Check your account email address ×

Average cars impounded.....

Puzzleboy

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

On a side note does anyone know what happens to higher end cars (Audis, BMWs Lexuses) when the come off their lease? The reason I ask is that you never see a single mom w/ 3 rugrats, driving a 15 year old beater X5. It's like the cars disappear from the roads after they're 3 or 4 years old.

Many end up at the lease auctions like Adesa, not open to the public.  When you see a BMW for sale at a GM dealership, it most likely came from an auction. There are more of them there than regular domestics at the auctions, cause after 3 or 4 years they start getting real expensive to maintain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

When you see a BMW for sale at a GM dealership, it most likely came from an auction. 

That reminds me off the Nissan dealership in Ptbo during the winter of 2016. They had a fairly new GM pickup w/ a plow attached on their boulevard. I guess they figured they sell it before a Titan.

20 minutes ago, revrnd said:

That reminds me off the Nissan dealership in Ptbo during the winter of 2016. They had a fairly new GM pickup w/ a plow attached on their boulevard. I guess they figured they sell it before a Titan.

When I was looking for a used F150, I went to Suzuki in Newmarket (still selling Sami's then) and said, "someone traded down bigtime".

:lol:

I think the guideline still applies or they use parameters close to it. You don't tend to see a lot of "older" used models on the manufacturers' lot. It used to be that the threshold was about 3 years and 100,000 km. They wanted vehicles to sell that still had a lot of life and value left. Anything beyond that the manufacturer dealers didn't want to sell them to a customer and sent them to the dealer auctions where they would get bought up by the private used car lots.

25 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I think the guideline still applies or they use parameters close to it. You don't tend to see a lot of "older" used models on the manufacturers' lot. It used to be that the threshold was about 3 years and 100,000 km. They wanted vehicles to sell that still had a lot of life and value left. Anything beyond that the manufacturer dealers didn't want to sell them to a customer and sent them to the dealer auctions where they would get bought up by the private used car lots.

True. Are there used car dealers in the GTA that handle 'higher end stuff'? And I don't mean Rajiv's Used Cars on Gerrard St either.

There are a few of them it seems

http://www.johnscotti.com/en/used/luxury/

http://www.worldfinecars.ca/

http://www.theautogallery.com/used-inventory/index.htm

It seems there really is a Rajiv Used Cars as well, definitely not on Gerard though.... :D

RAJIV AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD is the authorized dealership & Service Centre (workshop) of Maruti True Value in Ramdayalu Nagar, Muzaffarpur. It sells an services Maruti True Value pre owned cars & SUV such as Telerio, Alto 800, Alto K10, Wagon R, Ritz, Swift, Stringray, Dzire, SX$, Ertiga, Omni, Eeco, Gypsy, Grand Vitara etc.

http://www.dealerwheeler.in/dealer/rajiv-automobiles-pvt-ltd-maruti-true-value-used-cars-dealer-service-centre-workshop

That's an odd looking bird........ Vette SUV?  Lol  To be honest, still hard to get used to the looks of the C7, even in regular form.   

Might be time to go back to my Mopar roots...... :)

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Puzzle, have you ordered this mod?

AeroWagen

They did that mod in the 70's on a ton of Corvettes.  Hot Rod magazine featured one back in the 70's. Too bad I didn't keep that mag.  The mod wrecks a perfectly good average sports car.

Edited by Poncho

6 hours ago, Sksman said:

There was also a demand for high end used cars in other parts of the world.  

One of my business associates was intrested in shipping used high end to Russia.

Well they say a lot of stolen hogh end cars wind up in Africa.

5 hours ago, Poncho said:

They did that mod in the 70's on a ton of Corvettes.  Hot Rod magazine featured one back in the 70's. Too bad I didn't keep that mag.  The mod wrecks a perfectly good average sports car.

Remember that too

wagonMillerleftrear.jpg18n63bsiqdmq9jpg.jpg

14 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Ugh , some ideas you guys had in the 70's ..... what were you thinking . 

Wide collars on shirts that were like propellers , pork chop side burns , brown sports cars , men and women having massive bushes ..........

Cockroach killers.  You manscape? 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Cockroach killers.  You manscape? 

Fuck ya , dont scape my chest , but damn right I do my junk . Would you go to town on a woman with a bush as thick as Algonquin ... three inches thick down the thighs , hell no ! And they feel the same , they dont want to go to town on some guys piss catching , sweaty hairy ball sack .