Check your account email address ×

TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR---- "The Silence Breakers"

jammin

'The Silence Breakers' are Time's Person of the Year

Time magazine has named "The Silence Breakers," representing people who came forward to report sexual misconduct, as its Person of the Year.
It's a recognition of the cultural reckoning this year and the #MeToo movement, which represents the people, mostly women, who have fueled a worldwide discussion about sexual harassment and assault.

"This reckoning appears to have sprung up overnight. But it has actually been simmering for years, decades, centuries," Time's story said.

"These silence breakers have started a revolution of refusal, gathering strength by the day, and in the past two months alone, their collective anger has spurred immediate and shocking results: nearly every day, CEOs have been fired, moguls toppled, icons disgraced. In some cases, criminal charges have been brought."

President Trump was the runner-up for Person of the Year. Chinese President Xi Jinping came in third. .... Time's editor-in-chief announced the pick Wednesday morning on NBC's "Today."

The #MeToo hashtag was created more than a decade ago by the activist Tarana Burke. But it took off last month when a slew of high-profile men were publicly accused of sexual misconduct, beginning with Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.  After The New York Times and The New Yorker published accusations of sexual harassment and assault against Weinstein, many more women and some men came forward with allegations against others -- including actor Kevin Spacey, comedian Louis C.K. and former NBC anchor Matt Lauer.

Last year Time awarded Person of the Year to Trump, who had just won the election. Time called him the "President of the Divided States of America."
The president tweeted last month that he was "probably" going to be given the title, adding that he "took a pass" because he would have had to agree to an interview and a photo shoot. Time called that account false.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/06/media/time-person-of-the-year-2017/index.html

:lol:

Hilarious. 

They clearly went against their own doctrine on what makes their “person of the year” because they operate on emotions rather than facts.

What a shit show liberal rag.  I was hoping they’d chose Hillary or Comey or Mueller myself.

:lmao:

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Person of the year yet they don;t choose  a person,  SMH

Trump clearly was the right pick,  like him or hate him there's been no one else whose had a bigger effect on this country and probably this world in 2017

Based on their own criterea..he was CLEARLY the only choice.  But I'm glad they didn't chose him.  I enjoy watching hypocrisy on display......especially when it is swimming in it's own repugnance.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Based on their own criterea..he was CLEARLY the only choice.  But I'm glad they didn't chose him.  I enjoy watching hypocrisy on display......especially when it is swimming in it's own repugnance.

You're still fucking salty about that? That tweet was like a couple months ago dude, get over it. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So do I.  

...but probably for different reasons.  "probably".

:lmao:

Try and use your brain for a minute and you would love it for the same reasons I do. All these chicks that have come out have destroyed a lot of pieces of shit...it took real courage to get this ball rolling and now it is snowballing down the hill leaving a trail of destruction 10 miles wide right through hollywood and washington. Its awesome.

Also Trump is such a thin skinned pussy this has to drive him nuts......so there is that as well :lol: 

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is a giant fuck you to the piece of human filth known as POTUS .......I love it 

Seems to be the only thing that makes you happy these days....your thing of the year. :lol:

Screenshot_20171206-085927.png

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Try and use your brain for a minute and you would love it for the same reasons I do. All these chicks that have come out have destroyed a lot of pieces of shit...it took real courage to get this ball rolling and now it is snowballing down the hill leaving a trail of destruction 10 miles wide right through hollywood and washington. Its awesome.

Also Trump is such a thin skinned pussy this has to drive him nuts......so there is that as well :lol: 

No...that's good too.  But the fact this rag went against it's own ideals in clear hypocrisy is what makes me laugh...the MSM is toast with half the population with it's balatant lies and propoghanda.  This just enforces that.

And I don't really think Trump GAS about this.  Truly.  I'll bet he's laughing about it.  

Person of the Year Criterea:

Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year".

No...that's good too.  But the fact this rag went against it's own ideals in clear hypocrisy is what makes me laugh...the MSM is toast with half the population with it's balatant lies and propoghanda.  This just enforces that.

And I don't really think Trump GAS about this.  Truly.  I'll bet he's laughing about it.  

Person of the Year Criterea:

Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year".

I guess I must be missing something.....it seems their criteria fits their selection perfectly 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

In the pint can, with the screw on cap.

Makes a perfect roadie!!!!!!!!!!

I just like them in the 12oz variety !!11

Just now, f7ben said:

I guess I must be missing something.....it seems their criteria fits their selection perfectly 

Well.."person" may be the first thing you are missing.  Then, who has had more "influents over the events of the year" than Trump?  NOBODY!!  Especially in the biased MSM...even if half of it was all made up.  GREAT FICTION!!!  Didn't Trump tell them to get fucked on it a few weeks ago anyway?  I thought I may have heard that.  

And all this "sexual abuse" stuff just happened this last month.  It's a joke....like most of the publications anymore.  That's why I'm glad they went this route.  Although...now that I think about it.  "Rocket Man" would have been a good choice too.  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well.."person" may be the first thing you are missing.  Then, who has had more "influents over the events of the year" than Trump?  NOBODY!!  Especially in the biased MSM...even if half of it was all made up.  GREAT FICTION!!!  Didn't Trump tell them to get fucked on it a few weeks ago anyway?  I thought I may have heard that.  

And all this "sexual abuse" stuff just happened this last month.  It's a joke....like most of the publications anymore.  That's why I'm glad they went this route.  Although...now that I think about it.  "Rocket Man" would have been a good choice too.  :lmao:

a person , a group an idea or an object ....can you not fucking read?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

a person , a group an idea or an object ....can you not fucking read?

So then, they should name it "Time's Group or Object of the Year"... :lmao: ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And for sure...THIS "Group" had the biggest stories all year!!!

TWELEVETy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who fucking cares.

So then, they should name it "Time's Group or Object of the Year"... :lmao: ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And for sure...THIS "Group" had the biggest stories all year!!!

TWELEVETy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who fucking cares.

You are a thin skinned pussy just like Trump and Time fucking magazine owned you :lol: listen to your pussy bleed right wing whacko tears of blood 

This is perfect ......throw MORE TANTRUMS SNOWFLAKE :lol: 

Just now, Wildboer said:

Equating being a corrupt politician to being a child diddler, real classy.

She is far more than just a corrupt politician. She is the worst example of victim shaming and defense of sexual predators we have in the public domain. She should literally be crucified for how she has treated all of Bills accusers.

• Like 1