Check your account email address ×

The bad news just keeps rolling in.

JEFF

The bread crumbs are really starting to pile up. Enough to actually absorb all of the liberal tears that had been puddling up.  :lol:

Home Depot hourly employees to receive up to $1,000 bonus due to tax reform

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/25/home-depot-to-award-hourly-employees-1000-bonus-due-to-tax-reform.html

• Gold Member

can you imagine the extra income tax revenue the goverment is going to collect from each employee that recieve $1000.  Its almost like this tax cut as already paid for itself in such a short period of time.

57 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Why not a raise?

Fair enough question. I think a raise is going to happen but can we agree that these bonuses that are happening that are directly attributed to a better tax situation for businesses are a good thing?  I think the bonuses are corporate america's way of saying fu to the dems. But I agree with you that long term increased wages will be the result that tell the tale. Many corp's already have but many more will I believe. 

3 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Fair enough question. I think a raise is going to happen but can we agree that these bonuses that are happening that are directly attributed to a better tax situation for businesses are a good thing?  I think the bonuses are corporate america's way of saying fu to the dems. But I agree with you that long term increased wages will be the result that tell the tale. Many corp's already have but many more will I believe. 

Thanks for the response. Why not a living wage? Bonuses are a way of one timing employees salaries.