Check your account email address ×

Entitled Capitalist Flips Out At Student Employee For Quitting Crappy Low Wage Job

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I understand a doctor wouldn’t make the same wage as a landscaper, but how do we ensure demand for menial labor in this environment? 

Menial labor will either be eliminated or become more expensive.

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I love me a good riding mower. Pounding back Bud Lights and making Bourgeoisie stripes like a golf course is high on my list of satisfying things to do on a weekend. 

:lol:  :bc: 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Fuck yeah it is.

I think a bigger problem is with all the chemicals in the fertilizers. A lot of that ends up running off into the lakes and streams.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I guess that seems far fetched to me. We still need roofs, we still need septics pumped, we still need things cleaned, etc. we can’t automate all in our lives. 

And we still need jobs for the uneducated.

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I guess that seems far fetched to me. We still need roofs, we still need septics pumped, we still need things cleaned, etc. we can’t automate all in our lives. 

Of course. Maybe an increase in cost of these services would drive better septic system, better roofing materials, etc 

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

So who would mow lawns in your world? 

:lol:

This is Lily's best argument to remain under the dictatorship of capital. 

'buy who'll mow my lawn????'

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

And we still need jobs for the uneducated.

Or maybe we can just educate more people?

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I think a bigger problem is with all the chemicals in the fertilizers. A lot of that ends up running off into the lakes and streams.

Of course.

17 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Maybe if maintaining lawns becomes too expensive or time-consuming, we'll do something different with our lawns that's maybe not so harmful to the environment.

Yah, and fuck haircuts and soap too! Grooming is a construct of the oppressive ruling class, amirite?

Just now, motonoggin said:

Or maybe we can just educate more people?

That creates another problem in itself. Now you have graduates with $65k in debt making $70 k a yr. And plumbers with zero debt making $110 k a yr.

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Of course. Maybe an increase in cost of these services would drive better septic system, better roofing materials, etc 

:lol:

This is Lily's best argument to remain under the dictatorship of capital. 

'buy who'll mow my lawn????'

Have you ever priced having someone re-roof your house? Same senario, people will start roofing themselves or go with metal so it never needs to be done again

I mow my own lawn, cant afford to pay someone to mow 3.5 acres 

Edited by MiSledder

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

Yah, and fuck haircuts and soap too! Grooming is a construct of the oppressive ruling class, amirite?

That's right, Gary. Spraying chemicals and shit all over your lawn is the same as wiping your ass properly.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That creates another problem in itself. Now you have graduates with $65k in debt making $70 k a yr. And plumbers with zero debt making $110 k a yr.

You're implying that a plumber is uneducated because he doesn't have student loan debt?

1 minute ago, MiSledder said:

Have you ever priced having someone re-roof your house? Same senario, people will start roofing themselves of go with metal so it never needs to be done

Or worse, Just not do it. Everone has been thru a town were there is no money and every house looks like a crackhouse. 

1 minute ago, MiSledder said:

Have you ever priced having someone re-roof your house? Same senario, people will start roofing themselves or go with metal so it never needs to be done again

Yes, it isn't cheap. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

That's right, Gary. Spraying chemicals and shit all over your lawn is the same as wiping your ass properly.

You're implying that a plumber is uneducated because he doesn't have student loan debt?

No , I'm implying he dosnt have a formal secondary education.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Or worse, Just not do it. Everone has been thru a town were there is no money and every house looks like a crackhouse. 

Right, because there's only two types of yards

1) finely manicured and chemical soaked monoculture

2)yards full of 7 foot weeds 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I thought we were talking about mowing. Do you brush hog your land?