Check your account email address ×

2019 sleds predictions!! POST IT!!

10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'm still surprised you got one not ever riding a G4. 

honestly coming from an XS and riding a G4 and a SBA the SBA immediately felt more comfortable as a chassis than the G4 did.  I need to get some time on one with a better seat though as the adrenaline seat last year was not good.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, f7ben said:

.....the top 10 list of fastest outlaw sleds is probably 9 cats and they are all built on the 1100. Every single outlaw race is 100% dominated by Zook 1100 powered sleds

Just because you saw some fast apex turbo at the weenie roast 5 years ago does not mean you have any idea what you are talkin about

Grass drags are all 1100 zook 

The only place any yamaha may be competitive still is some OSP sleds running 1000' of ice

Yep.   The 1100 is a very stout base to start from.

I've talked to guys that don't want to push the new 1000 motor much over 300-330 because of cylinder pressure.  

Know a guy who ran some of the Outlaw races and he is die hard Skidoo and he will tell you the same thing.   He cracked the top 5 one race a few years ago before having track problems on his 1200.   I think he said he was the only non 1100 to do so in quite a while.  

I know what won't be coming out.

A 1000cc Triple/Single built off all the tech in todays engines in the modern day chassis.   200 HP pull and go sled with that awesome triple 2 stroke sound.   :cry:

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Bullshit. 1500 bucks my ass. Full kill ??? Just when I think you might have half a clue, you fuck it up, again.

Write up a tutorial on how you get a 130 HP motor to 250, with 1500 bucks. I,ll take 3 of those kits when they are ready.

First of all you fucking brain dead know nothing retard you wouldnt need to get the doo to 250 to take down the yamaha at 250. Fucking idiot

2nd go fuck yourself you fucking moron. I could write up the simple parts list and you wouldnt understand any of it because you dont know shit about turbo sleds or putting one together

You are about the dumbest motherfucker on here......no go play in the street fucking truckstop cock hound

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

.....the top 10 list of fastest outlaw sleds is probably 9 cats and they are all built on the 1100. Every single outlaw race is 100% dominated by Zook 1100 powered sleds

Just because you saw some fast apex turbo at the weenie roast 5 years ago does not mean you have any idea what you are talkin about

Grass drags are all 1100 zook 

The only place any yamaha may be competitive still is some OSP sleds running 1000' of ice

On snow here in the open class it’s mostly 1200’s, 1100’s and  huge Old triples. Don’t see any competitive Yamaha’s. Their engines are too weak

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

On snow here in the open class it’s mostly 1200’s, 1100’s and  huge Old triples. Don’t see any competitive Yamaha’s. Their engines are too weak

Down here you have to be running 600HP or more nowadays to even get a whiff of the outlaw class so we are talking 10k engine builds no matter what. The apex block can be put together to hold that power but it expensive and doesnt have the support of the cat. 

I think the precision sports 1200's could compete but there arent anywhere near as many of them and the aftermarket support is limited 

8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Already disheartened with PolarDog eh? Bipolarhooknose :dunno: 

Not at all ....love the chassis. Love 4 stroke motors also though and Polaris will not give us one. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Down here you have to be running 600HP or more nowadays to even get a whiff of the outlaw class so we are talking 10k engine builds no matter what. The apex block can be put together to hold that power but it expensive and doesnt have the support of the cat. 

I think the precision sports 1200's could compete but there arent anywhere near as many of them and the aftermarket support is limited 

Not sure what ECU tuning for the 1200 is like now either. It used to be shit

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Not sure what ECU tuning for the 1200 is like now either. It used to be shit

The new ECU can be used for turbo sleds .....Boost Engineering I think is using stock MAP maps in the ecu to run low boost sleds

Everyone that races or even has two nickels to rub together is running motec now though. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The new ECU can be used for turbo sleds .....Boost Engineering I think is using stock MAP maps in the ecu to run low boost sleds

Everyone that races or even has two nickels to rub together is running motec now though. 

