Check your account email address ×

F7 BEHN TRIPLES RULE OMG XCR1250 aGETS GAPED

Rod

Ok , added a base gasket and bolted her back together. Just measured combustion chamber volume again and its 27.6cc . This gives me a trapped comp ratio of 6.6 to 1 and a static ration of 12.1 to 1

This should live 87 octane if it had to but I will run 91 in it for added safety 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Just get a bottle of torco octane boost and keep It in the seat. Then you’re always good 

I will do just that. I am much happier with these compression ratio's .......now I need to hope I didnt make the motor too peaky raising the port timing like I did

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I will do just that. I am much happier with these compression ratio's .......now I need to hope I didnt make the motor too peaky raising the port timing like I did

It’s a 1000... it’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I think so too but I havent found anyone that have tried this with the stock 1000 cylinders.

If you aren’t competitively racing I doubt you’ll notice the difference as long as your port timing and pipes aren’t a huge mismatch

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

If you aren’t competitively racing I doubt you’ll notice the difference as long as your port timing and pipes aren’t a huge mismatch

thats my concern....stock pipes and higher port timing

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’ll sale you my D&D trail pipes and buy buddies PSI modblasters then we will both be g2g

I'd really love to pick up a set of Simon's CPR pipes but I only found one set and the gave wont budge of $500 for them 

59 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ok , added a base gasket and bolted her back together. Just measured combustion chamber volume again and its 27.6cc . This gives me a trapped comp ratio of 6.6 to 1 and a static ration of 12.1 to 1

This should live 87 octane if it had to but I will run 91 in it for added safety 

What kinda compression are you seeing on the compression gauge, once it has been warmed up ?

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

What kinda compression are you seeing on the compression gauge, once it has been warmed up ?

Havent checked it warm yet. I got 145 cold...should be high 130's warm 

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I would think that should be safe enough for 91 octane. Hopefully your pipes aren,t to restrictive.

Wonder what XCR1250 thinks of this ? 

Pipes are stock 1000 pipes and should be more than fine...the cranking compression numbers are pretty useless when determining what octane you need

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Just out of curiosity what's your Port timing now for exhaust and transfers. Are you still below 200 on the exhaust?

How do I calculate that.....that is a duration number right?

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How do I calculate that.....that is a duration number right?

Yes it's measured in degrees starting from Top Dead Center. It's the total time exhaust is open. More exhaust duration means a higher exhaust Port roof and a shorter effective stroke

http://www.macdizzy.com/update76.html

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yes it's measured in degrees starting from Top Dead Center. It's the total time exhaust is open. More exhaust duration means a higher exhaust Port roof and a shorter effective stroke

http://www.macdizzy.com/update76.html

Top of exhaust port is 30mm from TDC and the port is 33mm tall .....not sure how to do the rest

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

you never said what you want for the pipes faggot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111//???????????

I’ll let you know when I hear from buddy on these modblasters