Check your account email address ×

Vinyl.

38 minutes ago, Snake said:

UoFIC4ENHGyoYY_EPKf9ozEGxT-j_u2peRxAUWP6

LYxhSSenCXPJBo0bWqhvXnWkP1DX2PRcxCPaqrX9

Most are kept in heavy sleeves, with the albums in ziplock sleeves. Played once to record to cassette.

YkVv86GsUW8IcWUu8VMjuKeuyoN0YkXwQiumb7v_

That Bruce Springsteen live album 

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

One of the problems, if you can call it that, with downloading and such is the cover art.

Some of those covers were masterpieces.

Album covers are definitely a lost art, I grabbed a few out of my parents collection to load into my drum machine/sampler based off the covers alone. 

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Was a segment on NH chronicle bout them few weeks back. Dude had mentioned that it is the artwork that is one of the big reasons for their resurgence.

The sound too. I was listening to the re-mastered digital version of Bowie's Diamond Dogs yesterday, I threw on the vinyl for comparison when I got home last night... So much warmer and more full than the digital copy.

7 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Any of you old coots got some good vinyl laying around?

869FBB58-09FB-4F3A-9440-F17DC76704B4.MOV

don't be the hipster duchy fuck stain.

fucking vinyl  .

the lamest shit is how they brag up playing shit from vinyl on the radio now so desperate.

hey why not just yank out the old victrola crank on the handle spin that cylinder to really get that warmth of the wax .

being from jersey I can see looking for some nice early victors at a estate sale. but any duchy fuck buying the new Man of the woods or what ever garbage they are now putting out on  vinyl needs a boot in the head

31 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The sound too. I was listening to the re-mastered digital version of Bowie's Diamond Dogs yesterday, I threw on the vinyl for comparison when I got home last night... So much warmer and more full than the digital copy.

umm yeah LMFAO

We have a couple of hundred albums and two working turntables. We also have about 250 cassette tapes and a couple of players. Probably about 100 CD's. They all get used. The one thing I did get rid of were the 8 track cassettes.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

We have a couple of hundred albums and two working turntables. We also have about 250 cassette tapes and a couple of players. Probably about 100 CD's. They all get used. The one thing I did get rid of were the 8 track cassettes.

I deep sixed all the cassettes. I had a 120 case full and just tossed them.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

lol I dumped all the records yrs ago .

only thing old school I have left is a shitload of real to real old blues  of my old mans

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I deep sixed all the cassettes. I had a 120 case full and just tossed them.

As long as I have something to play them on I will keep them. There are so many great tunes on them that I want to be able to hear, especially on a Saturday at the lake.

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol I dumped all the records yrs ago .

only thing old school I have left is a shitload of real to real old blues  of my old mans

Now that is old... reel to reel... my dad had some of that but I have no idea what happened to them. We had a console stereo that was a piece of furniture in the living room with a reel to reel built in. I believe it also had the TV built into it as well.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Trivia: The last car to put in a cassette player was the Lexus SC430.

there is a guy on the sled forums I have known for yrs  . he has been collecting and rebuilding and selling oem mopar 8track players for years . they get top $$$ for them now

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Now that is old... reel to reel... my dad had some of that but I have no idea what happened to them. We had a console stereo that was a piece of furniture in the living room with a reel to reel built in. I believe it also had the TV built into it as well.

I transferred the  stuff I liked yrs ago but still have the originals only because no one kept that shit  

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

don't be the hipster duchy fuck stain.

fucking vinyl  .

the lamest shit is how they brag up playing shit from vinyl on the radio now so desperate.

hey why not just yank out the old victrola crank on the handle spin that cylinder to really get that warmth of the wax .

being from jersey I can see looking for some nice early victors at a estate sale. but any duchy fuck buying the new Man of the woods or what ever garbage they are now putting out on  vinyl needs a boot in the head

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lmfao, I'm not listening to Justin Timberlake's new album on any format. This is the most recently released album I have on vinyl. It was a gift from my cousin who worked for the record label at the time. The Decembrists, The Hazards of Love, 2009.

IMG_3290_1240x1240.jpg?v=1510937851

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

Trivia: The last car to put in a cassette player was the Lexus SC430.

You learn that from Top Gear too? lol

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lmfao, I'm not listening to Justin Timberlake's new album on any format. This is the most recently released album I have on vinyl. It was a gift from my cousin who worked for the record label at the time. The Decembrists, The Hazards of Love, 2009.

IMG_3290_1240x1240.jpg?v=1510937851

You learn that from Top Gear too? lol

I knew it well before they mentioned it.

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I can understand the artwork and collection for that reason, but the technology is crap.  Cassettes?  WTF...

Neal

There's an electronic genre called vaporwave where they heavily sample 80's and 90's music. Those artists release their music on cassette, partly as an homage to the era they're getting their sound from and partly as collectibles. 

DRSOcH5VQAA4wrO.jpg