Check your account email address ×

Why the New faggot turbo sucks ass

f7ben

Reading the forums where the tuners are posting turns up the following info.

The tiny turbo BRP is using is out of steam at 14-15 psi and starts to make a ton of heat after that. 

You can loosely figure power gains like this. 14.7 PSI of boost will roughly double the power output of an engine. Say plus or minus 5% depending on timing changes etc etc.

The stock 900 motor in high compression configuration makes 90HP and would be in the low to mid 80's decompressed.

If you double the power output of the 900T in NA form you are looking at maybe 170-175HP before that turbo runs out of steam. If you start boosting it beyond that its going to be making tons of heat and will be far more prone to detonation.

So BRP gave you a 15k sled that will make 170HP if you wanna void your warranty. If you wanna make more power then that you are talking big turbo kit which is going to be very spendy and then even at that you will not crack 200HP before needing race gas 

So all in all this is a pathetic junk offering and nothing new for faggot ass Skidoo

• Like 1

If it’ll get close to 190 with a reflash that’s decent enough for me. It’ll be a great trail sled but will never be a race dominator. 

For a trail sled I’ll take 190 hp with zero lag over a laggy 220 hp

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Reading the forums where the tuners are posting turns up the following info.

The tiny turbo BRP is using is out of steam at 14-15 psi and starts to make a ton of heat after that. 

You can loosely figure power gains like this. 14.7 PSI of boost will roughly double the power output of an engine. Say plus or minus 5% depending on timing changes etc etc.

The stock 900 motor in high compression configuration makes 90HP and would be in the low to mid 80's decompressed.

If you double the power output of the 900T in NA form you are looking at maybe 170-175HP before that turbo runs out of steam. If you start boosting it beyond that its going to be making tons of heat and will be far more prone to detonation.

So BRP gave you a 15k sled that will make 170HP if you wanna void your warranty. If you wanna make more power then that you are talking big turbo kit which is going to be very spendy and then even at that you will not crack 200HP before needing race gas 

So all in all this is a pathetic junk offering and nothing new for faggot ass Skidoo

You know why they did this right? They want to continue to see the 850 as the top sled they offer. If they offered a 200 HP turbo that only weighed 40 pounds more dry then the 850 they wouldn't sell many 850's.

It's complete BS!!! 

Evo said they are making 250 with a cheap Turbo upgrade and a tune on the side by sides. I agree this turbo is maxed out at about 185Hp on pump gas. 

Kyle Fritz You'll be surprised at what the little 900 can put out. It's going to be a fun one.
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Kyle, what kind of power are you guys getting with your tunes on the Maverick?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz Anywhere from 170whp up to 390whp 1f60e.png😎 +30% for the crank hp equivalent.
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Kyle Fritz what is that in English?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz Over 200 crank hp with stock turbo 240ish on a cheap turbo upgrade up to 450hp on a built motor with a custom turbo setup
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Kyle Fritz thank you. Impressive. 91 octane on the 240 upgrade?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz No that was on 110....those are rough estimates as well as we use a wheel dyno for sxs not a crank dyno
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada I think what potential buyers are wanting to know is what is this 900 turbo capable of on 91. Any idea?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz I think with cool intake Temps 210-215hp on 91.
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Thanks Kyle. I'll keep the winder. Just had your new stage 4 installed, excited to see the difference this weekend compared to my old stage 4 EVO tune.

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

If it’ll get close to 190 with a reflash that’s decent enough for me. It’ll be a great trail sled but will never be a race dominator. 

It wont get 190 on a reflash and that would be way off the compressor map. Like spinning the stock cat snail at 30psi :lol: just making heat not power

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

You know why they did this right? They want to continue to see the 850 as the top sled they offer. If they offered a 200 HP turbo that only weighed 40 pounds more dry then the 850 they wouldn't sell many 850's.

It's complete BS!!! 

Evo said they are making 250 with a cheap Turbo upgrade and a tune on the side by sides. I agree this turbo is maxed out at about 185Hp on pump gas. 

Exactly....complete BS. I saw Evo claiming 240HP with their full big turbo kit and that was on straight C16. Not impressive at all....in fact its pathetic

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:
Kyle Fritz You'll be surprised at what the little 900 can put out. It's going to be a fun one.
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Kyle, what kind of power are you guys getting with your tunes on the Maverick?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz Anywhere from 170whp up to 390whp 1f60e.png😎 +30% for the crank hp equivalent.
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Kyle Fritz what is that in English?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz Over 200 crank hp with stock turbo 240ish on a cheap turbo upgrade up to 450hp on a built motor with a custom turbo setup
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Kyle Fritz thank you. Impressive. 91 octane on the 240 upgrade?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz No that was on 110....those are rough estimates as well as we use a wheel dyno for sxs not a crank dyno
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada I think what potential buyers are wanting to know is what is this 900 turbo capable of on 91. Any idea?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Kyle Fritz
Kyle Fritz I think with cool intake Temps 210-215hp on 91.
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 14h
Matt Habada
Matt Habada Thanks Kyle. I'll keep the winder. Just had your new stage 4 installed, excited to see the difference this weekend compared to my old stage 4 EVO tune.

