Check your account email address ×

Sen. Tim Kaine on "illegal" Syria strike: "We have a president, not a king"

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So then Clinton and Obama never followed the rules either?

I actually supported Clinton in Bosnia back then.   I wouldn't today just like I don't support Trump in Syria but for different reasons.  Did not support Obama in Libya.  I thought we learned a lesson on what a power vacuum ended up creating.    

I will admit there is a distinct different between attacking terrorists and a sovereign nation but to say this POTUS didn't have the legal right when Truman, Reagan, Clinton, Obama all did is not right.    

based on what I know now, Clinton and Obama didn't follow the rules either.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

based on what I know now, Clinton and Obama didn't follow the rules either.

giphy.gif

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

for the record, "bombing runs" in foreign countries fall under the rule that allows defense against security threats. like terrorist training camps in yemen. the only other authorization that allows a strike is when congress permits it. when Obama sent missiles into Syria the first time, it was against isis, which was legal. when he wanted to do it in retaliation for the use of chemical weapons, he tried to get approval from congress and it was declined.

trump did not follow the rules, or his own advice he made years ago. Syria using chemical weapons was not a threat to us.

that is the difference in all this

:lol: 26,000 fucking bombs by Obama ..... Slinger - "all perfectly legal"

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

We must give the POTUS the ability to act without waiting for congress however its been abused over and over and over again.

Congress could easily sure up the law to only allow certain military action without its approval.   Just get enough votes to override any veto.  Reality is congress doesn't want the responsibility.   They talk a big game and that's it.   They don't want to have to go home and explain why their constituents sons and daughters are being killed in some fucking desert.  Its not an easy decision by any POTUS.   In fact ordering people to be killed on any side has to be extremely difficult.   

On 4/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, Snoslinger said:

for the record, "bombing runs" in foreign countries fall under the rule that allows defense against security threats. like terrorist training camps in yemen. the only other authorization that allows a strike is when congress permits it. when Obama sent missiles into Syria the first time, it was against isis, which was legal. when he wanted to do it in retaliation for the use of chemical weapons, he tried to get approval from congress and it was declined.

trump did not follow the rules, or his own advice he made years ago. Syria using chemical weapons was not a threat to us.

that is the difference in all this

I didn't agree with the strikes in Syria. But you guys had no issue with Obama taking Syria down and he did that without Congress's approval 

Edited by jtssrx

Blowing up thousands of innocents with drone strikes is a laughing matter for right wing faggots.......but by god if you dont show Barbara Bush the respect she deserves....well its just more than they can abide by :lol: 

5 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

"WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Jim Mattis urged President Trump to get congressional approval before the United States launched"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/politics/jim-mattis-trump-syria-attack.html

Doncha just love anonymous sources?

I mean you can just say...... ANYTHING!!!

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Blowing up thousands of innocents with drone strikes is a laughing matter for right wing faggots.......but by god if you dont show Barbara Bush the respect she deserves....well its just more than they can abide by :lol: 

I dont know why the "liberal" media does not put video footage of digging parts of little kids out of the rubble after a drone strike. If they really wanted to outrage people. :news: 

11 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I dont know why the "liberal" media does not put video footage of digging parts of little kids out of the rubble after a drone strike. If they really wanted to outrage people. :news: 

Because there is only one team playing ball .......and we aint on it