Check your account email address ×

Turkey’s president requests that America stop arming terrorists.

How much does this shithole get from the US taxpayers? 

U.S. Gives Financial Aid to 96% of All Countries

According to the federal government, for fiscal year 2012, “The United States remained the world’s largest bilateral donor, obligating approximately $48.4 billion—$31.2 billion in economic assistance and $17.2 billion in military assistance.” However, “obligated” funds are not the same as “dispersed.”

The U.S. disbursed $33.2 billion—$19 billion in economic assistance to 184 countries and $14.2 billion in military assistance to 142 countries. Out of the top six U.S. foreign aid recipients, five of them were Muslim countries. And yet it seems the U.S. can’t buy good press in the Middle East.

The UN boasts 193 members, and the U.S. provided economic assistance to 184 of them, or 96% of the countries in the world.

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

An honest person would provide a link.

Using your  past history I’ll leave that up to you 🤙

as as far as honesty, you, ve shown plenty of intellectual dishonesty 🖕

Edited by Sleepr2

29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I thought that the Kurds killed terrorists. Anyone confused? 

As much as I don't like the fact that the US has been supporting the YPG, they have driven the ISIS fascists out of their territory and have established a free state. 

Of course Turkey sees this as a threat, and aren't exactly innocent when it comes to funding fascist death squads.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

As much as I don't like the fact that the US has been supporting the YPG, they have driven the ISIS fascists out of their territory and have established a free state. 

Of course Turkey sees this as a threat, and aren't exactly innocent when it comes to funding fascist death squads.

Taking that chunk of Syria is just the first step for Erdogan. He has ideas of a revived Ottoman Empire. None of the contempt in the region is gone. In fact, it’s worse. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Taking that chunk of Syria is just the first step for Erdogan. He has ideas of a revived Ottoman Empire. None of the contempt in the region is gone. In fact, it’s worse. 

Bad place for an anarchist revolution, but so was Spain, I suppose. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I thought that the Kurds killed terrorists. Anyone confused? 

One mans terrorist is another mans patriot. How do you think the british viewed those folks in Lexington and Concord in 1775

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck the Turks...another of our supposed "Allies".

Those Kurds want their own homeland and it’s making the leaders of Turkey, Syria, and Iraq a bit nervous. What a clusterfuck.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Those Kurds want their own homeland and it’s making the leaders of Turkey, Syria, and Iraq a bit nervous. What a clusterfuck.

Exactly, seeing southern Turkey has quite a few Kurds too.

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Not that I'm an expert on this region but it seems to me The Kurds have been the most loyal and most eager to fight for some sort of good in the region.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not that I'm an expert on this region but it seems to me The Kurds have been the most loyal and most eager to fight for some sort of good in the region.

They have been , but they do have their own agenda. As we all do.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is their moment for sure. They’ve been under someone else’s rule for a long time. The land they want is mostly northern Iraq and the oil reserves are very good there, and provide good income for the Iraq gov’t. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

They have been , but they do have their own agenda. As we all do.

Just now, Edmo said:

This is their moment for sure. They’ve been under someone else’s rule for a long time. The land they want is mostly northern Iraq and the oil reserves are very good there, and provide good income for the Iraq gov’t. 

Of course they have an agenda as they should.