Complete BS propganda trying to pump this thing. Show me some dyno sheets with AFR , BSFC and Pressure. There is no way all the turbo kit makers left that much on the table with their kits.

This is from the EVO site

Stage 1 – 15 lbs of boost for stock exhaust – 91 Octane
Stage 2- 15 lbs of boost for stock muffler with Cat Bypass – 91 Octane
Stage 3 – 15 lbs of boost for full exhaust – 91 Octane
Stage 3Ri  – 16 lbs of boost, full exhaust – 93 Octane
Stage 4Ri – 17.5  lbs of boost, full exhaust – 95 Octane
Stage 5Ri – 17.5 lbs of boost, full exhaust  – E85

Stage 1 which is about what guys are saying is the limit for the turbo would put out efficiently would get you about 170HP ....add a full exhaust and maybe 175hp

Their full stage 5 tune with E85 requiring fuel system upgrades etc is probably running some pretty wild timing which E85 will support......it might......might be making 195HP

That bullshit above from that Kyle dude is just that....total bullshit claims with nothing to back them up 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Complete BS propganda trying to pump this thing. Show me some dyno sheets with AFR , BSFC and Pressure. There is no way all the turbo kit makers left that much on the table with their kits.

My guess is this sled will make 180 max with the current turbo on pump gas. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

My guess is this sled will make 180 max with the current turbo on pump gas. 

On 93 Octane with full exhaust maybe.....and that would be spinning the turbo really hard

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

On 93 Octane with full exhaust maybe.....and that would be spinning the turbo really hard

The Side by side is making 172 from the factory. The sled would have to be close to 180 with a tune and no other changes. 

So the sled won't do something it was never intended to do? Wow shocker....

Brp wants to make money like any real smart company. Not beat on their chests that they make a fast sled that 1% of riders are in the market for

• Like 2

Just now, Doorider said:

Brp wants to make money like any real smart company. Not beat on their chests that they make a fast sled that 1% of riders are in the market for

I think it’s 2%. However if doo would build a hyper sled that market would grow some 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think it’s 2%. However if doo would build a hyper sled that market would grow some 

To me, building a 200 hp sled and selling it for 14k is a cry of desperation.  It means your sales suck and you have nothing else to try but build something stupid fast that people will talk about. 

Edited by Doorider

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

11 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Exactly, they're smart to cater to the average consumer, not the Bents of the world. No question there's a very small percentage of people who want a fire breathing lake racer. I believe Doo hit a home run with this sled, time will tell.

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Exactly, they're smart to cater to the average consumer, not the Bents of the world. No question there's a very small percentage of people who want a fire breathing lake racer. I believe Doo hit a home run with this sled, time will tell.

Thats where you are wrong......look at the % of cat turbos that stay stock.....its low. Everyone wants more and cheaper power and Skidoo doesnt want to deliver. 

Thats where you are wrong......look at the % of cat turbos that stay stock.....its low. Everyone wants more and cheaper power and Skidoo doesnt want to deliver. 

Actually 400 bucks for 30 more hp is pretty cheap

Just now, DAVE said:

Actually 400 bucks for 30 more hp is pretty cheap

On the cat 400$ gets you 100 more HP .....so skidoo is immensely expensive in comparison. Of course skidoo does all this by plan. They dont want to upstage their precious 850 so they boosted a little toy motor that cant make any power :lol: 

• Like 1

No, you're wrong, Ski Doo is listening to their customers, the only thing I'll agree with you on the 900T is the cost, other than that I think it will be a hit, now shut the fuck up:lol:

• Haha 1

@f7ben all of that malarchy you are spewing sounds like a bunch of faggot speak i have no interest in anyway. Outside of some clutching and durability improvements the current 800 trail class sleds are all I am interested in. Having a 240hp snowmobile so I can do throttle blips on the trails while wrestling a 700lb faggot mobile does not turn my crank. Now.. A reliable 170-180hp snowmobile in a great and fairly light chassis that I dont have to put $50 a gallon synthetic oil in sounds like a great trail sled to me. 

Great Job Skidoo! :bc: 

Just now, snoughnut said:

No, you're wrong, Ski Doo is listening to their customers, the only thing I'll agree with you on the 900T is the cost, other than that I think it will be a hit, now shut the fuck up:lol:

:bigfinger: its garbage and you are garbage !!!!!!!1111111

• Like 1