Check your account email address ×

Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I noticed they were practicing for this weekends race when I turned on the TV this morning to catch the weather.

Yup, Ferraris were one-two and being their home track they should do well. This is a power track and they have the best engine right now. Plus Vettel needs a few more points to get ahead of the crybaby. I'm not a fan of Vettel so I'm hoping Raikonnen can win this one with Vettel second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

Yup, Ferraris were one-two and being their home track they should do well. This is a power track and they have the best engine right now. Plus Vettel needs a few more points to get ahead of the crybaby. I'm not a fan of Vettel so I'm hoping Raikonnen can win this one with Vettel second.

I would like to see Kimi win, too. I know it's a long shot, but I'd also like to see Alonso win before the season ends.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I would like to see Kimi win, too. I know it's a long shot, but I'd also like to see Alonso win before the season ends.

Kimi and Alonso are my favorites. Would be nice to see Alonso have a couple good finishes before he's done.

• Like 1

The Formula 1 draft 2019 schedule was released Friday, and the race at Austin in 2019 is scheduled for the same weekend NASCAR is scheduled to race in Fort Worth. Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage: “Shame on Formula One for doing this to the fans. Fans have recognized this as the NASCAR date on this weekend since its inception long before Circuit of the Americas was built. I would think a lot of fans – myself included – would enjoy going to both races. Now Formula 1 is making fans choose only one. Yet another bad call by Formula 1 showing their infamous indifference toward the fans.”

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

The Formula 1 draft 2019 schedule was released Friday, and the race at Austin in 2019 is scheduled for the same weekend NASCAR is scheduled to race in Fort Worth. Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage: “Shame on Formula One for doing this to the fans. Fans have recognized this as the NASCAR date on this weekend since its inception long before Circuit of the Americas was built. I would think a lot of fans – myself included – would enjoy going to both races. Now Formula 1 is making fans choose only one. Yet another bad call by Formula 1 showing their infamous indifference toward the fans.”

Geee i wonder if that was on purpose...

:lol:

31 minutes ago, ckf said:

Liberty media corp

Edited by 2strokemerc
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Qualifying on now. Could be a mixed up starting grid, Ricciardo is going to the back because of an engine change. Plus there is a chance of rain during qualifying much the same as last week.

Watching now.....Gasly, Alonso and Grosjean did well in Q1.

Kimi Raikkonen drove out of his skin today, dishing out a historic F1 lap(the fastest one ever) and securing pole position in Ferrari’s home race.

It was an emotional moment for Raikkonen’s wife, who broke into tears after that scintillating Kimi lap in Q3, one that put the two WDC contenders out of a pole position.

And while Kimi would have enjoyed his high, the news from the Ferrari camp is not that great for the Finn.

According to reports in AMuS, Ferrari were set to announce Charles Leclerc’s signing after qualifying today, but decided against it, as Kimi had produced one of the greatest laps in F1 history.

The Ferrari management did not want to steal Kimi’s thunder away and thus decided to keep the announcement for another day.

https://thesportsrush.com/charles-leclerc-to-drive-for-ferrari-in-2019-reports-amus/

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I can see Vettel catching the leaders near the end. Raikonnen will hold up Hamilton so Vettel has a chance to get past him. Then Raikonnen will move over for Vettel.

Now Bottas is holding up Kimi for Hamilton....F1 is so fucking gay.