• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1trailmaker

• Jimmy Snacks

• ckf

• Blackstar

Always been a Springsteen fan, Tim?

For some reason, I could never really get into him but I was likely in my metal/hard rock phase so I didn't pay him much attention. Always liked this one though, and a few others of course.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

Always been a Springsteen fan, Tim?

For some reason, I could never really get into him but I was likely in my metal/hard rock phase so I didn't pay him much attention. Always liked this one though, and a few others of course.

Yep....lol

It's funny you pick another Tunnel of Love song.

He is by far my favorite artist. Seen him live 3 times and I don't go to concerts.

I love my old Metal too. Priest, Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. But Bruce has always been in my mix since I "found" Rock'n Roll.

Back when I was 17,  a friend of mine gave me a mixed tape (his parents owned a restaurant/country bar and he got the DJ to make some tapes on the dance clubs audio gear). The only song I can remember that was on that tape was Hungry Heart. It just struck a cord with me and I've been a fan ever since.

My girlfriend at the time bought me a Master Copy of Born to Run. (I still have it).

Tunnel of Love is in my top 3 albums. Its got a dark underlying tone that runs through most of the songs. Betrayal,  deceit, deception, etc. Bruce was divorcing his wife at the time he wrote most of the album. Patti had been in his life for a few years and it leads you question who was deceiving who.

I saw a therapist for a while who said I suffer from mild depression. Nothing excessive but I'm on the negative side of the line. Bruce has stated he has suffered from depression most of his life so maybe that's where I feel the connection.

The struggle, the under dog, the common man, fighting the good fight.

Top 5 Bruce Albums.

Born to Run

Darkness on the Edge of Town

Tunnel of Love

Nebraska

The River

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yep....lol

It's funny you pick another Tunnel of Love song.

He is by far my favorite artist. Seen him live 3 times and I don't go to concerts.

I love my old Metal too. Priest, Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. But Bruce has always been in my mix since I "found" Rock'n Roll.

Back when I was 17,  a friend of mine gave me a mixed tape (his parents owned a restaurant/country bar and he got the DJ to make some tapes on the dance clubs audio gear). The only song I can remember that was on that tape was Hungry Heart. It just struck a cord with me and I've been a fan ever since.

My girlfriend at the time bought me a Master Copy of Born to Run. (I still have it).

Tunnel of Love is in my top 3 albums. Its got a dark underlying tone that runs through most of the songs. Betrayal,  deceit, deception, etc. Bruce was divorcing his wife at the time he wrote most of the album. Patti had been in his life for a few years and it leads you question who was deceiving who.

I saw a therapist for a while who said I suffer from mild depression. Nothing excessive but I'm on the negative side of the line. Bruce has stated he has suffered from depression most of his life so maybe that's where I feel the connection.

The struggle, the under dog, the common man, fighting the good fight.

Top 5 Bruce Albums.

Born to Run

Darkness on the Edge of Town

Tunnel of Love

Nebraska

The River

Good story! :bc:

I think music is universal, so, like you mentioned, you found a connection with him whether you knew it at the time or not? 

My music taste is all over the place, as you know, where I can go from hard rock/metal to folk or similar. I was listening to some John Prine earlier and it brought back some great memories, then I heard Metal Gods above from Jimmy and instantly got into that as well. 

I see you posted Human Touch. Another song of his I like, which I think I mentioned to you before sometime ago? Bruce definitely has some hits and I'm sure I could get into him more if I took some time to listen more, but for some reason I never do?

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, irv said:

Good story! :bc:

I think music is universal, so, like you mentioned, you found a connection with him whether you knew it at the time or not? 

My music taste is all over the place, as you know, where I can go from hard rock/metal to folk or similar. I was listening to some John Prine earlier and it brought back some great memories, then I heard Metal Gods above from Jimmy and instantly got into that as well. 

I see you posted Human Touch. Another song of his I like, which I think I mentioned to you before sometime ago? Bruce definitely has some hits and I'm sure I could get into him more if I took some time to listen more, but for some reason I never do?

Hardcore Bruce. From the album Nebraska. Bruce recorded the entire album on a shitty 4 track in his basement. He does all the vocals and plays all instruments.

• Like 1