Jump to content

2019 Polaris reveal


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

 

What is otd on a 600 xc?

That's the way I would be going. First year Polaris big iron has a pretty bad track record right from the 2001XC800, through the 900 Fusion, the 700 Dragon, the 800 IQ after that and then the 800 Rush after that.  Even the most recent 800's in the Axys were haunted by some long term reliability issues. Personally I would give the 850 a year or three and I am still a Polaris guy at heart.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, just in from work and missed all this, I wish I could spend all day on FS like Puzzle but I was working.....and I'm almost sixty...wise up   I understand the butthurt dude.  We had a ton

My bad, I must not have explained. When men buy equipment like trucks and use them like trucks, you also need to keep them looking nice ( was going to say for when I pick up your wife for the loving y

Nice try pushing the loid comment to racial..... 99% of people realize that its a derogatory for mentally retarded people. the other 1 percent who dont get that, are in fact mongoloids.  Ya fuckin mon

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

That's the way I would be going. First year Polaris big iron has a pretty bad track record right from the 2001XC800, through the 900 Fusion, the 700 Dragon, the 800 IQ after that and then the 800 Rush after that.  Even the most recent 800's in the Axys were haunted by some long term reliability issues. Personally I would give the 850 a year or three and I am still a Polaris guy at heart.

Fuck that noise! There's a sucker born everyday, 3 of us already at least. :lol:

 

:bc:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Fuck that noise! There's a sucker born everyday, 3 of us already at least. :lol:

 

:bc:

 

It literally will be the attention drawer this season.  Your cat is 7 years long in the tooth.  This thing will be sweet.  I love the assault axys the Indy xc with velocity shocks can only be better 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

It literally will be the attention drawer this season.  Your cat is 7 years long in the tooth.  This thing will be sweet.  I love the assault axys the Indy xc with velocity shocks can only be better 

It will be for sure and they are going to sell a ton for sure. :bc:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Reevester said:

It will be for sure and they are going to sell a ton for sure. :bc:

 

Nothing wrong with good competition :bc: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pete Z said:

That's the way I would be going. First year Polaris big iron has a pretty bad track record right from the 2001XC800, through the 900 Fusion, the 700 Dragon, the 800 IQ after that and then the 800 Rush after that.  Even the most recent 800's in the Axys were haunted by some long term reliability issues. Personally I would give the 850 a year or three and I am still a Polaris guy at heart.

Pete that’s old stuff and years back....The new Poo 800s are bullet proof and the 850 will be too and have a 4 year warranty.  I bought the dreaded MachZ 1000 and the Doo 800 when everyone said they were bad and I had no issue.  But as Puzzle says I ride like a Tonka...whatever that means, but I had no engine issue what so ever.  My brother had the dreaded 700 Dragon which he sold to his buddy that turned 9700 miles in Feb, still going.  Yep, you saw plenty of that shit from a dealer perspective but for a one owner guy most engines are pretty reliable.  But whatever...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Pete that’s old stuff and years back....The new Poo 800s are bullet proof and the 850 will be too and have a 4 year warranty.  I bought the dreaded MachZ 1000 and the Doo 800 when everyone said they were bad and I had no issue.  But as Puzzle says I ride like a Tonka...whatever that means, but I had no engine issue what so ever.  My brother had the dreaded 700 Dragon which he sold to his buddy that turned 9700 miles in Feb, still going.  Yep, you saw plenty of that shit from a dealer perspective but for a one owner guy most engines are pretty reliable.  But whatever...lol

The new 800's are indeed pretty good, but I don't know that I would elevate them to the level of "bulletproof". I would reserve that title to the likes of 488 Indy Trails, 340 Enticers, 600 Edge XC's etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I hate to disagree with you Poncho , I had a 900 fusion , and it was like everyone said , and I did a lot to make it good and better but in the end . It was what it was . 

And the 700 CFI dragon , well there were a lot of issues , program updates , 800 CFI , well same . 

I think Polaris was throwing everything they had after the Fusion 900 debacle .

And finally after a lot of teething they finally got there 800 sorted out , but there is a lot of non puzzle related ones . Cat and Doo also had issues with 800 and yes the dreaded Mach 1000 , and there are lots for sale blown all the time . 

Now they all have first year and second year issues , and someone has to be the guinea pig :) .

 

Pete is right about the 600’s . Cat ,Poo and Doo’s 600’s were all good even in first years . Even the Fusion 600 was good . 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Well I hate to disagree with you Poncho , I had a 900 fusion , and it was like everyone said , and I did a lot to make it good and better but in the end . It was what it was . 

And the 700 CFI dragon , well there were a lot of issues , program updates , 800 CFI , well same . 

I think Polaris was throwing everything they had after the Fusion 900 debacle .

And finally after a lot of teething they finally got there 800 sorted out , but there is a lot of non puzzle related ones . Cat and Doo also had issues with 800 and yes the dreaded Mach 1000 , and there are lots for sale blown all the time . 

Now they all have first year and second year issues , and someone has to be the guinea pig :) .

 

Pete is right about the 600’s . Cat ,Poo and Doo’s 600’s were all good even in first years . Even the Fusion 600 was good . 

 

 

Agree but I’m talking about the new 800s and so forth...not the Confusion

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Well I hate to disagree with you Poncho , I had a 900 fusion , and it was like everyone said , and I did a lot to make it good and better but in the end . It was what it was . 

And the 700 CFI dragon , well there were a lot of issues , program updates , 800 CFI , well same . 

I think Polaris was throwing everything they had after the Fusion 900 debacle .

And finally after a lot of teething they finally got there 800 sorted out , but there is a lot of non puzzle related ones . Cat and Doo also had issues with 800 and yes the dreaded Mach 1000 , and there are lots for sale blown all the time . 

Now they all have first year and second year issues , and someone has to be the guinea pig :) .

 

Pete is right about the 600’s . Cat ,Poo and Doo’s 600’s were all good even in first years . Even the Fusion 600 was good . 

 

 

And for the record....you had a Confusion 900......WTF.....did you bang your head on something pointy?...I thought they were like Bigfoot or something weird....and no one ever really had one, just talked about them....that is special 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was something , that’s for sure . Blackstar had one too I belive . There were a few of us . 

 

Was the first time the net exposed the problem across the board . Dealers were sayin “ what , there are no problems with belts blowing and vibrations “ , I don’t know why the sled is getting slower and slower .

meanwhile on sled forums we were all comparing problems 

Then the best , was the live web conference where they were had to face up that everyone was having problems . By 06 you couldn’t give away a 05 . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

It was something , that’s for sure . Blackstar had one too I belive . There were a few of us . 

 

Was the first time the net exposed the problem across the board . Dealers were sayin “ what , there are no problems with belts blowing and vibrations “ , I don’t know why the sled is getting slower and slower .

meanwhile on sled forums we were all comparing problems 

Then the best , was the live web conference where they were had to face up that everyone was having problems . By 06 you couldn’t give away a 05 . 

You and Blackstar....Bigfoot territory....cool...my point was newer 8’s....but nice to hear you two experienced the X Files.....for the record that “live web conference” no longer exists......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

It was something , that’s for sure . Blackstar had one too I belive . There were a few of us . 

 

Was the first time the net exposed the problem across the board . Dealers were sayin “ what , there are no problems with belts blowing and vibrations “ , I don’t know why the sled is getting slower and slower .

meanwhile on sled forums we were all comparing problems 

Then the best , was the live web conference where they were had to face up that everyone was having problems . By 06 you couldn’t give away a 05 . 

The only brand new sled Stevie ever bought....lol...that thing shook the wisdom teeth right out of my mouth.

   When I was buying sleds state side I came across a dealer in Rochester selling 900's..buy one get one free!!

   They couldn't give em away...poor Stevie.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My new 800 assault blew a jack shaft bearing at 1400 mls. Havnt done that since early 90's. It seems to be common problem. If this engine was buult to the same standard...well let's just say I carry a tow rope at all times.

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If I go with Poo it will be an 850 with 4 year warranty.  

I,m not really sure why you guys think a 4 year warranty is the ticket. IF these new engines have issues, what good is the warranty if your sled is sitting at the dealers, waiting for a magic solution, or waiting for back ordered parts, while another winter, passes you by ? Past performance keeps me very nervous about totally new  engine designs. Glad to see some of you guys don,t mind becoming the real testers, and aren,t just some magazine guys singing their praises to get more advertising dollars.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Yup, lost 2.5 weeks for my pos. That was the whole winter season down south. Fortunately had the dead nuts reliable1200 doo for a back up.

Always need a backup or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m not really sure why you guys think a 4 year warranty is the ticket. IF these new engines have issues, what good is the warranty if your sled is sitting at the dealers, waiting for a magic solution, or waiting for back ordered parts, while another winter, passes you by ? Past performance keeps me very nervous about totally new  engine designs. Glad to see some of you guys don,t mind becoming the real testers, and aren,t just some magazine guys singing their praises to get more advertising dollars.

Will be sled #4.  Not really concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Yup, lost 2.5 weeks for my pos. That was the whole winter season down south. Fortunately had the dead nuts reliable1200 doo for a back up.

Puzzle will be pleased.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Puzzle will be pleased.

For the Doo lovers, haters, most of my riding buddies are doo, doo.

  6 blown 600 etecs in the past 5 years.

Couple of no start 1200's on the cool northern nights. Some 850's are belt eaters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

For the Doo lovers, haters, most of my riding buddies are doo, doo.

  6 blown 600 etecs in the past 5 years.

Couple of no start 1200's on the cool northern nights. Some 850's are belt eaters.

Put a new engine in the 12 600 Poo this year.  Its an expensive hobby.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...