Check your account email address ×

Best used side x side for $7000?

I've had it with my P.O.S. 2012 Polaris Ranger 500.  It has been unreliable since it rolled off the assembly line.  Here's a list of problems since it was new. Fuel pump, voltage regulator (twice), broken A-arm, winch relay (twice), battery, new valves and piston, rings.  Fucker only has 2900 miles on it.  I'm done.

So selling it for $6800, looking to replace with something reliable.

Yamaha Rhino?  Kawasaki Teryx?  RZR?

There are RZR's all over in my price range, a few 08 Rhinos and Teryx's.

Thing is, I need a decent top end speed, like 55 mph. 

Not looking to spend more than $8000 on a new toy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Who owns what and what is your experience? 

Are the RZR S models better than the mid size models?

Other options, opinions?

A buddy has a teryx and its been flawless for a couple yrs now...

In my circle of riding buddies its a toss up between the razrs and can ams...they all have issues though eventually. :bc:

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

I know some RZRs are junk, but I also know that ALL Wildcats are garbage lol.

The Rhino has got to be the most dependable, and the slowest.  I need something in the middle.

I'm no Polaris fan but it seems the razors are always the top rated and best performing. If you are buying used I think you need to just find the one that has been maintained the best. 

Agreed there, and there are so many RZR 570's and 800's out there the market is saturated. 

My current Polaris is a pile of shit though, so I have some bad blood for Poo.

Just this morning, another new problem.  The tach and fuel gauge both read way low.  Runs fine, drives fine.

Maybe the speedo cluster is bad now?  I can't win.

I had nothing but trouble with my 08 RZR. Has a 800 Z Force CF Moto now and it has been awesome so far. More power than the old 800 RZR but is noisier . We have a good dealer here though. That's one thing you have to be careful about with them. A lot of Kawasaki around here and they have proven out very well. 

2 hours ago, Ebsell said:

I had nothing but trouble with my 08 RZR. Has a 800 Z Force CF Moto now and it has been awesome so far. More power than the old 800 RZR but is noisier . We have a good dealer here though. That's one thing you have to be careful about with them. A lot of Kawasaki around here and they have proven out very well. 

I have a CFMoto 800 as well and it's been flawless.  Got it with a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and it's about half way through zero issues.  Dealer support is key.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have a CFMoto 800 as well and it's been flawless.  Got it with a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and it's about half way through zero issues.  Dealer support is key.

We have 3 and love them. 

8 hours ago, dz246 said:

I looked at a zforce 800 at a local dealer. Seemed like a nice machine, and comes with a roof and winch. I would be concerned with resale though...

Resale is not good. It's getting better all the time but not there yet 

9 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Resale is not good. It's getting better all the time but not there yet 

You see 0 of them out west....A dealer for them pops up here and there...but usually doesnt last long....theres got to be a reason for that.

41 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You see 0 of them out west....A dealer for them pops up here and there...but usually doesnt last long....theres got to be a reason for that.

Reason is usually poor sales because people are still nervous of overseas ATV's and for good reason. But they are not your typical Chinese product. Much of it is built with Canadian built parts. We have 3 and so far all 3 have proven to be much more reliable that the 800 RZR. 

46 minutes ago, DAVE said:

They are solid machines but many dealers are crap.  If you wanted to become a dealer you would want poo.

3 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Reason is usually poor sales because people are still nervous of overseas ATV's and for good reason. But they are not your typical Chinese product. Much of it is built with Canadian built parts. We have 3 and so far all 3 have proven to be much more reliable that the 800 RZR. 

Ya but you had an old razr....guys put them through hell and they hold up well.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Powesports are overpriced period.

True, my dealer is 10 mins from me and looks after all my power sports.  It's the only reason I bought a CFMoto and I have been more than satisfied.  He is their number one dealer in Canada.  Also their quads are quite nice as well.