Check your account email address ×

Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

https://thesportsrush.com/lawrence-stroll-led-consortium-has-bought-force-india/

The Force India saga has finally come to an end, as a Lawrence Stroll led consortium has bought the team.

The consortium includes Canadian entrepreneur Andre Desmarais, Jonathan Dudman of Monaco Sports and Management, fashion business leader John Idol, telecommunications investor John McCaw Jr, financial expert Michael de Picciotto, and Stroll’s business partner Silas Chou.

The authorities have agreed to put the team out of administration as the new owners will be able to pay all the creditors in full.

Szafnauer, the Force India chief operations officer played a major role in helping the team return to solvency.

“This outcome secures the future of the Force India team in Formula 1 and will allow our team of racers to compete to our full potential,” said Szafnauer.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:01 PM, 2strokemerc said:

https://thesportsrush.com/lawrence-stroll-led-consortium-has-bought-force-india/

The Force India saga has finally come to an end, as a Lawrence Stroll led consortium has bought the team.

The consortium includes Canadian entrepreneur Andre Desmarais, Jonathan Dudman of Monaco Sports and Management, fashion business leader John Idol, telecommunications investor John McCaw Jr, financial expert Michael de Picciotto, and Stroll’s business partner Silas Chou.

The authorities have agreed to put the team out of administration as the new owners will be able to pay all the creditors in full.

Szafnauer, the Force India chief operations officer played a major role in helping the team return to solvency.

“This outcome secures the future of the Force India team in Formula 1 and will allow our team of racers to compete to our full potential,” said Szafnauer.

Team Forced Stoll.

Think it has been over $250,000,000 to put him in a F1 seat and keep him there?

Williams driver Lance Stroll is reportedly set to join Force India as early as the Belgian Grand Prix. This in turn will spark a massive game of musical chairs which will ultimately result in a loser. Now, if rumours are to be believed, McLaren’s Stoffel Vandoorne could be the ultimate casualty. Sources suggest that Stroll could take Esteban Ocon’s place and the Frenchman could replace Vandoorne at Spa-Francorchamps.

The switch also raises the question as to who will take Stroll’s place. The answer could lie with fan favourite driver Robert Kubica. It makes sense to have the Pole fill Stroll’s shoes at Williams as he is the reserve driver. Seeing him return to a grand prix drive for the first time since suffering life-altering injuries in a 2011 rally crash is truly heartwarming.

Stroll has been widely expected to join Force India after his billionaire father Lawrence fronted a consortium that bought out the financially crippled team last week.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/lance-stroll-f1-driver-market-frenzy/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seriously....dammit I'm taking a Snowrider right now and missed it! :lol:

At first I thought I read "talking" not taking..and I'm like why the fuck would Jimmy waste his time talking to that pile of shit..

Then I read it again, and we are in total agreement, pile of shit..

:lol::bc:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im backed up again dammit!!!

I had gone a day so last night I ate big bowl of bran flakes and this morning all is right with the world! 😆

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

At first I thought I read "talking" not taking..and I'm like why the fuck would Jimmy waste his time talking to that pile of shit..

Then I read it again, and we are in total agreement, pile of shit..

:lol::bc:

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I don't like this but i'm not paying the bills.

"Daniel Ricciardo will be parting ways with Red Bull at the end of this season, as he had earlier announced that Renault would be his next destination in the F1 world.

Red Bull were initially searching high and low for a replacement, and found a very able one in Pierre Gasly. But it now seems that they aren’t willing to wait until the end of the season to get Gasly on board.

With Red Bull comfortably 3rd in constructor’s standings, it seems as if Red Bull are trying to off load Ricciardo and get Gasly involved with the car and the team before the all important 2019 season.

Gasly was pictured getting in and out of the Red Bull car today, an image that has been doing the rounds on social media, with a lot of fans believing that Gasly could move to Red Bull sooner than we had expected.

Also, the fact that he got out of Ricciardo’s Red Bull fuelled some more speculation about a move to Red Bull this year itself."

https://thesportsrush.com/daniel-ricciardo-to-be-demoted-to-toro-rosso/

7 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I don't like this but i'm not paying the bills.

"Daniel Ricciardo will be parting ways with Red Bull at the end of this season, as he had earlier announced that Renault would be his next destination in the F1 world.

Red Bull were initially searching high and low for a replacement, and found a very able one in Pierre Gasly. But it now seems that they aren’t willing to wait until the end of the season to get Gasly on board.

With Red Bull comfortably 3rd in constructor’s standings, it seems as if Red Bull are trying to off load Ricciardo and get Gasly involved with the car and the team before the all important 2019 season.

Gasly was pictured getting in and out of the Red Bull car today, an image that has been doing the rounds on social media, with a lot of fans believing that Gasly could move to Red Bull sooner than we had expected.

Also, the fact that he got out of Ricciardo’s Red Bull fuelled some more speculation about a move to Red Bull this year itself."

https://thesportsrush.com/daniel-ricciardo-to-be-demoted-to-toro-rosso/

Yeah not a fan of this either.