local guy.   The few bucks saved doesn't pay out in the end because they rotate for free for the life of the tire.  

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Cheaper than tire rack. Who’d have ever guessed? 

Good to know.  Although, I've never thought Tire Rack to be all that great on prices.  Usually, my local shops can match or beat them.

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah I love it when the fucks use the crimp on weights on the outside of some nice wheels. Classy AF.

Had some real nice wheels blasted and powdercoated black years back.  Brought them to get the tires mounted and YUP!  I guess I just figured they'd know to use only inside weights.  They used both!  Fucking idiots!  They paid for the touch ups but I could still see them.  I akin these "technicians" to the same ones doing the new sled PDI's.  :wall:

18 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Bourgeoisie don't use no stinking stick on weights you proletariat scum :guzzle: 

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

Plus Bezos is hooking up with fast eddy from what is left of Sears to do the installs.    Fast eddy wants to keep the Die Hard , Road Handler, Kenmore , Craftsman names for himself and away from the dembanksters  creditors.

They sold craftsman tools a couple years ago. Kenmore and die hard are very valuable as well.

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Like 4 years ago had a local tire store (Dunn tire) ruin all 4 rims on my Ram putting the tires on, fucks never said anything about it, I pay my bill and go check out the new sneakers on my truck. Blew a fucking gasket to say the least. They had some rookie mounting, gouged the shit out of all 4. Cost them $2400 in rims and I got $1200 in tires for free.. Not a good day for them.

A local tire shop damaged a Breyton German wheel that came right out of the box. $700 later and a lot of bitching from me they ordered a new wheel.