Check your account email address ×

Climate change “not as bad as they thought”

21 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why do you equate predictions/models to knowledge?  You understand that they are not the same, correct?

Neal

I’ve been talking about predictions not models. Side note most predctions have been based off the flawed models. So while they are different they are connected 

15 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Pruitt is a moron. That being said, some of his comments were taken out of context. I still don’t agree with those comments, but it was not as literal as fuck science. 

Why is Pruitt a moron?

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No ....the issue is that there is zero consensus on what the impact will be. So to call it settled science is fucking retarded. Anyone with a brain can understand that the earth is warming and has been for thousands of years.....also anyone with a brain can understand man is having some impact. Its the degree of that impact that is up for debate. 

We’ve spent a lot of money on this issue. Money that could have been spent on a lot of things that wouldhave benefited man. 

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That’s exactly what I am saying. There are two arguments. Does man have an impact on climate, and what is the scope of that impact. It is settled that man has an impact. It is not settled the impact extent. 

Sorry your claim isn’t a fact it’s an opinion. Saying the science is settled is a religious statement. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

I’ve been talking about predictions not models. Side note most predctions have been based off the flawed models. So while they are different they are connected 

Why is Pruitt a moron?

We’ve spent a lot of money on this issue. Money that could have been spent on a lot of things that wouldhave benefited man. 

Sorry your claim isn’t a fact it’s an opinion. Saying the science is settled is a religious statement. 

What? Do you understand even the most basic principles of scientific theory? I don’t subscribe to the doom and gloom version of mmgw. I honestly think through SCIENCE that any man made effect can be countered. But for us to counter, we have to accept that we have an impact on climate. Your lack of critical thought is astounding. 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Why is Pruitt a moron?

Models generate predictions, they are the outcomes of models. 

Neal

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

What? Do you understand even the most basic principles of scientific theory? I don’t subscribe to the doom and gloom version of mmgw. I honestly think through SCIENCE that any man made effect can be countered. But for us to counter, we have to accept that we have an impact on climate. Your lack of critical thought is astounding. 

Exactly, I also believe we can counter most of the negative impact we generate.  It is sad that we still have to focus attention on agreeing we have an impact, and are not working on how to combate that impact.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Exactly, I also believe we can counter most of the negative impact we generate.  It is sad that we still have to focus attention on agreeing we have an impact, and are not working on how to combate that impact.

Neal

Honestly, the scientific community and it’s advocates are partly to blame. They pushed bad scientific hypothesis and hype on good science to make this doom and gloom. It pushed people away. Now we have to fight the bad narratives about what mmgw is. Doesn’t help when you have people like Higmark and JT on the other side...

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The fact of the matter is I agree the climate has warmed. I do not agree man causes the warming. Natrual conditions cause warming and cooling. Increase in CO2 is caused by the warming not the other way around. Solar, volcanic, ocean currents, jet stream, ocean temp and many other things affect climate. 

The fact that we have only had temp readings via satellite since 79 and prior records come from ground based data tells you we don’t have all the facts when it comes to temp. Hell they don’t even correct for urban heat sync.  

29 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed, however not all policy shift is alarmist driven.  Much can be said to fall under sane argument points.  

I disagree, and my position is that most all the warming and adverse effects it has are attributable to man.

Neal

And you have zero basis for this position in science......it is akin to religion. Zero proof and position based on faith in nothing 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And you have zero basis for this position in science......it is akin to religion. Zero proof and position based on faith in nothing 

Lets not forget the big money people studying climate change have gotten and the big money people in government like Al Gore have made on this religion 

19 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Lets not forget the big money people studying climate change have gotten and the big money people in government like Al Gore have made on this religion 

Just like any other evangelist scum 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Honestly, the scientific community and it’s advocates are partly to blame. They pushed bad scientific hypothesis and hype on good science to make this doom and gloom. It pushed people away. Now we have to fight the bad narratives about what mmgw is. Doesn’t help when you have people like Higmark and JT on the other side...

I agree completely.  You are on a roll today!  :bc:

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I agree completely.  You are on a roll today!  :bc:

Neal

Yep. And this is why you have “deniers”.

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Incorrect, we can do some basic science to create a model that has a reasonable outcome.  We can eliminate some non-anthropic causes for the warming, i.e. increasing solar output, ect. We can also use science.ce to create models of how humans create heat, and add to heat trapping processes. We.can go down the avenue of process elimination and end up on anthropic driver's being the man culprit.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

36 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The other side has do the same with big energy and money.  It isn't a one sided issue.

Neal

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just like any other evangelist scum 

YUP!  Second fucking time I agreed with you today.  I think that's exceeding quota.  ....and now I'm back in this god damn GW thread because Neal shit his pants below!

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Incorrect, we can do some time science to create a model that has a reasonable outcome.  We can eliminate some non-anthropic causes for the warming, i.e. increasing solar output, ect. We can also use science.ce to create models of how humans create heat, and add to heat trapping processes. We.can go down the avenue of process elimination and end up on anthropic driver's being the man culprit.

Neal

Ahhh....yes.  Summary:  "If we take away all the factors that aren't man made...just leaving man...YUP!  IT'S MAN!!!!!!!!!"  Punch yourself in the ear.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

YUP!  Second fucking time I agreed with you today.  I think that's exceeding quota.  ....and now I'm back in this god damn GW thread because Neal shit his pants below!

Ahhh....yes.  Summary:  "If we take away all the factors that aren't man made...just leaving man...YUP!  IT'S MAN!!!!!!!!!"  Punch yourself in the ear.

There is nothing unscientific about the process of elimination.  You seem to be befuddled by science.  

Why would I punch myself, I'm the one on solid scientific ground.  :bc:

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There is nothing unscientific about the process of elimination.  You seem to be befuddled by science.  

Why would I punch myself, I'm the one on solid scientific ground.  :bc:

Neal

I didn't say it was unscientific.  I alluded to your post being fucking idiotic by using the process it to leave mankind as the sole orchestration of it.

Trust me doode....i have yet to see you standing on solid ground.  I'm pretty sure it's peat moss over slippery rock...but you balance well.  Sort of.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I didn't say it was unscientific.  I alluded to your post being fucking idiotic by using the process it to leave mankind as the sole orchestration of it.

Trust me doode....i have yet to see you standing on solid ground.  I'm pretty sure it's peat moss over slippery rock...but you balance well.  Sort of.  :lol:

I thought you were leaving? 

Cue ZamBRO: Is this Neal? 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I didn't say mankind was the sole orchestration of it.

You don't see because you choose to be blind.  The peat moss you smell is the shit you bullshit you just stepped in.

Neal