Check your account email address ×

Barrett-Jackson

58 minutes ago, Cold War said:

People are not buying them to commute back & forth to work.

If you didn't grow up in it or around it, then it is probably meaningless to you.

Oh I totally grew up with it. I had a 79 z28 that was all hopped up. My friends had old Chevelles, vettes, camaros, GSX and my favorite was a 1970 442 w30. I loved those cars. And growing up in the 70's and 80's those were still really awesome cars. Just saying i would never want to own one today. the cars today are just too good. Better in every regard really. Those old cars were one dimensional. You can get them to go really fast in a straight line but they rode like shit, handled like shit, noisey and twisty and fucking rusted. I just dont get it anymore...

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh I totally grew up with it. I had a 79 z28 that was all hopped up. My friends had old Chevelles, vettes, camaros, GSX and my favorite was a 1970 442 w30. I loved those cars. And growing up in the 70's and 80's those were still really awesome cars. Just saying i would never want to own one today. the cars today are just too good. Better in every regard really. Those old cars were one dimensional. You can get them to go really fast in a straight line but they rode like shit, handled like shit, noisey and twisty and fucking rusted. I just dont get it anymore...

I won't argue that.

I love the sound, smell, simplicity, feeling like a kid in high school behind the wheel , the comradely of other car guys. memories growing up in my dads cars, hanging out at shows.

But, I would never want jump in old car and drive to say Florida, I'm to used to all my comforts.  

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

specialty dealer.

Im asking cause i spent 10 yrs doing paint work for a huge corvette muscle car  dealer, its a tough business, they dont typically do the restorations, is it an Auburn car by chance?  

Edited by MiSledder

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I won't argue that.

I love the sound, smell, simplicity, feeling like a kid in high school behind the wheel , the comradely of other car guys. memories growing up in my dads cars, hanging out at shows.

But, I would never want jump in old car and drive to say Florida, I'm to used to all my comforts.  

I dont know man, those road kill guys seem to have fun lol

18 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Im asking cause i spent 10 yrs doing paint work for a huge corvette muscle car  dealer, its a tough business, they dont typically do the restorations, is it an Auburn car by chance?  

Nope.  They buy and sell.  Typically I think they look for cars that need nothing and resell for double. 

I never bash other businesses to customers or online.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I won't argue that.

Well put.

When I take my old truck out for a drive, I'm thinking, "ya, the dash squeak, the wind noise, the vague steering, the weak brakes, just like the ones I drove 30 years ago."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cold War said:

Ruined the hobby.

Yep

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

People are not buying them to commute back & forth to work.

If you didn't grow up in it or around it, then it is probably meaningless to you.

Bingo

41 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Wtf was that pile of scrap metal torino suppose to be....... :lol: 

a piece of art apparently. I'm sure the artist expected to get a lot more than $5000 for it. A ton of technology and labor.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-FORD-TORINO-CUSTOM-DISPLAY-CAR-200631

200631_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Edited by Blackstar

All those Cheyenne Supers that went through were fetching around the $30k-35k range. Keep in mind those are full "nut and bolt" restorations.

You couldn't build one for that money useless you are capable of doing every stitch of the work yourself.

These trucks were selling for $15k-20 ten years ago.

7 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Factory drag racer that will sit in a collection..... :sad: 

it will probably get donated to the buyers favorite charity and just keep going round and round.

200664_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

1969 L88 Corvette with 16,000 miles. Complete Restoration, Triple Diamond Status.

Did not meet reserve.

I didn't realize they still had reserve vehicles in this auction.

Justin Beiber had a reserve on his Ferrari but it sold.

Edited by Blackstar

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

200664_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

1969 L88 Corvette with 16,000 miles. Complete Restoration, Triple Diamond Status.

Did not meet reserve.

I didn't realize they still had reserve vehicles in this auction.

Justin Beiber had a reserve on his Ferrari but it sold.

The had no reserves for a number years....my thinking they brought it back so they would still get high quality cars even if the money wasnt out there.

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

The had no reserves for a number years....my thinking they brought it back so they would still get high quality cars even if the money wasnt out there.

That's what I thought. I was surprised to see that there were reserves on some of the cars.