Check your account email address ×

Farmers taking it yet again...

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

How much did farmers reimburse the government a few years ago when they had record profits....:snack:

What's your personal out of pocket investment to sell lightbulbs, a prius? Smart car? .....:snack:

Now get steppin'.   You don't belong here judging anybody.

Just now, SnowRider said:

And don’t give us the bullshit about risk.....when they cry and want subsidized a minimum to protect themselves from low prices.....but reap the rewards when prices are high.   Where’s the risk?  Private profits and public risk.......the AG program in a nutshell.

Just like GM and Chrysler too......and big banks and wall street 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Just like GM and Chrysler too......and big banks and wall street 

Yeah but we know the problem is brown and black people along with single mothers feeding their kids.....:snack:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

for sure.....we should have tariffed the fuck out of chinese solar panels 

A good friend worked for a wind tower manufacturer.  It was something like the week subsidies were closed down, the orders stopped coming.  Once the last one was built, the door shut. 

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Fuel blenders.  Land owners.

Who owns many of the ethanol plants.....:snack:

Edited by SnowRider

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You don't have to farm to be a shareholder in a ethanol plant. 

Many are shareholders......subsidized on both ends of the product....

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Many are shareholders......subsidized on both ends of the product....

I know this will come as a shock to you, but...

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/business/energy-environment/after-three-decades-federal-tax-credit-for-ethanol-expires.html

Now make yourself useful and go get me some kippers. 

2 hours ago, hayward said:

Not all.  There's a way to do it but you've got to cut out the middle man.

I guess there's many different scenarios, but up my way, many are incorporated.  The feds proposed tax reforms for small corps last year and the farmers were losing their minds.  

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Farms will do all right....  they have plenty of welfare.  just for example you can search government welfare of farmers by name, zip code, county state.... just quick search of say some place like Mitchell South Dakota you can see the huge government welfare recipients and the amount of each within the zip code 57301.  Data accurate thru 2016.

https://farm.ewg.org/addrsearch.php?s=yup&stab=US&zip=57301&z=See+Recipients&last=&stab=AL&first=&fullname=&stab2=AL

what is your zip code????  

They are not doing alright right as of right now...

We can just the same make case for electrical utilities and coops receiving federal subsidies and assistance...

Neal

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Top farm around Mitchell South Dakota got 2.7 million over 20 yrs.....  that is mutha fuckin welfare in the tune of well over $100,000 a year....  median household income in SD is like $54,000.

That would be a large corporate size farm though, spread that land over what would be a normal sized family farm at 10-25% of the resources and land of the top.

Neal

American farmers are hurting because of low commodity prices and high equipment costs. We’re more sheltered here because commodities are based off the US dollar so we’re getting around 20% more on the exchange alone. Russians make out like bandits on it. 

10 hours ago, sledderj said:

I guess there's many different scenarios, but up my way, many are incorporated.  The feds proposed tax reforms for small corps last year and the farmers were losing their minds.  

Because it’s hard to balance cash flow and paying a shit load of taxes 

30 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Because it’s hard to balance cash flow and paying a shit load of taxes 

Oh I get it.  The feds just seen low taxed cash sitting in corporate accounts and popped a boner over the thought of getting some more of it.  Who gives a fuck if businesses need that to ride through the ups and downs of the business cycle.  

The one owner of the company I work for had just spent a shit ton of money setting up a family trust.  Oops, thanks to JT's and Morneau's tax reforms.  

57 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Oh I get it.  The feds just seen low taxed cash sitting in corporate accounts and popped a boner over the thought of getting some more of it.  Who gives a fuck if businesses need that to ride through the ups and downs of the business cycle.  

The one owner of the company I work for had just spent a shit ton of money setting up a family trust.  Oops, thanks to JT's and Morneau's tax reforms.  

Yeah. The problem is the people trying to tax are dumber than the people with the money. All they do is make hiding money more creative