Check your account email address ×

What do you guys know about “event 201”

jtssrx

So October 2019 Johns Hopkins and the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation hosted a simulation event that simulated a coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

Statement about nCoV and our pandemic exercise

In October 2019, the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security hosted a pandemic tabletop exercise called Event 201 with partners, the World Economic Forum and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Recently, the Center for Health Security has received questions about whether that pandemic exercise predicted the current novel coronavirus outbreak in China. To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.

These type of simulations happen quite often.  SARS started to make people a little more nervous than normal about coronavirus type spread.  Most of the simulations use influenza as a simpler to understand spread.  We have more history with influenza to create relevance.(1918- outbreak)

The good news about simulations is that it does give some preparation to an actual event.  MN is benefiting from rationing protocols that were developed in a simulation dating back to work that started in 2007.  That project used an influenza type event and gave the final presentation in 2010.  Conspiracy theorists will note the dates in relation to H1N1.  There is some irony to the conspiracies.  The project was started well before an outbreak, and the protocols could be evaluated during the event.  It is a near perfect way to evaluate a simulation.  

Essentially, the simulations give a roadmap to response and resource allocation.  That roadmap is the template that will likely be used on the first round of vaccines and related supplies.

As human beings we do simulations all day long.  What am I going to do if that doofus pulls out in front of me on the road?  My five year old will probably want college, how do I plan on the money?  etc. etc. etc.  Simulation is a tool that helps us prepare for that doofus on the road.

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

If people aren't paying attention to the "economic reset" and "New World Order" discussions going on around this they should.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/08/building-blocks-of-the-great-reset/

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If people aren't paying attention to the "economic reset" and "New World Order" discussions going on around this they should.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/08/building-blocks-of-the-great-reset/

They would ask us if we have our tinfoil hats on

11 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They would ask us if we have our tinfoil hats on

Well the WHO and UN agree with their agenda so its hardly a conspiracy.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

These type of simulations happen quite often.  SARS started to make people a little more nervous than normal about coronavirus type spread.  Most of the simulations use influenza as a simpler to understand spread.  We have more history with influenza to create relevance.(1918- outbreak)

The good news about simulations is that it does give some preparation to an actual event.  MN is benefiting from rationing protocols that were developed in a simulation dating back to work that started in 2007.  That project used an influenza type event and gave the final presentation in 2010.  Conspiracy theorists will note the dates in relation to H1N1.  There is some irony to the conspiracies.  The project was started well before an outbreak, and the protocols could be evaluated during the event.  It is a near perfect way to evaluate a simulation.  

Essentially, the simulations give a roadmap to response and resource allocation.  That roadmap is the template that will likely be used on the first round of vaccines and related supplies.

As human beings we do simulations all day long.  What am I going to do if that doofus pulls out in front of me on the road?  My five year old will probably want college, how do I plan on the money?  etc. etc. etc.  Simulation is a tool that helps us prepare for that doofus on the road.

and as usual the most sensible response in the thread gets completely ignored :lol: 

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I concur and I applaud your ability to acknowledge this, Karen Snacks.

I also acknowledge that you are one dumb motherfucker.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Ass to mouth as it were.  Yours to Frenchys.

Get  your own material.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Get  your own material.

You are more guilty of ass to mouth than anyone on this forum so the criticism is deserved.  Pretty much all you do is run around the forum looking for someone to jump on the bandwagon with to pile on someone else. Ass to mouth. You couldn’t stand on your own if your life depended on it. 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Get  your own material.

Woolie hasn’t put you on ignore yet?  Step up your game :lol: 

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You are more guilty of ass to mouth than anyone on this forum so the criticism is deserved.  Pretty much all you do is run around the forum looking for someone to jump on the bandwagon with to pile on someone else. Ass to mouth. You couldn’t stand on your own if your life depended on it. 

Really....are you sure you want to go there?

22 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Woolie hasn’t put you on ignore yet?  Step up your game :lol: 

I just try to bust his balls every now and again but he takes it personal plus he needs to impress MoeMoe and his new found son Frankie.😂😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah absolutely you fucking fag.  Spread some more bullshit you heard from the angry ginger.

My wife hasn’t been able to work in ten years and receives zero assistance.

Your wife got you a job.

Pretty sure I stand on my own two fucking feet you old dumbfuck.

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I concur and I applaud your ability to acknowledge this, Karen Snacks.

22 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Day after day your on here name calling and insulting people being a good little Karen.  What a cunt you've become. You should look at Frankie James for guidance, he's really turned it around. 

Who started the name calling...go lay down.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks