Check your account email address ×

Don't buy Motorfist gear

jtssrx

7 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I still use my Sorels I bought in 1998 and they work just as good today as they did back then. My feet stay warm and dry

I still have my Sorel Glaciers i bought in 98 as well. Ive updated all my gear but the boots . No need . Feet are always warm and dry.  Just hate that they're so clumsy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I still have my Sorel Glaciers i bought in 98 as well. Ive updated all my gear but the boots . No need . Feet are always warm and dry.  Just hate that they're so clumsy 

Not sure what model my Sorels are but I've had them about 14 years and they are still in great shape. I do only use them for the snowmobile however. I recall they were rated for -70 I believe. Never had cold or wet feet with them yet.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

:lol: That's exactly what mine are as well! My buddy bought the ones with the thicker liners and I did the thinner ones. And we both have and still use them. Excellent boots....still  :thumb: 

Just now, 02sled said:

Not sure what model my Sorels are but I've had them about 14 years and they are still in great shape. I do only use them for the snowmobile however. I recall they were rated for -70 I believe. Never had cold or wet feet with them yet.

Yeah.. i always laughed at the cold rating on these boots . Pretty sure ill be dead in -70.. but my feet will still be warm :lol:

Motorfist gear is very poorly designed and manufactured.  In 2016 they made a huge push at Iron Dog racers to use their gear for the race.  Most guys figured out during practice that their shit was far inferior to North Face or Klim.  It would fall apart in a few thousand miles of practice riding.  The few guys who did race with Motorfist gear claim that it was the coldest they had ever been in their life.  Shit just fell apart. 

Not a fan. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

:lol: That's exactly what mine are as well! My buddy bought the ones with the thicker liners and I did the thinner ones. And we both have and still use them. Excellent boots....still  :thumb: 

Those boots are insane . I remember doing surface support at my old ice dive club ,standing on the ice for hours . Every one else had gone to warm up their feet in their vehilcles except me...and I've got piss poor circulation :lol:

Just now, xcr700 said:

Those boots are insane . I remember doing surface support at my old ice dive club ,standing on the ice for hours . Every one else had gone to warm up their feet in their vehilcles except me...and I've got piss poor circulation :lol:

Yup love mine and I'd definitely buy another pair. Not to hot where your feet sweat and def not too cold.  I need new inserts for the bottoms though since mine are a bit worn out from years and years of use. 

Just now, Skidooski said:

Yup love mine and I'd definitely buy another pair. Not to hot where your feet sweat and def not too cold.  I need new inserts for the bottoms though since mine are a bit worn out from years and years of use. 

Can you even get these boots anymore ?

1 minute ago, gtserider said:

Not the original ones.When Kaufman went tits up the name got sold off shore.I also have a 20 some yr old ones I bought from the factory.

Shit so maybe not the same quality then eh? The still offer that particular model for $100

I bought a pair of klim boots about 5 years ago and they have been great. I have never had cold feet in them and I only wear regular socks. I think the retail on them was $229.00. I got them at the local Yamaha dealer for $129.00. only thing is they have a Yamaha logo on them. I love all the klim stuff, I have a 4 year old keweenaw jacket and some bibs. Both have been awesome. 

Sorry about the boots bro, I'll make sure to never to business with those faggots. 

4 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Not the original ones.When Kaufman went tits up the name got sold off shore.I also have a 20 some yr old ones I bought from the factory.

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Shit so maybe not the same quality then eh? The still offer that particular model for $100

Maybe ill keep mine for another 19 years 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 02sled said:

Sending the boots to them would be a fair compromise. Hopefully they would go with that, But hopefully you can see the need for them to avoid "customer scams" which I guarantee happen frequently. I have heard and seen horror stories from some of our managers. I bought your laptop 9 months ago and it has stopped working, you need to replace it. We know they bought it 9 months ago but when it's looked at it's obvious from the cracks in the shell and the broken screen it's been dropped, smashed or whatever. The customer gets irate when told sorry... the warranty doesn't cover it being abused.

What about the dealer you got them from. Really it's their job to deal with the manufacturer for you.

Im not trying to pass off some ripped up boats that I damaged as that would be a fair comparison to your scenario. They won’t even look at them 

I know as a sledder I shouldn't buy Patagonia and TBH my wife likes it more than me but you can shit a zipper 10 years after you buy a coat and they replace the whole coat for nada.