Check your account email address ×

One of two Making a Murderer Convicts Sentences Overturned

23 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

I'd say we all kind of think the guy did it. But the copsade sure he was convicted. That's not the way justice is supposed to work. 

His new lawyer doesn't and she claims she will prove it.  Apparently they are doing advanced luminous testing, blood evidence can't be completly cleaned away even decades later and cell records that prove the girl left the property.

The county must be shitting bricks about now.

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

His new lawyer doesn't and she claims she will prove it.  Apparently they are doing advanced luminous testing, blood evidence can't be completly cleaned away even decades later and cell records that prove the girl left the property.

The county must be shitting bricks about now.

Think about that for one second.  They are probably worried about the repercussions when they should be concerned that the actual killer is still out there and they should be happy that an innocent person is set free

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Think about that for one second.  They are probably worried about the repercussions when they should be concerned that the actual killer is still out there and they should be happy that an innocent person is set free

Not this county, they are worried about the 100 million lawsuit they could soon be faced with.   They are the ones who planted evidence on him, ie the blood on the car, the new lawyer says new forensics will prove that blood is older than it should have been.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

• Platinum Contributing Member

This case is a prime example of the lengths the prosecution will go to to get a conviction and if it weren't for vigilant defense lawyers this shit would be much more prevalent.

Edited by Biggie Smails

I think it is a prime example of what happens when you become a society that no longer adheres to or values ethics.

When the president, nomines, Congress, are seen as lying and cheating, breaking the law. It becomes acceptable for everyone.

Why should I play by the rules when no one else is.

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I think it is a prime example of what happens when you become a society that no longer adheres to or values ethics.

When the president, nomines, Congress, are seen as lying and cheating, breaking the law. It becomes acceptable for everyone.

Why should I play by the rules when no one else is.

Really....you think this kind of thing is new? Don't tell me you think shit like Leave it to Beaver is really how The United States was in the 1950's. :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Really....you think this kind of thing is new? Don't tell me you think shit like Leave it to Beaver is really how The United States was in the 1950's. :lol:

Not new, more prevalent.

I wasn't alive in the 50s, but I definitely think people have become less ethical in recent years.

58 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Not new, more prevalent.

I wasn't alive in the 50s, but I definitely think people have become less ethical in recent years.

Do you think cops and courts were more aware of civil and constitutional rights in he 50's? Why do you think Miranda Rights came into being?

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Not new, more prevalent.

I don't disagree, but I think part of that is from governments putting more blame on society instead of individuals.  Much stems from the traditional family unit.

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Do you think cops and courts were more aware of civil and constitutional rights in he 50's? Why do you think Miranda Rights came into being?

Like I said , I can't really speak for what went on in the 50,'s and not sure how  I would research that.

What I can attest to is 3/4 of Americans polled believe the country is in moral decline, due to break down of the family unit and government corruption.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't disagree, but I think part of that is from governments putting more blame on society instead of individuals.  Much stems from the traditional family unit.

Right on both counts.

Not a whole lot of personal responsibility anymore..... especially in the black community.

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Like I said , I can't really speak for what went on in the 50,'s and not sure how  I would research that.

What I can attest to is 3/4 of Americans polled believe the country is in moral decline, due to break down of the family unit and government corruption.

Well there is a reason Miranda became law but whatever.

12 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

if you were too stupid to stay silent before the law..i doubt much changed after the law.

Speaking of being stupid and staying silent....