Check your account email address ×

Small business owner soon to see a big benefit

• Gold Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/04/04/small-businesses-more-choices-association-health-plans-column/464059002/

From trump concerning health insurance and cost.  small business owners expected to save huge money and not be losing out as much as they were under obama.

Edited by BOHICA

We had those before. Shit policies are typically cheaper. I got into one of those early on for our office employees. I was embarrassed by how bad it was after someone us tried using it. 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We had those before. Shit policies are typically cheaper. I got into one of those early on for our office employees. I was embarrassed by how bad it was after someone us tried using it. 

You had the ability to shop health plans available in other states prior to Trump and get together with business out of your state on acquiring health insurance  at a group rate?

20 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Surely it wasn't you just picking a piss poor policy.....

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You had the ability to shop health plans available in other states prior to Trump and get together with business out of your state on acquiring health insurance  at a group rate?

It's a joke dude, rates are based on costs in your area. Youre drinking the Kool aid. If premiums are gonna go down it will be over less coverage and higher deductibles. You can't just make costs disappear because you bought a policy out of state. :lol:

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

2 faggots who never had to pay for health insurance are the experts. Of course.

i pay for mine....its part of my overall union negiotated compensation package.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

i pay for mine....its part of my overall union negiotated compensation package.

No you don't pay for it because if you did you'd shop around. 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

No you don't pay for it because if you did you'd shop around. 

Nope collectively we let the employer know how much of our compensation package goes towards health care....  The employer pays it as part of our overall compensation package.  pretty simple really to get good and cheap health insurance and have your employer just stroke a check for it instead of the employee getting that money from the employer and then paying for it.

Lineco is cheap and pretty good insurance.  Nationwide as well.  Its great and cheap into retirement as well.

https://www.lineco.org/html/bthw01.htm

51 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

It's a joke dude, rates are based on costs in your area. Youre drinking the Kool aid. If premiums are gonna go down it will be over less coverage and higher deductibles. You can't just make costs disappear because you bought a policy out of state. :lol:

Think about that statement in bold.  You may be correct, but why should health care rates change by area?  We are talking HEALTH CARE. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, racer254 said:

Think about that statement in bold.  You may be correct, but why should health care rates change by area?  We are talking HEALTH CARE. 

Because care cost vary quite a bit. Not only by region but even by hospital.

California, for example, has average prices that are the same as the U.S. averages for dozens of the most common procedures, including pregnancy ultrasounds and cataract surgery. But Clearhealthcosts.com, which compiles prices in 10 metro areas using data from consumers, doctors and hospitals and its own staff members' research, finds a huge price disparity within a 100-mile radius of San Francisco for some procedures.

The cash price for a lower-back MRI without dye ranges from $475 at the Castro Valley Open MRI to a whopping $6,221 at the University of California, San Francisco at Mt. Zion. Patients pre-paying or paying on the day of service at UCSF, however, get 40% off.

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Nope collectively we let the employer know how much of our compensation package goes towards health care....  The employer pays it as part of our overall compensation package.  pretty simple really to get good and cheap health insurance and have your employer just stroke a check for it instead of the employee getting that money from the employer and then paying for it.

Lineco is cheap and pretty good insurance.  Nationwide as well.  Its great and cheap into retirement as well.

https://www.lineco.org/html/bthw01.htm

I know how bargaining works, I'm a union contractor. The union insurance is the most expensive, and like I said the employer pays for it so you don't give a shit. 

8 hours ago, racer254 said:

If your asking that then you are too dumb to have this conversation. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

If your asking that then you are too dumb to have this conversation. 

A-Men. It's like asking why does a guy with multiple accidents and DUI's pay more for car insurance.

9 hours ago, Snake said:

Surely it wasn't you just picking a piss poor policy.....

Oops.  Honestly its pretty easy with about 1 hr research or less to tell the quality of a plan.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oops.  Honestly its pretty easy with about 1 hr research or less to tell the quality of a plan.  

dude was a bit of a con man. Lessons learned. 

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

A-Men. It's like asking why does a guy with multiple accidents and DUI's pay more for car insurance.

Why do houses cost more in San francisco than Bozeman Montana? 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Why do houses cost more in San francisco than Bozeman Montana? 

Different areas within the same state have different policy availability, PA does for sure.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

If I recall pooling business together didn’t save. The pool packages had higher deductibles 

Well it certainly DOES help hence the theory behind ACA and others. When you make the risk pool larger and add more healthy people into it it lowers everybody's rates. I wonder if people even know how insurance works. 

9 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

dude was a bit of a con man. Lessons learned. 

You took his word for it and didn't look into the plan details?   Did he lie about the plan?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You took his word for it and didn't look into the plan details?   Did he lie about the plan?

We got the summary sheet of all of the co-pays, deductibles and stuff just like we do for our insurance plan now. But yes he lied, when some of the employees started using it the bills werent getting paid. We only got about 3 months in when we cancelled it. It was presented as one of those Co-op plans where they pools thousands of people, employers, groups together , blah blah. Like I said, lesson learned. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

We got the summary sheet of all of the co-pays, deductibles and stuff just like we do for our insurance plan now. But yes he lied, when some of the employees started using it the bills werent getting paid. We only got about 3 months in when we cancelled it. It was presented as one of those Co-op plans where they pools thousands of people, employers, groups together , blah blah. Like I said, lesson learned. 

Sounds like an attorney should've been called if they were not paying what the documentation said they would.  

Nothing is going to change until the source of high insurance rates is addressed. That would be the cost of health care created by the delivery system. Trump has done nothing to address it. Neither did obama. The system is broken. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sounds like an attorney should've been called if they were not paying what the documentation said they would.  

Bro, thats just more money. Like I said, lesson learned. Tried to save some money and got burned. I got burned by our old GL insurance provider too. Another con man. :lol: