Check your account email address ×

DriftBusta the racist

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Implying that the oppressed are somehow responsible for their own oppression.

Deflecting the issue of responsibility that the "opressed" refuse to take any accountability for.....but will allow by proxy.

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m for sweeping my side of the street. But if you want....go sweep a black man’s. I’ll sit and watch. 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why can't they start sweeping their own side of the street?

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Who’s “they”? 

Try to follow along or stop conversing.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Deflecting the issue of responsibility that the "opressed" refuse to take any accountability for.....but will allow by proxy.

If black people would just stop saying mean things to me, racism would disappear.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

If black people would just stop saying mean things to me, racism would disappear.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Try to follow along or stop conversing.

Oh, well then.

I suggest the racism issue be dealt with first. Unless that happens whitey won’t see clear and blackies attempts will always fall short. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Oh, well then.

I suggest the racism issue be dealt with first. Unless that happens whitey won’t see clear and blackies attempts will always fall short. 

How do you suggest it be dealt with?

That's not sarcasm. Its a copout. You rant all day everyday. Yet you don't want to take 5 minutes to have a real discussion. I know your fucked , you know your fucked and everyone else know's your fucked.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

That's not sarcasm. Its a copout. You rant all day everyday. Yet you don't want to take 5 minutes to have a real discussion. I know your fucked , you know your fucked and everyone else know's your fucked.

Them: ok genius, how do we fix racism?

Me: white people have to change in ways we aren't going  to be comfortable with if we are to address racism effectively

Them: no, really what I meant was - what do black people have to do so I'm not so racist?

I don't claim to be a genious and I don't claim to have the answers. But I would probably start with trying to bring more opurtunity to inner cities. Racism contimues because of sterotypes. Stereotypes continue because all some people know of many other races is headlines.

That being said the media is prolly partially responsible too. 

Many whites believe almost all blacks are criminals.

Many blacks believe almost all white people had everything handed to them. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I don't claim to be a genious and I don't claim to have the answers. But I would probably start with trying to bring more opurtunity to inner cities. Racism contimues because of sterotypes. Stereotypes continue because all some people know of many other races is headlines.

That being said the media is prolly partially responsible too. 

Many whites believe almost all blacks are criminals.

Many blacks believe almost all white people had everything handed to them. 

If your solution to racism involves the phrase or idea that 'black people need to...', it's not really a solution at all, it's merely an attempt to shift blame.

White people created racism. To think that the victims of it have to do something to dismantle whiteness and racism is a complete non starter. 

It's pretty simple. If white people want to stop racism, they need to stop being racist and stop being white. Whiteness is a social construct born out of the slave days intended to separate African slaves from their nearly equally oppressed poor 'white' neighbors. Previous to this invention of whiteness, African slaves and poor Americans of European origin were organizing uprisings against the ruling class.

This re-directed the anger of the non-slave poor from the oppressor class - rich landowners - to the only social class lower than they were - African slaves. 

It's a centuries old tool of class division. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Why?  So you can deny it?  You don’t recognize the definition because your ideology can’t allow it.

Yes. Because Daniel Webster has the final say on complex social issues like institutionalized racism, whiteness, and critical race theory.