Check your account email address ×

Spending

Spending   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s for cutting military spending?

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

What kind of dipshit are you with these gotcha posts?  What do you think should happen, and lets see your documentation. :news: 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is why I pretty much ignore the fucktard....guy is just using up good oxygen.

X10

Issue with an immediate cut like farmer proposed is that such a cut would ripple through the economy creating a recession as the mic is so ingrained into the fabric of America. The last few years with close to full employment would be the time to start cutting back by maybe 5 percent a year with the eventual goal of being 25 percent less over a 7 to 10 year window and maybe @ third less over a 15 year window. 

Edited by Angry ginger

• Platinum Contributing Member

Has anyone actually identified how much spending is frivolous?  Priorities are relative.  Cutting by a arbitrary percentage is frivolous. What spending can be deemed an investment? 

43 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Issue with an immediate cut like farmer proposed is that such a cut would ripple through the economy creating a recession as the mic is so ingrained into the fabric of America. The last few years with close to full employment would be the time to start cutting back by maybe 5 percent a year with the eventual goal of being 25 percent less over a 7 to 10 year window and maybe @ third less over a 15 year window. 

NH biggest employer is a military contractor. Many of my mass customers are Raytheon employees. Those are not $15 an hr jobs.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

NH biggest employer is a military contractor. Many of my mass customers are Raytheon employees. Those are not $15 an hr jobs.

exactly,  between BAE,  the shipyard and all the small manufacturers it would have devastating effect which is why it would need to be a slow transition done while jobs are tight.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

exactly,  between BAE,  the shipyard and all the small manufacturers it would have devastating effect which is why it would need to be a slow transition done while jobs are tight.  

And what makes you think your idea will work without creating more hardship than your intend to avoid?

Just now, SnowRider said:

And what makes you think your idea will work without creating more hardship than your intend to avoid?

During cutbacks in the 90's many turned into IT companies. With that area flooded who knows what existing contractors would turn to now.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep. Start with closing non essential bases around the world. Sell a bunch our our old equipment to Isis, Al quieda and talban instead of just giving it to them for free. 

• Thanks 1

I should have framed the check from the last Republican giveaway that resulted in a massive recession. Stay tuned for the next one coming soon after the latest give away by Trump. 

Remember Trump filed bankruptcy 5 times so yeah it’s coming to every household

Trickle down....lmao

7 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Hey Dumbfuck, how about cutting wasteful programs?

Is there a program more wasteful than the military?  With Dumps dick in your mouth how do you support his increase in wasteful mi,Italy spending.....:snack:

Just now, SnowRider said:

Is there a program more wasteful than the military?  With Dumps dick in your mouth how do you support his increase in wasteful mi,Italy spending.....:snack:

Yes , money for Solyndra , African dick washing , yoga classes for federal  buracrats , paying rent for Somalis to go back to Somalia, etc 

I realize that wasteful programs like these employe most slacker liberals but they can and should be cut, along with many overseas military bases,

24 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Yes , money for Solyndra , African dick washing , yoga classes for federal  buracrats , paying rent for Somalis to go back to Somalia, etc 

I realize that wasteful programs like these employe most slacker liberals but they can and should be cut, along with many overseas military bases,

He needs to start using better bait.

25 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Just now, racer254 said:

He needs to start using better bait.

Add me up along with Dumps increased military spending and let me know which one is greater. :snack:  what about the Repugs doubling of the annual budget deficit....... :lmao: 

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Add me up along with Dumps increased military spending and let me know which one is greater. :snack:  what about the Repugs doubling of the annual budget deficit....... :lmao: 

After eight years of Obambi spending suddenly you’re concerned :lol:

BE626D57-B900-40EC-8C60-F2208ABDDCFD.thumb.png.ed8e0e529def99e7dc2ef633537cdfe3.png

wasteful spending on projects that included an Army research study into the bomb-detecting abilities of elephants, puppet shows in Vermont and the creation of a dog bite prevention website, among others.

The $294 billion that is being spent on expired programs stems from a report the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office released in January. Last year, the government spent $302 billion on unauthorized projects.

“I believe the 'America’s Most Wasted' reports should serve as a wake-up call to Congress and the American people to keep their government accountable by demanding an end to wasteful government spending,” McCain said in a statement.

McCain specifically pounced on the budget at the Pentagon, including a $2.4 billion cost overrun on the Navy’s new aircraft carrier. He said the waste specifically harms his mission to lift the sequestration caps on the military’s budget.

“We have to get rid of the duplicative waste in the Pentagon so that I can will have credibility when I say, we’ve got to get rid of sequestration because it is destroying our ability to defend the nation,” he said Thursday on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom.”

McCain's report found that the Army is spending $50,000 to research whether elephants in South Africa can detect bombs.

It also found that the Social Security Administration has issued more than $225 million in overpayments to more than 106,000 students. Children with a deceased, retired or disabled parent have access to these benefits until they graduate or turn 19. McCain’s report said $2.5 billion in benefits is provided to 4.4 million children nationwide each month.

The National Guard has spent $49 million on advertising deals with professional sports leagues to support recruiting, the report found.

The government is also spending $14 million on a program at the Department of Agriculture to develop a catfish inspection office even though the Food and Drug Administration already has one.

The National Institutes of Health, the report said, awarded a grant worth nearly $391,000 to a university to develop a website to teach children about dog bites.

Another $15,000 grant issued by the Environmental Protection Agency was given to a university to study pollution that emanates from backyard barbecues, the report said.