Check your account email address ×

New York suing big oil for GW

Good lord are Democrats whacked in the head. :lmao:

New York City sues 5 major oil companies, claiming they contributed to global warming

The ExxonMobil refinery seen at dusk in St. Bernard Parish, La. 

(Gerald Herbert / AP)
Associated Press

New York City is suing five major oil companies, claiming they have contributed to global warming.

Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will be seeking billions in the lawsuit to recoup money spent by the city for resiliency efforts related to climate change.The defendants in the city's federal lawsuit are BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell.

33 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord are Democrats whacked in the head. :lmao:

New York City sues 5 major oil companies, claiming they contributed to global warming

The ExxonMobil refinery seen at dusk in St. Bernard Parish, La. 

(Gerald Herbert / AP)
Associated Press

New York City is suing five major oil companies, claiming they have contributed to global warming.

Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will be seeking billions in the lawsuit to recoup money spent by the city for resiliency efforts related to climate change.The defendants in the city's federal lawsuit are BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell.

They have to bills to pay!!!! 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

:lol: fucking retarded fucks just love lining the pockets of blood sucking lawyers

Should be thrown out by the judges instantaneously before anyone gets any money for anything.  Fuck these cocksuckers.  This is pure money laundering.

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

Should be thrown out by the judges instantaneously before anyone gets any money for anything.  Fuck these cocksuckers.  This is pure money laundering.

yup

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, hayward said:

Someone should have cut the fucking thing off and floated it out to sea years and years ago.  Along with New Jersey....Anything on the east side of the Delaware.

Do the people get to get off before we do it.....  The land isn't the problem.  Its the people on the land.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Do the people get to get off before we do it.....  The land isn't the problem.  Its the people on the land.

You're in Haiti, what do you give a shit for?  :lol:

Yeh sure, but everyone must go directly to Canada.  Or California.  Same difference....:snack:

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The irony of it all is too much... Who are these fucking people and how were they given a shred of power????

they are called lawyers dude and the road to fake hell is lined with them 

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

You're in Haiti, what do you give a shit for?  :lol:

Yeh sure, but everyone must go directly to Canada.  Or California.  Same difference....:snack:

I heard that Cuba has wonderful healthcare.  Maybe they could go there.

Or Venezuela.  

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

GW is heading to the courts. I’m surprised it hasn’t up to this point. Evidence needs to gets heard on both sides of the argument. 

Who the fuck is going to be sued? The responsibility lies with all of us if there is some negative impact to having used fossil fuels. Trying to sue big oil is nothing more than a blatant and disgusting money grab....fuck anyone who stands behind it 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Who the fuck is going to be sued? The responsibility lies with all of us if there is some negative impact to having used fossil fuels. Trying to sue big oil is nothing more than a blatant and disgusting money grab....fuck anyone who stands behind it 

If there’s evidence that energy companies are aware of the damage their product may cause to the environment, then there’s liability. If GW is a myth then there’s nothing to be concerned about. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

If there’s evidence that energy companies are aware of the damage their product may cause to the environment, then there’s liability. If GW is a myth then there’s nothing to be concerned about. 

How about all the years that we burned much dirtier fossil fuels way before the current companies ??? 

Just now, f7ben said:

How about all the years that we burned much dirtier fossil fuels way before the current companies ??? 

I'm sure there's a statue of limitations. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see the evidence of GW shown to the courts. If it's as serious as some scientists say it is, then perhaps the judicial needs to rule on the matter. Its actually a pretty confusing topic. There's so many self proclaimed experts on both sides of the topic. Get all the solid evidence on the table. I've seen both compelling evidence that climate change could be horrendous and evidence that indicates that it's totally overblown. The energy companies are known to funnel money into the anti-camps. They've also come out and said GW does in fact exist. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I'm sure there's a statue of limitations. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see the evidence of GW shown to the courts. If it's as serious as some scientists say it is, then perhaps the judicial needs to rule on the matter. Its actually a pretty confusing topic. There's so many self proclaimed experts on both sides of the topic. Get all the solid evidence on the table. I've seen both compelling evidence that climate change could be horrendous and evidence that indicates that it's totally overblown. The energy companies are known to funnel money into the anti-camps. They've also come out and said GW does in fact exist. 

How are they going to show any conclusive proof of anything when they cant even get close on making predictions of the effects......everything they have said would happen has been proven by time to be total bullshit.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

How are they going to show any conclusive proof of anything when they cant even get close on making predictions of the effects......everything they have said would happen has been proven by time to be total bullshit.

The conclusive proof might already be there. Either for or against. Given all the bullshit in the media its tough to say. You're basing the inference that "everything" they've said is bullshit. Everything who has said? There's moderate voices in the climate change issue that get drowned out by the extremests on both sides of the equation. I'm of the belief that it takes a pretty small mind to think that humans have had no effect on climate. The question is, how much? 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Man is nowhere near smart enough (yet?) to definitively say either way.  Assigning legal "blame" will be nothing less than an excuse for asset confiscation and wealth redistribution.  

What I do know is the earth's real problem is people.  As the population continues to grow, the earth's issues are going to increase along with it.  No world leaders have the nads to say it out loud.  

• Like 1

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

The conclusive proof might already be there. Either for or against. Given all the bullshit in the media its tough to say. You're basing the inference that "everything" they've said is bullshit. Everything who has said? There's moderate voices in the climate change issue that get drowned out by the extremests on both sides of the equation. I'm of the belief that it takes a pretty small mind to think that humans have had no effect on climate. The question is, how much? 

I just see this is blatantly frivolous 

Just now, sledderj said:

Man is nowhere near smart enough (yet?) to definitively say either way.  Assigning legal "blame" will be nothing less than an excuse for asset confiscation and wealth redistribution.  

What I do know is the earth's real problem is people.  As the population continues to grow, the earth's issues are going to increase along with it.  No world leaders have the nads to say it out loud.  

What are you basing that on?