Check your account email address ×

NASCAR 2016

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Ty dillon is a whiny little bitch who has won nothing even in the"busch" series. Talks out his ass constantly like he is relevant. There is another reason why the sport is about done.

Gotta start somewhere...

Buescher to JTG Daugherty for 2017

Chris Buescher will drive a second car for JTG Daugherty in 2017, the team stated Tuesday. "We can confirm at this time that JTG Daugherty Racing is currently in the process of starting a second team in the NASCAR premier series," JTG Daugherty Racing team owner Tad Geschickter said in a statement. "We would also like to confirm and welcome Chris Buescher to the team as our driver for the second car. More details will follow." Said Buescher, 24, in a statement: "I can confirm that I have signed to race for JTG Daugherty Racing as they expand to a two-car team in the NASCAR premier series in 2017. I'm thankful for the opportunity and look forward to competing for a spot in the Chase.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Monster is the new title sponsor for Nascar. :bc:

Oh great..just what nascar needs....can never get enough of those flat brimmed hat wearing douchebags... :lol:

• Like 1

In other motor sports news.....

Nico Rosberg has stunned the motor racing world by announcing his retirement from the sport, just five days after winning the World Championship.

Rosberg says he made the decision on Monday evening, after partying until 9 a.m. that morning and flying to Kuala Lumpur for a PR event. He announced it at a press conference ahead of Friday’s FIA Awards in Vienna.

His decision leaves Mercedes with the difficult task of replacing him, although it obviously has Pascal Wehrlein on hand as a back-up. Getting a big name driver out of an existing contract looks like being a tricky task.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, Biggie Smails said:

No Shit and that little act and all that money (mostly the money) landed him this....

IMG_2528.JPG

He is the correct height to have a great meal.......................

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Too tall too.

Speaking of F1, Nico dedicated 25 years of his life to racing and retired today at 31.  Win the the most prestigious driver's title anywhere in the world but North America and retire 5 days later.  

Fixed for accuracy :bc:

Edited by Dave

Dodge talking to NASCAR about returning: Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, said he spoke with NASCAR vice-chairman Jim France and International Speedway Inc. CEO Lesa France Kennedy about the return of Dodge to the stock-car series. The three had dinner Saturday night during the Ferrari Finali Mondiali at Daytona International Speedway. Marchionne, who is also CEO of Ferrari, was in town for the Ferrari-only World Finals and Sunday's Formula One exhibition. Asked about the return to NASCAR, Marchionne said, "Yes," then explained it. "I talked to Jim France about this (Saturday) night," he said. "I was the one who made the decision to pull out of NASCAR. I am the guilty party at the table. In 2009, we came out bankruptcy and tried to race NASCAR (but) with the big bills and make payroll was a stretch. We are in a different place now. I think it is possible we can come back to NASCAR. I think we need to find the right way to come back in, but I agreed with both Jim and Lesa we would come back to the issue." France confirmed that he had spoken to Marchionne about bringing Dodge back into NASCAR's top series.(Daytona Beach News Journal)(12-4-2016)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Dodge talking to NASCAR about returning: Sergio Marchionne, who is the CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, said he spoke with NASCAR vice-chairman Jim France and International Speedway Inc. CEO Lesa France Kennedy about the return of Dodge to the stock-car series. The three had dinner Saturday night during the Ferrari Finali Mondiali at Daytona International Speedway. Marchionne, who is also CEO of Ferrari, was in town for the Ferrari-only World Finals and Sunday's Formula One exhibition. Asked about the return to NASCAR, Marchionne said, "Yes," then explained it. "I talked to Jim France about this (Saturday) night," he said. "I was the one who made the decision to pull out of NASCAR. I am the guilty party at the table. In 2009, we came out bankruptcy and tried to race NASCAR (but) with the big bills and make payroll was a stretch. We are in a different place now. I think it is possible we can come back to NASCAR. I think we need to find the right way to come back in, but I agreed with both Jim and Lesa we would come back to the issue." France confirmed that he had spoken to Marchionne about bringing Dodge back into NASCAR's top series.(Daytona Beach News Journal)(12-4-2016)

do the teams get factory backing anymore?

15 minutes ago, Dave said:

do the teams get factory backing anymore?

I believe all 3 still give some support but certainly not like 15 years ago.  I would say it's the reason Stewarts going to Ford rather than getting HMS's scraps.  GM prob should have pulled money from RCR to keep them as without Harvick RCR has done nothing.  

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I believe all 3 still give some support but certainly not like 15 years ago.  I would say it's the reason Stewarts going to Ford rather than getting HMS's scraps.  GM prob should have pulled money from RCR to keep them as without Harvick RCR has done nothing.  

I have a feeling Toyota has been throwing JGR a ton of money compared the Ford and GM side.

• Like 1

VW was long rumored to have some V-8  pushrod engines at some " named " engine r&d shop and a least three car mock-ups, this will now go into the toilet with the diesel engine debacle that VW is facing. Ford has not been happy with Roush- Fenway on track results, this is why the push to Stewart - Haas. Fiat will have to write a huge check to get back into the stock car game , the dodge car brand is about dead in the public view . Look in the very near future in francecar that some of the long time team owners start to reduce their foot print as they are all getting older, Hendrick, Roush , Childress , Gibbs, Petty. Like the NFL , francecar will have to re-group to get the costs way down, butts in the seats an eye balls watching on the tube. Sadly brian france is a golden spoon dunce, that has half cooked his given golden goose. ( did you catch that he was loaded at the awards dog an pony show an could hardly walk or speak )

9 hours ago, Momorider said:

Made it to the highest level in his sport and made it out alive seems like a win :dunno: 

Nothing like going out at the top of your game :bc:

HMS is going to find a ride for Bowman in the Clash :bc:

Bowman to run the Clash at Daytona: ESPN's Bob Pockrass Tweeted: Rick Hendrick said Alex Bowman would compete in The Clash at Daytona, he's just not sure for who/what car.(ESPN), Bowman is eligible after winning the pole at Phoeinx in November, subbing for Dale Earnhardt Jr., out with a concussion.(12-5-2016)

• Like 2

Bowman is a hot shoe , not a driver to let slip away.  It will be fun to watch the e jr. show , as he has had a number of  head knocks . The on track future results are not on his side , if you look at francecar driver history.