We need HP tuners to get into it!!!

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah it was. Really needed a stand alone 

Skidoo chooses ECU's that are tough to crack and have little support on purpose....they dont want people having access to anything or being able to make it better

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

you can turbo a 1200 for 1500$ now and it would smoke that yamaha motor sled unless its on full kill. The 1200 eats up boost 

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Bullshit. 1500 bucks my ass. Full kill ??? Just when I think you might have half a clue, you fuck it up, again.

Write up a tutorial on how you get a 130 HP motor to 250, with 1500 bucks. I,ll take 3 of those kits when they are ready.

I'm not so sure you can turbo a 1200 for $1500.  I'd do my GSX in a heartbeat if I could do it up right for that little of coin.  

I will say the 1200 Turbo's EXTREMELY well.  Buddy of mine has 2 (small and big turbo) and they both run very fucking hard.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, f7ben said:

Skidoo chooses ECU's that are tough to crack and have little support on purpose....they dont want people having access to anything or being able to make it better

Why would they?

Hey here's a 135 HP sled, feel free to turbo it and double the HP and we will gladly cover it under warranty.  :lol:  

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm not so sure you can turbo a 1200 for $1500.

I will say the 1200 Turbo's EXTREMELY well.  Buddy of mine has 2 (small and big turbo) and they both run very fucking hard.  

Used parts I could do it easily for 1500$ .....the PCV pti is a good box for simple stage 1 tuning. I might be a little off base of how well the sidewinder runs as I have no experience with them but a Doo set up right and running 6-7lbs boost will give a 240HP zook motor cat all it can handle and more

Just now, Highmark said:

Why would they?

Hey here's a 135 HP sled, feel free to turbo it and double the HP and we will gladly cover it under warranty.  :lol:  

Its not about warranty .....that is voided as soon as you crack the hood. Its about giving people options to build what they want. Cat understood this and gave us the ability to spend $300 for a tune and have as much power as we wanted. Faggots at skidoo fucked us out of that 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Used parts I could do it easily for 1500$ .....the PCV pti is a good box for simple stage 1 tuning. I might be a little off base of how well the sidewinder runs as I have no experience with them but a Doo set up right and running 6-7lbs boost will give a 240HP zook motor cat all it can handle and more

I haven't compared with my Sidewinder yet but I completely agree a 240ish HP doo is a beast.  

For the average guy they are going to be $4000++ to turbo a 1200 and get the most out of it.  Hell isn't the motec setup with software around $4000 alone?  

I will say this, the 1200 turbo's I run with go like a scalded dog but they do tweak them and seem to take quite a while to get dialed in.   The Cat and Yam are pretty much plug and go with no or less worries and dicking with.   Maybe they don't run as well but they are much less time consuming.  JMHO.  

Edited by Highmark

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I haven't compared with my Sidewinder yet but I completely agree a 240ish HP doo is a beast.  

For the average guy they are going to be $4000++ to turbo a 1200 and get the most out of it.  Hell isn't the motec setup with software around $4000 alone?  

I will say this, the 1200 turbo's I run with go like a scalded dog but they do tweak them and seem to take quite a while to get dialed in.   The Cat and Yam are pretty much plug and go with no or less worries and dicking with.   Maybe they don't run as well but they are much less time consuming.  JMHO.  

To get 240 out of the Doo you are talking fuel system upgrades and then it gets more complex and more costly. You can get about 205-210 out of the Doo fuel system stock and that is plenty to run with an 1100 turbo set at 240 and running pump fuel.

Motec is expensive for sure ....but at that point you can run 340HP or so on regular pump gas and there is no stock turbo cat or yamaha that is going to be within a ball field of you 

Also I should add that my estimate of 1500$ to turbo a Doo is a no frills cheapo setup with a PB80 and used parts. Fueling it with a PCV and being happy with a 6-7lbs boost ceiling

Maybe it would be 1700$ depending on how lucky you were sourcing parts etc